News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,774 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 21, 2009, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: MAD on September 21, 2009, 07:53:27 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 21, 2009, 07:49:35 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 21, 2009, 01:10:24 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2009, 11:31:38 PM
In every damn category other than rushing yards, its damn near even.

I can't help but dwell on this.

Is it all on the O-line? Or is the Kevin Jones injury going to hurt even more than feared?

This is green font, right? Orange Jebus outplayed him all last year and he was the Bears most productive back last year. I think teams are still daring the Bears to throw on them because of the receiving corps. But that shit's gotta stop eventually.

Indeed.  Cutler's having auditions on which WR is going to step up, and Johnny Knocks seems to be answering the casting call.  I think I remember reading where Brandon Marshall was not regarded too highly before meeting Cutler and that Eddie Royal was really a nobody before last year and, if that's the case, I'm willing to buy the notion that out of this mass of mediocrity, Cutler's going to pull one or two (Bennett?) guys up a level.

As much as I hope that's true, it wouldn't shock me if these guys really are just a bunch of turds. The Bears have hit on like one receiver pick under Angelo. Berrian, who is one dimensional and gone is the guy though you could make an Olegesque spirited yet incorrect argument for Hester. Gage, Wade, Bradley... all gone and all suck. None of them ever played with the likes of Utler though. I'm looking forward sitting outside in the freezing cold and snow and ice and seeing how this shit plays out. I wouldn't know a good wideout if he caught a touchdown, ran up and jumped into my lap. (Coolest thing I saw all Sunday, Ochocinco)

Berrian is pretty servicable in Vikingland and Gage, Wade etc are all playing elsewhere as well.  Could be that the receivers that Angelo selected didn't suck, the guy Angelo selected to throw to them did.  I'm willing to wait a bit and see how this plays out.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: September 21, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 21, 2009, 01:25:54 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 21, 2009, 08:01:19 AM
Quote from: MAD on September 21, 2009, 07:53:27 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 21, 2009, 07:49:35 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 21, 2009, 01:10:24 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2009, 11:31:38 PM
In every damn category other than rushing yards, its damn near even.

I can't help but dwell on this.

Is it all on the O-line? Or is the Kevin Jones injury going to hurt even more than feared?

This is green font, right? Orange Jebus outplayed him all last year and he was the Bears most productive back last year. I think teams are still daring the Bears to throw on them because of the receiving corps. But that shit's gotta stop eventually.

Indeed.  Cutler's having auditions on which WR is going to step up, and Johnny Knocks seems to be answering the casting call.  I think I remember reading where Brandon Marshall was not regarded too highly before meeting Cutler and that Eddie Royal was really a nobody before last year and, if that's the case, I'm willing to buy the notion that out of this mass of mediocrity, Cutler's going to pull one or two (Bennett?) guys up a level.

As much as I hope that's true, it wouldn't shock me if these guys really are just a bunch of turds. The Bears have hit on like one receiver pick under Angelo. Berrian, who is one dimensional and gone is the guy though you could make an Olegesque spirited yet incorrect argument for Hester. Gage, Wade, Bradley... all gone and all suck. None of them ever played with the likes of Utler though. I'm looking forward sitting outside in the freezing cold and snow and ice and seeing how this shit plays out. I wouldn't know a good wideout if he caught a touchdown, ran up and jumped into my lap. (Coolest thing I saw all Sunday, Ochocinco)

Berrian is pretty servicable in Vikingland and Gage, Wade etc are all playing elsewhere as well.  Could be that the receivers that Angelo selected didn't suck, the guy Angelo selected to throw to them did.  I'm willing to wait a bit and see how this plays out.

Justin Gage does suck, though.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hire Jim Essian!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
The guy who would rank third on the Bears in receiving yards (and would only cost about $40 million more than the first two) is apparently not impressed by Jerry Angelo or the Bears secondary.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2009, 09:34:45 AM
The guy who would rank third on the Bears in receiving yards (and would only cost about $40 million more than the first two) is apparently not impressed by Jerry Angelo or the Bears secondary.

At least if they'd picked him up, the Bears might have someone to coach Utler on talking to the press.

QuoteIn advance of this week's game against the Bears, Housmandzadeh was asked if he had any serious talks with Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo.

"Man, the Bears ain't holler at me,'' he said.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=219448

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:56 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 25, 2009, 09:42:39 AM

At least if they'd picked him up, the Bears might have someone to coach Utler on talking to the press.

QuoteIn advance of this week's game against the Bears, Housmandzadeh was asked if he had any serious talks with Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo.

He's also bitched about his Madden rating this year and boasted that both he and Matt Hasselbeck would go to the Pro Bowl. He's an overrated, drastically overprice possession receiver who just might have benefitted from a Pro Bowl quarterback and lining up opposite of a guy who was consistently double covered. Maybe. I don't know.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2009, 10:02:56 AM

He's also bitched about his Madden rating this year and boasted that both he and Matt Hasselbeck would go to the Pro Bowl. He's an overrated, drastically overprice possession receiver who just might have benefitted from a Pro Bowl quarterback and lining up opposite of a guy who was consistently double covered. Maybe. I don't know.

Also he has a ponytail. 

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on September 25, 2009, 11:13:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2009, 10:02:56 AM

Also he has a ponytail. 

Bored at work, I looked back to this discussion between Ivy and SKO, still makes me laugh. Well done.
http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=6660.msg189067#msg189067

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
Fairly puffy but I enjoyed this just because I love Peanut.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-25-bears-tillman-chicago-sep25,0,3094224.story

Fuck yourself, Crozier.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 25, 2009, 02:00:01 PM

Fuck yourself, Huebiter!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 25, 2009, 02:06:22 PM

Fuck yourself, Huebiter!

Does this anger the ANGER?

Many apologies, Huard - I wasn't trying to numb up your arms with this post.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 25, 2009, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 25, 2009, 02:06:22 PM

Fuck yourself, Huebiter!

Does this anger the ANGER?

Many apologies, Huard - I wasn't trying to numb up your arms with this post.

Apparently Huey long ago decided that "P'nut" is the One True Spelling of the nickname Tillman's aunt gave him when he was an infant (because he resembled a legume of the same name), and in his mighty pankitude will accept no other alternatives, even if that means we confuse Tillman with the bassist from 311 or the original Midi Horn Madman.

("He's hip-hop, bro.")