News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 590,970 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1155 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 25, 2012, 07:47:45 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 25, 2012, 06:36:27 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 24, 2012, 10:42:50 PM
...the last two games almost made me believe again. At least I get to enjoy the Fox Sports Midwest crew going full homer meatball.

I'm not anywhere near "almost", and I don't expect to be back there any time before 2014 at the absolute earliest.  Nonetheless, I will never, ever get tired of seeing the Cubs stick it to the Tards, regardless of how irrelevant it might be to the standings.

I think blood testing in the new CBA (with blood testing) is going to give us all plenty of entertainment...and I'm sure the Angels are feeling pretty damn good about the quarter-billion dollars they have wrapped up in Albert Pujols.

I highly doubt that any testing policy agreed to by both parties will have the teeth necessary to catch many players in the act. From what I've read and understand, it's extremely difficult to prove HGH abuse from one blood test.

If I'm wrong and their new policy does drastically reduce the number of players using HGH we can look forward to more replacement level players seeing game action due to more rest of nagging injuries for players we actually care to see. Pitchers will tire and wear down faster in-season and it may not matter because they'll be facing the Joe Mather's of the world more often.

In short: Yay?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1156 on: April 25, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 25, 2012, 09:37:05 AM
...the last two games almost made me believe again. At least I get to enjoy the Fox Sports Midwest crew going full homer meatball.

I'm not anywhere near "almost", and I don't expect to be back there any time before 2014 at the absolute earliest.  Nonetheless, I will never, ever get tired of seeing the Cubs stick it to the Tards, regardless of how irrelevant it might be to the standings.

I think blood testing in the new CBA (with blood testing) is going to give us all plenty of entertainment...and I'm sure the Angels are feeling pretty damn good about the quarter-billion dollars they have wrapped up in Albert Pujols.

I highly doubt that any testing policy agreed to by both parties will have the teeth necessary to catch many players in the act. From what I've read and understand, it's extremely difficult to prove HGH abuse from one blood test.

If I'm wrong and their new policy does drastically reduce the number of players using HGH we can look forward to more replacement level players seeing game action due to more rest of nagging injuries for players we actually care to see. Pitchers will tire and wear down faster in-season and it may not matter because they'll be facing the Joe Mather's of the world more often.

How many FedEx shipping centers are located between the Big A (or whatever they call it these days) and wherever the trainer who administers the urine test lives?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1157 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 25, 2012, 09:41:58 AM

How many FedEx shipping centers are located between the Big A (or whatever they call it these days) and wherever the trainer who administers the urine test lives?

If guys are bleeding urine, then this problem is way more serious than I thought and I sincerely apologize for my laissez faire attitude about the whole thing.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1158 on: April 25, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »

So, steroids for all then?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1159 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 25, 2012, 10:00:30 AM

No, Gil.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1160 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 25, 2012, 10:39:36 AM

No, Gil.

Steroids for some, HGH for the rest?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1161 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:23 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 25, 2012, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 25, 2012, 10:39:36 AM

No, Gil.

Steroids for some, HGH for the rest?

Sure.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1162 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 25, 2012, 09:41:58 AM

Seam

http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflopflyball/info-orangecountyangels.html

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »
There's a reasonably high chance I'm going to have to eat crow and tell Apex he was right about the Spurs and I'm going to hate it.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 01, 2012, 03:07:27 PM
There's a reasonably high chance I'm going to have to eat crow and tell Apex he was right about the Spurs and I'm going to hate it.

I hope I was wrong, that means the Heat lose to the Spurs. I don't care who beats the Heat, I just want it to happen.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 01, 2012, 03:13:43 PM
Quote from: PenPho on May 01, 2012, 03:07:27 PM

I hope I was wrong, that means the Heat lose to the Spurs. I don't care who beats the Heat, I just want it to happen.

Rose, Shumpert, Rondo, Stoudamire... the universe wants LeBron to win out against his doubters. You'll be sucking on turds in purgatory when he's finished with the likes of you.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 01, 2012, 04:17:55 PM
Rose, Shumpert, Rondo, Stoudamire... the universe wants LeBron to win out against his doubters. You'll be sucking on turds in purgatory when he's finished with the likes of you.

I don't know what Damon has to do with any of this.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2012, 11:09:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 01, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 01, 2012, 04:17:55 PM

I don't know what Damon has to do with any of this.

He hasn't done shit in these playoffs.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1168 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
... I appear to have lost automatic recall of 7 times 9, as well as why I noticed the problem in the first place.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1169 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 02, 2012, 08:58:51 PM
... I appear to have lost automatic recall of 7 times 9, as well as why I noticed the problem in the first place.

To this very day, I almost always work out multiples of 9 in my head like this:

7-1 = 6
9-6 = 3

7*9 = 63
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.