News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 174,966 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #1065 on: June 01, 2010, 12:45:56 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on June 01, 2010, 12:43:15 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 01, 2010, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2010, 11:14:44 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 11:12:40 AM
Can anyone explain what happens to Eager and Pronger with ten minute misconducts coming after the game ended? They both get 10 minutes added into their PIM but does it have an effect on game three?

Technically they should each have to sit out Game 3.

However, like Malkin's Instigator in last year's Finals, which was also supposed to carry an automatic one-game suspension, it was probably overturned before either guy hit the tunnel.

That's what I assumed. The closest and most recent example was Chara's instigator and game misconduct in the waning seconds of game 5 vs. Buffalo. He wasn't suspended even though the rules specifically state any instigator in the final minutes gets an automatic one game suspension. Wasn't sure what the rules were with 10 minute misconducts but I thought there was something. There has to be a reason for them to be handed out whether it's punishment by suspension or fine.

In this case "automatic" means, most of the time during the regular season, and almost never during the playoffs.  Especially if a big name is involved.

At least in Chara's case, they overruled the instigator suspension because, on reviewing the tape they found that he wasn't actually the instigator.

But, still... That.

I understand that it's a different rule for superstars, believe me. I was just wondering what the refs were thinking when they handed those penalties out. They didn't have to. There had to be a reason.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1066 on: June 01, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »

Sometimes the voices get real loud, Tomas. So loud that I can't even think.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1067 on: June 01, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 12:45:56 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on June 01, 2010, 12:43:15 PM
Quote from: CT III on June 01, 2010, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2010, 11:14:44 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 11:12:40 AM
Can anyone explain what happens to Eager and Pronger with ten minute misconducts coming after the game ended? They both get 10 minutes added into their PIM but does it have an effect on game three?

Technically they should each have to sit out Game 3.

However, like Malkin's Instigator in last year's Finals, which was also supposed to carry an automatic one-game suspension, it was probably overturned before either guy hit the tunnel.

That's what I assumed. The closest and most recent example was Chara's instigator and game misconduct in the waning seconds of game 5 vs. Buffalo. He wasn't suspended even though the rules specifically state any instigator in the final minutes gets an automatic one game suspension. Wasn't sure what the rules were with 10 minute misconducts but I thought there was something. There has to be a reason for them to be handed out whether it's punishment by suspension or fine.

In this case "automatic" means, most of the time during the regular season, and almost never during the playoffs.  Especially if a big name is involved.

At least in Chara's case, they overruled the instigator suspension because, on reviewing the tape they found that he wasn't actually the instigator.

But, still... That.

I understand that it's a different rule for superstars, believe me. I was just wondering what the refs were thinking when they handed those penalties out. They didn't have to. There had to be a reason.

Only thing I can think of is that by giving them each one now, if they get another, they might get a sternly-worded letter from Colin Campbell.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1068 on: June 01, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=323240

QuoteAfter the game, Pronger was asked about shooting the towel at Eager.

"I don't know, did I?," answered Pronger. "Wow. You're intuitive. Good for you. Next."

Reporters then asked what took place in the verbal exchange.

"I don't speak that language, whatever he was speaking," said Pronger. "I couldn't hear him."

Where's the puck, Pronger was asked.

"It's in the garbage," Pronger replied. "Where it belongs."

He was then asked if he would sell the pucks on eBay.

"I don't know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn't it? It's too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds."

As opposed to epic burns like flipping a towel at a guy, or big picture stuff like playing "mind games" by grabbing game pucks after you lose.

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/01/10/Flyers-Notes-Pronger-Collecting-Pucks-En/landing.html?blockID=244660&feedID=704

QuoteYou're collecting pucks now?

"Why not? What's wrong? It's sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It's sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?"

I wonder if he ever got any answers to these questions.

There's nothing like acting like an entitled bush-league dick to help get your team re-focused coming off a pair of losses.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1069 on: June 01, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on June 01, 2010, 01:41:57 PM

"I don't know, did I?," answered Pronger. "Wow. You're intuitive. Good for you. Next."

"I don't speak that language, whatever he was speaking," said Pronger. "I couldn't hear him."

"I don't know. Apparently, it got him upset. So I guess it worked, didn't it? It's too bad. I guess little things amuse little minds."

As opposed to epic burns like flipping a towel at a guy, or big picture stuff like playing "mind games" by grabbing game pucks after you lose.

http://www.csnphilly.com/06/01/10/Flyers-Notes-Pronger-Collecting-Pucks-En/landing.html?blockID=244660&feedID=704

"Why not? What's wrong? It's sitting there. What else is gonna happen to it? It's sitting there. Sure, why not. You got a problem with that?"

There's nothing like acting like an entitled bush-league dick to help get your team re-focused coming off a pair of losses.

I wonder why his wife hated him so much?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1070 on: June 01, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 01, 2010, 01:50:06 PM

I'm sure the Flyers are overjoyed about the long-term deal they gave a 35-year-old asshole.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1071 on: June 01, 2010, 02:56:49 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2010, 02:01:30 PM

I'm sure the Flyers are overjoyed about the long-term deal they gave a 35-year-old asshole.

If he continues to play great hockey, I'm sure they will be.

It's like how everyone always says "you'd love to have him on your team." This is probably true. Because he's good at hockey.

But I'd still think he's a dick.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1072 on: June 01, 2010, 03:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on June 01, 2010, 02:56:49 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 01, 2010, 02:01:30 PM

If he continues to play great hockey, I'm sure they will be.

It's like how everyone always says "you'd love to have him on your team." This is probably true. Because he's good at hockey.

But I'd still think he's a dick.

I'd absolutely love to have him on my team. Anyone would. Except RedBeard.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1073 on: June 01, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »
Theoretically, you'd love to have Pronger on your team.

He'd be a bad fit for the Blackhawks, simply because he can't keep up with either Keith or Campbell.

And Seabrook's just as nasty. He's just quieter about it.
TIME TO POST!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1074 on: June 01, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
Speaking of elderly defensemen... Scum reupped with Lidstrom for one year, reportedly at around $6 million.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1075 on: June 02, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »

McCreary & O'Halloran, who did Game 1, are the refs tonight.

Expect gunplay on the ice.
TIME TO POST!

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1076 on: June 02, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
Can we talk about how an "overhead" camera that is used for official reviews would have the goal line hidden under the crossbar?  I don't buy the reviewed goal as being good, and shame on the NHL for not taking a geometry lesson.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1077 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
Quote from: Augie-O on June 02, 2010, 08:42:44 PM
Can we talk about how an "overhead" camera that is used for official reviews would have the goal line hidden under the crossbar?  I don't buy the reviewed goal as being good, and shame on the NHL for not taking a geometry lesson.

It was a good goal on every replay.  And I still probably hate the Flyers more than Blackhawks fans right now.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1078 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on June 02, 2010, 09:03:18 PM

It was a good goal on every replay.  And I still probably hate the Flyers more than Blackhawks fans right now.
What are two things that are completely unrelated, Alex?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1079 on: June 02, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on June 02, 2010, 09:03:18 PM

It was a good goal on every replay.

Or at least on one of them. Didn't look clearly over the line from the other angle.