News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,234 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #1005 on: September 29, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
I think Trueblood blocked me so I can't post the exchange here, but I laughed pretty hard at him bitching that Joe was using Denorfia instead of Baez and then his butthurt comment about how Cubs twitter sucks when RV and many others threw his tactical expertise in his stupid face.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: September 29, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 09:28:53 AM
I think Trueblood blocked me so I can't post the exchange here, but I laughed pretty hard at him bitching that Joe was using Denorfia instead of Baez and then his butthurt comment about how Cubs twitter sucks when RV and many others threw his tactical expertise in his stupid face.

Damn it i want to see this. I will find it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: September 29, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 29, 2015, 10:50:37 AM

He tried to say he wanted Baez for "sentimental" reasons, not for tactical reasons. Whatever.

The nice thing about that "outcomes don't validate processes" line is it allows him leeway to never admit that he was wrong.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: September 29, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 29, 2015, 10:54:22 AM

He tried to say he wanted Baez for "sentimental" reasons, not for tactical reasons. Whatever.

The nice thing about that "outcomes don't validate processes" line is it allows him leeway to never admit that he was wrong.

Outcomes don't validate processes also has the benefit of being true.  See: Williams, Kenneth.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: September 29, 2015, 11:11:05 AM »

I just like the fact that he has to include complicated caveats with every tweet he makes now because he's so full of shit and everyone knows.

I think we've won.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: September 29, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 29, 2015, 11:03:08 AM

Outcomes don't validate processes also has the benefit of being true.  See: Williams, Kenneth.

It's a nice little phrase but it doesn't mean your process is any better than the one you're complaining about. Take the original rant that led to the I AM THE GREAT TACTITIONER statement in the first place: saying Joe should pinch hit for Montero with the bases loaded and no outs in the 5th inning against a left handed pitcher for the f--king Diamondbacks.

There's a hundred variables that could have gone into Joe's reasoning as to why he did not pinch hit for Montero there (Miggy has reverse splits this year for the first time in his career, there were no outs anyway so you'd likely get multiple run scoring opportunities regardless, David Ross would enter the game once Miggy was out and he blows, etc.). Joe most definitely has all of the relevant numbers and he has what's obviously a very good process. This dipshit just looked at Montero's career numbers vs lefthanders and says Joe should pinch hit for him and when Miggy gets a grand slam he says "well, my process is better anyway!"

He can never be wrong. May he rot.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1011 on: September 29, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »

Outcomes don't validate processes also has the benefit of being true.  See: Williams, Kenneth.

I think that line really only holds true in smaller sample sizes. I mean, I don't like really like Kenny Williams, but they averaged 88 wins in his first 7 years as GM and (allegedly) won a World Series. I wouldn't say his process was bad.

If anything, Williams played the early 2000s really well -- he was grabbing pitching and defense while everyone else was ignoring it because of the A's model.

Point is, it's a clever line that works well for smug little shits on Twitter.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: September 29, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 29, 2015, 11:17:12 AM

I think that line really only holds true in smaller sample sizes. I mean, I don't like really like Kenny Williams, but they averaged 88 wins in his first 7 years as GM and (allegedly) won a World Series. I wouldn't say his process was bad.

If anything, Williams played the early 2000s really well -- he was grabbing pitching and defense while everyone else was ignoring it because of the A's model.

Williams and Hendry were basically the same guy in my opinion. Williams' pitchers just enjoyed better health and the 2005 White Sox finished the deal while the 2003/2008 Cubs didn't. They were pretty good at finding value in early 2000s free agency where guys still occasionally hit the market in their prime and teams like the Pirates just gave guys like Aramis Ramirez away. Both made some pretty good trades. Then both were left behind as the sands shifted, it became harder and harder to buy wins in free agency, and player drafting and development became the only practical way to sustain success.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: September 29, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 11:23:13 AM

Williams and Hendry were basically the same guy in my opinion. Williams' pitchers just enjoyed better health and the 2005 White Sox finished the deal while the 2003/2008 Cubs didn't. They were pretty good at finding value in early 2000s free agency where guys still occasionally hit the market in their prime and teams like the Pirates just gave guys like Aramis Ramirez away. Both made some pretty good trades. Then both were left behind as the sands shifted, it became harder and harder to buy wins in free agency, and player drafting and development became the only practical way to sustain success.

And I apologize for the thread derailment. I couldn't help myself because I'm me and Chuck is Chuck and I'm sorry.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: September 29, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 29, 2015, 11:25:06 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 11:23:13 AM

And I apologize for the thread derailment. I couldn't help myself because I'm me and Chuck is Chuck and I'm sorry.

I just wanted to rip on Door Slammin' Kenny!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: September 29, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
Trueblood is a penis and I predict at some point Slaky will make him cry. There. Back on track.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: September 29, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 11:31:51 AM
Trueblood is a penis and I predict at some point Slaky will make him cry. There. Back on track.

It's gonna be hard to top OOH WAH AH AH AH, but I'm hopeful.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: September 29, 2015, 02:18:13 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 29, 2015, 11:11:05 AM

I just like the fact that he has to include complicated caveats with every tweet he makes now because he's so full of shit and everyone knows.

I think we've won.

Won like World War 2 winning, with Hitler suicided in his bunker?

or won like Iraq winning, with the US leaving Iraq a barren wasteland filled with insane terrorists?
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1018 on: September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 29, 2015, 01:43:08 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 29, 2015, 11:31:51 AM

It's gonna be hard to top OOH WAH AH AH AH, but I'm hopeful.

A moment of silence for Cigar Mike.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 29, 2015, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 29, 2015, 11:11:05 AM

I think we've won.

Won like World War 2 winning, with Hitler suicided in his bunker?

or won like Iraq winning, with the US leaving Iraq a barren wasteland filled with insane terrorists?

I don't positive this.