News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Splooge Sploogearama Sploogefest  ( 9,072 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Splooge Sploogearama Sploogefest
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 17, 2009, 12:30:48 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 17, 2009, 11:51:04 AM
Quotegroundhog day
Current mood:groundhog
As those of you who really know me know, Groundhog Day is the only holiday I don't think is a sham and a lie. Even though it is, in fact, the most shammingest, lyingest holiday of them all. That paradox lies at the heart of this fine day.

WHY? someone might ask, do you love this holiday. And I'd say, Friend, I love it because it is named after an ungainly rodent, and, in its way, draws attention to his little life. I think, wrapped (and rapt) as we usually are in our own affairs and in the dizzying business of being human, we forget that there exist billions, perhaps trillions of little living beings, each less conscious than we are, but each still more or less aware. These beings live and die in obscurity so deep, in silence so complete, that our own negligible lives seem momentous in comparison. Our world hardly even acknowledges these other creatures. But each one feels, each one lives, and if it can't think as we do, if it belongs to a species that just isn't that far along yet, that only makes its predicament the more poignant.

When did we become human? When did we cross that line? Countless of our ancestors were nameless and, as we judge thinking, thoughtless. Yet such thoughts and feelings as they had contained the germ of all we've since become. I feel sorry for animals and I know they suffer too. And I know they have joy, too, and play more purely than we do. Even the oldest animal has often a childlikeness unseen in human beings after adolescence.. So take time out from the preoccupation with being human to recognize that we share our earth with many smaller (and some larger) beings, each of the divinity, each more scared the less it's aware of what it is and what it's doing here. If you recognize that, you'll be likely to treat such creatures with the love and sympathy they deserve.

OK...if I may try to apply a touch of logic to this absurdity...

Paul would like us to "take time out from our preoccupation of being human" to notice the animals' "childlikeness"?

And what the fuck does appreciating a groundhog's life have to do with the holiday?

What the fuck is the matter with this dolt?  What the fuck is the matter with me for taking the time to type this shit out?

You still have 3 hours and 50 minutes of ANGRY to go.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »
Quote from: PiniellaTailOnTheDonkey on July 17, 2009, 12:39:14 PM

Put up your picture, Romeo, and let's see how many friends you get.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »
Line up, ladies.

Note: I do not recommend clicking that link.  Do so at your own peril.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »
Looks like these boys were having their own sploogefest: (click on the link to see photos of a couple of these wing-dings)

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20090717/NEWS01/907170315/1079

July 17, 2009

Police bust nude hot tub party, arrest men

Lee Hermiston
Iowa City Press-Citizen

Two area men were arrested Wednesday morning after police busted a naked hot tub party.

According to Iowa City police criminal complaints, officers were called to 224 S. Governor St. about 3:25 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a loud party. Police said loud voices and shouting could be heard from the 900 block of East College Street, more than a quarter-mile away.

Upon arrival, officers found numerous men and women in and out of the hot tub. They all were naked, police said. Police said one of the men, Nicholas Vincent Mineart, 21, of 224 S. Governor St. was standing on the sidewalk, was naked and was "flailing his genitalia ... and screaming," according to police. Police said Mineart smelled heavily of alcohol, had slurred speech and watery and dilated eyes. Mineart had a blood-alcohol content of .249, which is more than three times the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle in Iowa.

Police said Mineart's actions were disturbing a neighbor. Mineart also refused to give the officers any of his personal information.

Police had problems with another participant at the naked hot tub party. Police said Daniel Allen Dietzel, 22, of Solon, was asked numerous times if he lived at the residence, to which he replied, "kind of." Police said Dietzel also refused to give any personal information and provided officers with false names and dates of birth.

Dietzel was charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing officers. Mineart was charged with disorderly conduct, obstructing officers and public intoxication. Dietzel and Mineart were transported to the Johnson County Jail.

A phone number for Mineart could not be found and he could not be reached for comment.

"We shouldn't have been arrested," Dietzel said. "But that's just the way it goes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 01:27:29 PM »
When did Mark Chmura relocate to Iowa?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
I don't see where any crime was committed. Guy was just hangin' brain is all. Jeez. Friggin' Nazis.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
A great quote (that I've heard in one form or another from hundreds of convicts):

"We shouldn't have been arrested," Dietzel said. "But that's just the way it goes."
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on July 17, 2009, 01:14:50 PM
Police said one of the men, Nicholas Vincent Mineart, 21, of 224 S. Governor St. was standing on the sidewalk, was naked and was "flailing his genitalia ... and screaming," according to police. Police said Mineart smelled heavily of alcohol, had slurred speech and watery and dilated eyes. Mineart had a blood-alcohol content of .249, which is more than three times the legal limit to operate a motor vehicle in Iowa.

Since he was on the sidewalk instead of behind a steering wheel means he saved a lot of lives.

Give him a fuckin' medal, I say.
TIME TO POST!

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 17, 2009, 01:27:29 PM

Once again, I must request that someone with more intranets know-how post the Chmura hot tub picture from Despio days of yore.  Makes me laugh.  Every.  Damn.  Time.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on July 17, 2009, 01:14:50 PM
Nicholas Vincent Mineart, 21, of 224 S. Governor St. was standing on the sidewalk, was naked and was "flailing his genitalia ... and screaming," according to police.

Police said Mineart's actions were disturbing a neighbor.

You can never believe what the police tell you nowadays.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 03:28:35 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 17, 2009, 03:20:33 PM

Once again, I must request that someone with more intranets know-how post the Chmura hot tub picture from Despio days of yore.  Makes me laugh.  Every.  Damn.  Time.

This one?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 17, 2009, 03:28:35 PM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 17, 2009, 03:20:33 PM

This one?

Indolent Reader asking for someone to dig up that pic is like Desipio's Groundhog Day...

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2008, 12:40:43 PM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on November 25, 2008, 12:36:57 PM
This whole discussion has me begging that someone who knows how to use a computer post the Chmura/Hot Tub pic that was a Desipio mainstay back in aught-three or so.

Quote from: ChuckDickens on February 24, 2006, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: Indolent Reader on February 24, 2006, 12:13:40 PM
dig up the Chmura hot tub picture that was a mainstay on Desipio a few years back?  That was hi-larious.

This one?

"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 03:41:35 PM »
Yes.  I've asked for it before.  I will ask for it again.

I'm nothing if not consistent.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 17, 2009, 03:41:35 PM
Yes.  I've asked for it before.  I will ask for it again.

I'm nothing if not consistent a dirty meth head.

No hard feelings'd?