News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: What the fuck is up with.....  ( 4,980 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: What the fuck is up with.....
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
the staff ace?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »
I don't have access to B-R's gamefinder or whatever it's called, but I have a hard time imagining someone else having as epically shitty of a start as that. That was pretty godawful.

Edit: Well, found one. http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TEX/TEX199405110.shtml

This one was pretty forgettable, apparently. http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHN/CHN200908140.shtml

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »
The writing appeared on the wall in that Game 1 against the Dodgers. Glad that the spiral into shittiness has bottomed out.  That or Dempster thinks his Carlos Silva impersonation is hilarious.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
He's obviously injured. I think he's got something wrong with his back. He's trying to take one for the team and pitch through but it's not working. The way he's leaving pitches up tells me it's probably his back. Velocity is there, he's not limping. Stiff back.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 11:12:56 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 28, 2011, 09:41:31 PM
The writing appeared on the wall in that Game 1 against the Dodgers. Glad that the spiral into shittiness has bottomed out.  That or Dempster thinks his Carlos Silva impersonation is hilarious.

The writing was on the wall based upon one start 18 months ago?

The spiral into shittiness included 215 innings with a 113 ERA+?

You are not a good sports fan.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on April 29, 2011, 11:12:56 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 28, 2011, 09:41:31 PM
The writing appeared on the wall in that Game 1 against the Dodgers. Glad that the spiral into shittiness has bottomed out.  That or Dempster thinks his Carlos Silva impersonation is hilarious.

The writing was on the wall based upon one start 18 months?

The spiral into shittiness included 215 innings with a 113 ERA+?

You are not a good sports fan.

I thought he meant last Saturday's game against the Dodgers when he couldn't hold a 4-run lead. I was thinking, "That was game two. What a dumbass." This is another thing entirely. I knew that the prequels were going to suck as soon as I saw Luke get his hand cut off in Empire. That looked fake as hell.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Screw Dempster, I want to know what the fuck is up with the Wiesenthal Center feting Tom Cruise.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
...Darwin Barney. This is really bothering me. Is he good? I refuse to get sucked into this.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 01, 2011, 08:30:44 PM...Darwin Barney. This is really bothering me. Is he good? I refuse to get sucked into this.

It depends. Maybe one of our resident stat penises can answer this - how common is it for a player to outperform his minor league stats? Because I think that's what Darwin is going to have to do to be good for real instead of being good for a month.

Career minor league OBP of .334, slugging of .374. This year he's sitting at .351 and .449. I think he'd need to

- OBP at least .350
- slug over .400
- continue to play great defense
- continue to know his ass from his elbow on the basepaths

to be a legit starter long-term. We can count on 3 and 4 but not so sure about 1 and 2.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 01, 2011, 09:12:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 01, 2011, 08:30:44 PM...Darwin Barney. This is really bothering me. Is he good? I refuse to get sucked into this.

It depends. Maybe one of our resident stat penises can answer this - how common is it for a player to outperform his minor league stats?

CASEY FUCKING MCGAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHEE