News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Modern Family  ( 24,544 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Modern Family
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 10, 2009, 04:02:47 PM
I watched a couple episodes. Meh.

I caught another episode a couple weeks ago and my initial impressions stand, adding this: the gay dudes are hands down the worst thing about this show.

They are comedy AIDS.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 10, 2009, 04:21:54 PM

I caught another episode a couple weeks ago and my initial impressions stand, adding this: the gay dudes are hands down the worst thing about this show.

They are comedy AIDS.

I think they're probably the best part of the show next to Ed O'Neil.  I guess I'm just proving Thrill right again.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »

They are comedy AIDS.

The one I saw had them shopping at Costco. The power bottom hates Costco. Then, wait for it, he ends up loving Costco!

How zany.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 10, 2009, 05:29:58 PM

They are comedy AIDS.

The one I saw had them shopping at Costco. The power bottom hates Costco. Then, wait for it, he ends up loving Costco!

How zany.

That's the one I saw.  Actually I was flipping back and forth from this show and some other crap.  But I also saw ANOTHER episode.  I like Dutch and I like the two mature women.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 08:49:25 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 29, 2009, 05:12:16 AM
DPD.

This show is good.  And funny.  Thrill pulled a Weebs on this one.

THIS.

Watched a couple episodes last night (the "thread the needle with the airplane" one and the Shelly Long squares off vs. the hot muchacha one).

Thrill's defiant insolence aside, it's a funny show.  Will watch again.  If I remember to.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 11, 2009, 08:49:25 AM
DPD.

THIS.

Watched a couple episodes last night (the "thread the needle with the airplane" one and the Shelly Long squares off vs. the hot muchacha one).

Thrill's defiant insolence aside, it's a funny show.  Will watch again.  If I remember to.

You won't.  It's that forgettable.  But you won't hate yourself for missing.  It's not life-affirming or anything.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
DPD.

THIS.

Wow... Weebs, TDubbs and Huey like it?

We're just an IAN and a Yeti away from this being declared the Great American Sitcom.

[waits for high-five from Slaky]

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 11, 2009, 10:38:05 AM
DPD.

THIS.

We're just an IAN and a Yeti away from this being declared the Great American Sitcom.

I only have seen one episode; the one where the Zambrano, Jr. kid fences the little Jap kid with a terminal illness or something and the gay brother and the sister do the retarded ice skating routine in the parking lot.  Other than the chick from Ed and that extremely hot Messican broad, I was thoroughly "meh"-ed to death.

Al Bundy is a fatass.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 11, 2009, 10:48:10 AM
DPD.

THIS.

I only have seen one episode; the one where the Zambrano, Jr. kid fences the little Jap kid with a terminal illness or something and the gay brother and the sister do the retarded ice skating routine in the parking lot.  Other than the chick from Ed and that extremely hot Messican broad, I was thoroughly "meh"-ed to death.

Al Bundy is a fatass.

So what's that make the score now, Thrilldouche??
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
DPD.

THIS.

*slaps hands way up high*

BOOM!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »
This show is fine. It's obviously nowhere near as good as the Office or 30 Rock or Arrested Development, but that doesn't mean it can't be an amusing half hour of television. The voiceovers at the end with the message of the week are lame, and a couple of the episodes have been clunkers, but its usually funny and its got Ed O' Neill and Phil the Inept Dad and Sofia's wobbly mammaries.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 11, 2009, 11:11:05 AM
This show is fine. It's obviously nowhere near as good as the Office or 30 Rock or Arrested Development, but that doesn't mean it can't be an amusing half hour of television. The voiceovers at the end with the message of the week are lame, and a couple of the episodes have been clunkers, but its usually funny and its got Ed O' Neill and Phil the Inept Dad and Sofia's wobbly mammaries.

RV's right.  You won't hate yourself if you miss it and you won't hate yourself if you watch it.  It's Wings.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »
Quote from: JD on November 11, 2009, 11:26:25 AM

RV's right.  You won't hate yourself if you miss it and you won't hate yourself if you watch it.  It's Wings.

I've watched Wings and hated myself for doing so.

I'd say it's more Night Court.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 11, 2009, 11:32:35 AM

RV's right.  You won't hate yourself if you miss it and you won't hate yourself if you watch it.  It's Wings.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Wings.  Don't be so dramatic.  I will burn this messageboard down, Huey. 

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 11, 2009, 11:32:35 AM

RV's right.  You won't hate yourself if you miss it and you won't hate yourself if you watch it.  It's Wings.

Now I just want to watch some Night Court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjiWblC_iG8