News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 174,981 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 06, 2010, 11:29:24 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 06, 2010, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 06, 2010, 10:41:36 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 06, 2010, 08:41:12 AM
I went to bed as soon as the final horn sounded, but I'm reading in the bloguverse that Vinneault (sp.?) was bitching about the officiating?  Is this true?

I didn't watch the postgame either, but I can't find any pertinent quotes that made it to press. The closest I can find to a comment on the refs is: "we know what's going to be called and what's not going to be called so we have to do the same thing in their net to score some goals." Does the bloguverse have any quotes?

Either this guy had a different take of the same quote or--more likely, in retrospect--I shouldn't mistake the words of some dude who actually has liquor in his handle as representative of the Internet. 

My bad.

Also, I like what Slaky said about the hype being met by the experience.  Last year it was all about Buff's fat ass being a screen for other shooters.  And then this year he takes it a step up by actually dumping the puck in the net himself.

Also, since I heard a black dude call the SCORE this morning and ask this question, it's okay now for me to wonder if Buff is the first brother to get a hatty in a playoff game, right? 

His new nickname should be Hatty Black Beans.

Did TDubbs call in sick today?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30:57 AM »
I went to bed as soon as the final horn sounded, but I'm reading in the bloguverse that Vinneault (sp.?) was bitching about the officiating?  Is this true?

I didn't watch the postgame either, but I can't find any pertinent quotes that made it to press. The closest I can find to a comment on the refs is: "we know what's going to be called and what's not going to be called so we have to do the same thing in their net to score some goals." Does the bloguverse have any quotes?

Either this guy had a different take of the same quote or--more likely, in retrospect--I shouldn't mistake the words of some dude who actually has liquor in his handle as representative of the Internet. 

My bad.

Also, I like what Slaky said about the hype being met by the experience.  Last year it was all about Buff's fat ass being a screen for other shooters.  And then this year he takes it a step up by actually dumping the puck in the net himself.

Also, since I heard a black dude call the SCORE this morning and ask this question, it's okay now for me to wonder if Buff is the first brother to get a hatty in a playoff game, right? 

Okay, I admit it. I laughed.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
Was I hearing things or did Eddie O actually say "Garbanzo Beans" towards the end of the game?

Granted, I was falling in and out of consciousness, but I could swear he said it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: May 06, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »

Does Dirk Graham count as a brother? Are we still going by the "one-drop" rule?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
Quote from: MAD on May 06, 2010, 11:30:15 AM

My bad.

Did TDubbs call in sick today?

No, the garbanzo beans called in sick.

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: May 06, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 06, 2010, 11:38:45 AM

Does Dirk Graham count as a brother? Are we still going by the "one-drop" rule?

I have Total Stanley Cup, which lists every all-time playoff hat trick. Dirk's the only one on the list you could even make a case for.

I thought maybe Iginla, especially during that 2003-04 run, but nope.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: May 06, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 06, 2010, 11:30:57 AM

My bad.

Also, I like what Slaky said about the hype being met by the experience.  Last year it was all about Buff's fat ass being a screen for other shooters.  And then this year he takes it a step up by actually dumping the puck in the net himself.

Okay, I admit it. I laughed.

You fucking racists. You fucking racist pieces of shit. I hope you die.

Best. Meme. Ever.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #832 on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »
Toews with a hat-trick!  These guys are pretty good. 

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: May 07, 2010, 10:18:39 PM »
Luongo = Italian for sieve

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on May 07, 2010, 10:12:22 PM
Toews with a hat-trick!  These guys are pretty good. 

Intrepid Reader: Fork

First Blackhawks playoff road hat trick since 5/5/10

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:47 PM »
Throat, meet boot.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: May 07, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: May 08, 2010, 12:20:54 AM »
The Canucks, judging by postgame comments, have no idea why they keep taking stupid penalties. They claim they were prepared for this moment and yet the last two games they've completely melted down. You'd think after game 3 they'd never do that again and yet the display in the second period was mind-blowing. New levels of garbage hockey that I didn't know existed at this stage in the postseason.

After the rash of penalties, I swear you could see Q telling the team to let them self-destruct and to not respond in kind no matter what goes on. Q has out-coached AV by leaps and bounds.

AV, on other hand, better hope he has a job next year.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: May 08, 2010, 12:25:05 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 08, 2010, 12:20:54 AM
The Canucks, judging by postgame comments, have no idea why they keep taking stupid penalties. They claim they were prepared for this moment and yet the last two games they've completely melted down. You'd think after game 3 they'd never do that again and yet the display in the second period was mind-blowing. New levels of garbage hockey that I didn't know existed at this stage in the postseason.

After the rash of penalties, I swear you could see Q telling the team to let them self-destruct and to not respond in kind no matter what goes on. Q has out-coached AV by leaps and bounds.

Kudos to Dustin Byfuglien.  Nobody was on the receiving end of more cheap shots than Big Buff, and I don't care how well coached you are, it's tough to take that shit and not retaliate.  Buff took the shots, accepted the penalties, and Vancouver can make their tee times for next week.

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: May 08, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 08, 2010, 12:25:05 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 08, 2010, 12:20:54 AM

Kudos to Dustin Byfuglien.  Nobody was on the receiving end of more cheap shots than Big Buff, and I don't care how well coached you are, it's tough to take that shit and not retaliate.  Buff took the shots, accepted the penalties, and Vancouver can make their tee times for next week.

THIS. Buff's game tonight was perfect, as was the Hawks response. If the Canucks want to goon it up, shove four PP goals up their ass. O'Brien played an absolutely moronic game for Vancouver tonight. It was glorious.

Hopefully, the Hawks can keep the hammer down on the home sheet Sunday night.