News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 590,955 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2235 on: December 16, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 12:23:13 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2014, 11:52:43 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 16, 2014, 10:59:15 AM
...I kind of wish no one on the Cubs would wear 34 again after Kerry.

I know that's both stupid and meatball and I don't care.

I like when people say "I really like Kerry Wood" and the response is "he was actually not that good here are some stats."

Go fuck yourself.

He really had an interesting career, which contained 2 iconic moments-- the 20 K game in '98 and becoming the first pitcher since Orville Overall in 1908 to win the deciding game of a postseason series.

He also walked the immortal Brian Banks to lead off the 5th inning of Game 7 after his team went and got the lead for him (after he originally shit the tub in the 1st inning) which paved the way for the end.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't hang on to the particular strain of butthurt.

On balance I loved the guy.  However, people seriously getting upset that someone else wears his number?  Bitch, please.  Stop being such Cubbie fans.

I don't care that someone's wearing his number. Someone mentioned it would be kind of neat if the de facto ace always wore 34 as a tradition or something. Not that it'll happen.

Anyway I loved and still love Kerry Wood so eat shit.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2236 on: December 16, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2014, 12:25:25 PM
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2237 on: December 16, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »

I like when people say "I really like Kerry Wood" and the response is "he was actually not that good here are some stats."

Go fuck yourself.

He really had an interesting career, which contained 2 iconic moments-- the 20 K game in '98 and becoming the first pitcher since Orville Overall in 1908 to win the deciding game of a postseason series.

He also walked the immortal Brian Banks to lead off the 5th inning of Game 7 after his team went and got the lead for him (after he originally shit the tub in the 1st inning) which paved the way for the end.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't hang on to the particular strain of butthurt.

On balance I loved the guy.  However, people seriously getting upset that someone else wears his number?  Bitch, please.  Stop being such Cubbie fans.

I don't care that someone's wearing his number. Someone mentioned it would be kind of neat if the de facto ace always wore 34 as a tradition or something. Not that it'll happen.

I'd rather eat shit than wrap myself up in that idiotic idea.  
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2238 on: December 16, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 12:27:21 PM

Go fuck yourself.

You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2239 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2014, 12:33:57 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Nah, I think maybe I just have an unhealthy aversion to nostalgia.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2240 on: December 16, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2241 on: December 16, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 03:43:57 PM

Go fuck yourself.

(waits for Huey's next mention of some 80-years-ago Chicago shit)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2242 on: December 16, 2014, 05:21:31 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 16, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

Go fuck yourself.

Exactly.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2243 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »

Go fuck yourself.

He also walked the immortal Brian Banks to lead off the 5th inning of Game 7 after his team went and got the lead for him (after he originally shit the tub in the 1st inning) which paved the way for the end.  I wouldn't be me if I didn't hang on to the particular strain of butthurt.

On balance I loved the guy.  However, people seriously getting upset that someone else wears his number?  Bitch, please.  Stop being such Cubbie fans.

That's all good and well during these salad days.

But think about 10 years from now. After the prophecies of Waterworld prove true and Wrigley's under 2 feet of water and we're all floating around on sailyboatblimps and fighting off the murderous sailyboatblimp raiders. After all the baseball pitchers developed arm cancer from those cheap Chinese-grown elbow ligaments and Congress outlawed the breaking ball and then baseball altogether as a result.

You're sitting around watching the pirate broadcast of a Cubs game played in some undisclosed location deep beneath the surface. The Cubs are trotting out a cyborg cobbled together out of the reanimated carcasses of Steve Trachsel and Willie Banks and on the back of his silver spandex Cubs uniform is a 34 because that bucket of parts is the best they could manage.

All that 34 tradition nonsense is going to do is make you realize how much better your life would be if they had a legitimate ace.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2244 on: December 16, 2014, 09:25:54 PM »

Go fuck yourself.

I'm nostalgic for the '84 Cubs.  My favorite players were Leon Durham, Jody Davis, and Keith Moreland.  But I could give two shits about anyone wearing their goddamn uniform number.

Well except Durham's.  Nobody gets to wear Bull's number because it's already retired.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2245 on: December 17, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 09:25:54 PM

Go fuck yourself.

I'm nostalgic for the '84 Cubs.  My favorite players were Leon Durham, Jody Davis, and Keith Moreland.  But I could give two shits about anyone wearing their goddamn uniform number.

Well except Durham's.  Nobody gets to wear Bull's number because it's already retired.

Bull wearing 10 was fitting, since it looked like a rail next to a pile of blow.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2246 on: December 17, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »
... Judy Gross is pretty hot.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2249 on: December 18, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »
Can I continue to love Kerry Wood and still hate the dumb-as-balls "ACE WARES TURTYFOUR" idea? As someone still asshurt that they retired Greg Maddux's 31, I find that notion appalling.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.