News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: FlashForward  ( 8,870 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
FlashForward
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »
It's Lost, but without the island.  Watch it.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: FlashForward
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 24, 2009, 08:04:14 PM

So it's unrealistic b/c there's no island?  They should totally be on an island.  With a monster.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on September 24, 2009, 08:57:22 PM
Quote from: Weebs on September 24, 2009, 08:04:14 PM

So it's unrealistic b/c there's no island?  They should totally be on an island.  With a monster.

THE PLANET IS THE ISLAND!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:37:39 AM »
I liked the first episode.  It's a pretty neat premise for a show.  Have to see if they can keep it up.  I wouldn't insult it by comparing it to lost.

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »
I hate this show if for no other reason than because the commercials that aired during it reminded my wife that Grey's Anatomy was premiering.
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on September 25, 2009, 08:18:52 AM
I hate this show if for no other reason than because the commercials that aired during it reminded my wife that Grey's Anatomy was premiering.

I was sent to the other room to watch the Office, Community, and Sunny in Philly so I feel your pain.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on September 25, 2009, 08:18:52 AM

My wife commandeered the TV for Grey's Anatomy, so I figured I'd mess around with the computer and ignore it.  Little did I know it was two goddamn hours long.  I had to put headphones on, but some of the dialog still bled through.  That has to be one of the stupidest shows I've ever seen.  Nice choice, women of America.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
Quote from: Poon on September 25, 2009, 07:37:39 AM
I liked the first episode.  It's a pretty neat premise for a show.  Have to see if they can keep it up.  I wouldn't insult it by comparing it to lost.

Some kind of authority figure awakens to a disaster and immediately starts to help all the people around him?  Come on, they even had an advertisement for Oceanic Airlines.  Plus Charlie and Penny are both in it and, oddly enough, Seth McFarlane (completely unrelated to Lost).  I think the show is definitely going to separate itself from Lost, but it's clear they tried to grab the same audience so there's a transition at the end of the last season.

One thing I'm curious about is what they're going to do when the show reaches April 29th, which is the date where all this shit is supposed to go down.  Probably more flash forwards...or they move the island.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
DPD

I think you guys are giving BC a case for Luckiest Man Alive.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 25, 2009, 09:13:32 AM

Some kind of authority figure awakens to a disaster and immediately starts to help all the people around him?  Come on, they even had an advertisement for Oceanic Airlines.  Plus Charlie and Penny are both in it and, oddly enough, Seth McFarlane (completely unrelated to Lost).  I think the show is definitely going to separate itself from Lost, but it's clear they tried to grab the same audience so there's a transition at the end of the last season.

One thing I'm curious about is what they're going to do when the show reaches April 29th, which is the date where all this shit is supposed to go down.  Probably more flash forwards...or they move the island.

Seriously, Weebs.

You can ruin anything.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »

McFarlane was a pleasant surprise.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 25, 2009, 09:29:50 AM

Seriously, Weebs.

You can ruin anything.

But I really like this show.  The new season of The Office, on the other hand....

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »
I didn't watch this show.  Now that I have read this thread I have even less information than I had before I read it.  Remarkable.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
I was tempted to drop this show based solely on that godawful slow-mo hero shot of Joseph Fiennes running like a complete fruitpie to find his wife at the hospital. Also, some extremely clunky dialogue ("So what did YOU see in your flashforward, fellow FBI agent?"). But the premise is so great and could go in so many interesting directions that I'll stick with it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
When I saw the kangaroo hopping down the street I immediately flashed on the image of the gigantic inflated balloon bouncing after The Prisoner from the great 1960's or '70 series.  Now that I have watched the first episode I have even less information than I had before I watched it.  Remarkable.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)