News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: please fire SOMEBODY  ( 3,514 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: please fire SOMEBODY
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
Let's start another fucking thread about how awful the Cubs are. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 29, 2010, 10:49:06 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2010, 10:26:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2010, 09:48:32 AM
Hopefully take their time. While they're thinking it over they can extend Hendry for a couple more years just to make sure everything has been fully evaluated.

This is why the season is starting to get frustrating.  The losing doesn't bother me all that much, because I never expected the team to be competitive.  But it's quite obvious that there needs to be a front-office change, so what are they waiting for?  Not only is there no point in letting Hendry finish out the season, it'd probably cause damage long term.  Fire Hendry and let Wilken or that new Kaplan guy be the interim GM while Ricketts finds the next Friedman or Epstein.  That way they'd have a few months on the job to evaluate the team, rather than starting fresh in October or November.  There's absolutely no point in waiting.

As for potential replacements, I'd hope Ricketts looks at this guy or this guy.

You want the Cubs to hire Kip Fagg? You statqueers are so predictable.

QuoteKip Fagg, who most recently has worked as a national amateur crosschecker, is expected to move into the director of amateur scouting role, Josh Boyd, the manager of pro scouting, will likely move up to pro scouting director.

Instead of finding the next Friedman, why don't they just hire the first one?

Did I just get insulted?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
So they are sending Z to anger management therapy.  What a waste of time.  If they want to hire a therapist it should be for the whole team .  They should hire that actor in "The Natural" who comes in to tell the team that losing is a disease like syphilis, and then fire him
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 29, 2010, 12:43:15 PM
So they are sending Z to anger management therapy.  What a waste of time.  If they want to hire a therapist it should be for the whole team .  They should hire that actor in "The Natural" who comes in to tell the team that losing is a disease like syphilis, and then fire him

Hey that guy worked! The Knights came back to win the pennant despite losing their best player to injury the last 10 games!