News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,233 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #975 on: August 13, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 12:34:26 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 12:16:14 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 11:49:50 AM
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 11:14:40 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2015, 09:53:09 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 11, 2015, 01:40:19 PM

He and I (and Huey) wrote for GROTA together a few years back.  I lobbied Kurt Evans hard to have Sloth removed from the roster because what he was writing was completely fucking embarrassing, and when he wouldn't do it, I left instead.

Weird, I have no recollection of those Emails. Was that an exchange on Gmail?

Search me, it was ten years ago now.  There were two or three occasions when he posted stuff that was downright embarrassing and I told you it had no place on the site.  I had no desire whatsoever to be associated in any way with his bollocks: at one point, I thought I was going to have to get my arse cheeks surgically unclenched.  If you don't remember that, there's not much I can do about it, but I've never made a secret of my disdain for what Sloth was writing back then: it was absolute fucking mince.

Well, I went back into my email and searched, both your gmail and siemens email addresses. The conversation never happened. To be fair, I 100% believe you when you say that that was your opinion, and if you'd brought it to my attention at the time with a "him-or-me" ultimatum I probably would've told you to pack sand anyway, because I don't like it when people make ultimatums. So, take it for what you will, I guess. As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after. Maybe it was then that you called out the Sloth.

The last few exchanges I ever had with you were when I paid you a few bucks for your writing contributions to the site and when I posted something on Facebook about not being impressed by the Stone Roses (or it might have been the Smiths) and you were so offended by my opinion that you lit into me and basically called me a moron. I decided at that point that I didn't really care to know you. That said, I'm sure you're a really great guy and I still think you're way more talented and funny a writer than many, especially including myself. I can't blame you for misremembering something that happened nearly a decade ago.

Fuck me.  Nobody said anything about an ultimatum, either.  I said I lobbied you to remove Sloth from the roster and when you didn't, I left.  Twat.

Sorry, I misread what you'd written. But it's really a moot point. It's the past and there's no point in dwelling on it. I hope you're enjoying your vacation, you've picked an excellent time to be in Chicago.

There was only one of us dwelling on it, but thank you for your kind wishes.

I'm only in this thread because you were talking about it and I was quite surprised. You had lots of good reasons for leaving GROTA, and I think everyone's happy by how it worked out.
M'lady.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #976 on: August 13, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »
The idea of someone resigning from a hobby that is not their job is pretty funny to me. If I ever decide to quit golfing I'm definitely going to tender my resignation to Desipio.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #977 on: August 13, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 01:03:19 PM
The idea of someone resigning from a hobby that is not their job is pretty funny to me. If I ever decide to quit golfing I'm definitely going to tender my resignation to Desipio.

I'd like to think you'd at least the decency to do it in person, after all the lunches we've had together.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:19 PM »

He and I (and Huey) wrote for GROTA together a few years back.  I lobbied Kurt Evans hard to have Sloth removed from the roster because what he was writing was completely fucking embarrassing, and when he wouldn't do it, I left instead.

Search me, it was ten years ago now.  There were two or three occasions when he posted stuff that was downright embarrassing and I told you it had no place on the site.  I had no desire whatsoever to be associated in any way with his bollocks: at one point, I thought I was going to have to get my arse cheeks surgically unclenched.  If you don't remember that, there's not much I can do about it, but I've never made a secret of my disdain for what Sloth was writing back then: it was absolute fucking mince.

Well, I went back into my email and searched, both your gmail and siemens email addresses. The conversation never happened. To be fair, I 100% believe you when you say that that was your opinion, and if you'd brought it to my attention at the time with a "him-or-me" ultimatum I probably would've told you to pack sand anyway, because I don't like it when people make ultimatums. So, take it for what you will, I guess. As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after. Maybe it was then that you called out the Sloth.

The last few exchanges I ever had with you were when I paid you a few bucks for your writing contributions to the site and when I posted something on Facebook about not being impressed by the Stone Roses (or it might have been the Smiths) and you were so offended by my opinion that you lit into me and basically called me a moron. I decided at that point that I didn't really care to know you. That said, I'm sure you're a really great guy and I still think you're way more talented and funny a writer than many, especially including myself. I can't blame you for misremembering something that happened nearly a decade ago.

This seems like a rational response.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: August 13, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 13, 2015, 01:04:42 PM

I'd like to think you'd at least the decency to do it in person, after all the lunches we've had together.

Don't even waste our time unless you've had it properly witnessed and notarized.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #980 on: August 13, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 12:41:52 PM

Fuck me.  Nobody said anything about an ultimatum, either.  I said I lobbied you to remove Sloth from the roster and when you didn't, I left.  Twat.

Sorry, I misread what you'd written. But it's really a moot point. It's the past and there's no point in dwelling on it. I hope you're enjoying your vacation, you've picked an excellent time to be in Chicago.

I'm only in this thread because you were talking about it and I was quite surprised. You had lots of good reasons for leaving GROTA, and I think everyone's happy by how it worked out.

Ever since you said that you turned down SBNation's offer to run BCB, before they offered it to Al, you've been dead to me.  The way I see it, that Al exists is your fault.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: August 13, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »

You're right. This is just about blogging, but at the time I took it pretty seriously. Looking back, the whole thing was pretty ridiculous.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: August 13, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 13, 2015, 01:34:43 PM

Ever since you said that you turned down SBNation's offer to run BCB, before they offered it to Al, you've been dead to me.  The way I see it, that Al exists is your fault.

Just think of all the Mitch Hill photoshops we would have had the chance to enjoy.  Damn it, Kurt.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: August 13, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »

I know. I'm really, really sorry about that.

...forgive me?
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: August 13, 2015, 01:38:50 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 13, 2015, 01:36:52 PM

Just think of all the Mitch Hill photoshops we would have had the chance to enjoy.  Damn it, Kurt.

You may make your fun, but years from now people will still be talking about Mitch Hill and his villainous mustache. Search your heart - you know it's true.
M'lady.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: August 13, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 01:38:50 PM

You may make your fun, but years from now people will still be talking about Mitch Hill and his villainous mustache. Search your heart - you know it's true.

yes
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: August 13, 2015, 02:10:09 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 01:38:50 PM

Historians will write, "We didn't understand them at all then, and we still don't understand them at all now."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: August 13, 2015, 02:52:46 PM »

An, Krut's OK by me too.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: August 13, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 13, 2015, 02:52:46 PM

An, Krut's OK by me too.

Seal of approval!

Thanks, Fork.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: August 30, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »
Brett keeping Mike Ferrin and Matt Snyder in his site's Twitter sidebar (obnoxiously titled Interesting on The Twitters, because of course) continues to be a source of harmless amusement for me.  Every time I load up the site it's fun to see how far off topic they are, since both tweet about the Cubs approximately 0.1% of the time.

Here's what's at the top of the list right now, for example:

Quote from: @MikeFerrinSXMBlue Angels flying over our Apartment & freaking out the dog!

Go Cubs!