News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,251 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2505 on: May 06, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 10:54:06 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 10:47:27 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 06, 2015, 10:20:14 AM
...I was genuinely upset after Rizzo grounded out with the bases loaded in the 8th.

Why wouldn't you have been?  

Oh right, you're a Cardinals fan.  

Probably because he was afraid any expression of actual anger over this team would have been met with a bunch of people yelling that it's just one game, Theo has a plan,  blah blah competitive window, blah blah why can't you just be happy the games actually matter for the first time in five years (but I mean they dont' matter too much yet, that is, because see the aforementioned windows and plans argument).

I was pissed on Monday and I was pissed as shit last night.

I want this team to win and they're good enough to win now, young or not.

Just because they can win for many years to come doesn't lessen the desire to want them to win now.

Or does it? I have to check Twitter to see what the groupthink machine is saying today.

Hey if I have to read your petulant spleen-venting over every little thing, then it's only fair you deal with me yelling at you for acting like a roomful of Fro Dogs.

Wait, are you talking to me or SKO?

Obvious answer is obvious.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2506 on: May 06, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
...I was genuinely upset after Rizzo grounded out with the bases loaded in the 8th.

Probably because he was afraid any expression of actual anger over this team would have been met with a bunch of people yelling that it's just one game, Theo has a plan,  blah blah competitive window, blah blah why can't you just be happy the games actually matter for the first time in five years (but I mean they dont' matter too much yet, that is, because see the aforementioned windows and plans argument).

Just because they can win for many years to come doesn't lessen the desire to want them to win now.

Or does it? I have to check Twitter to see what the groupthink machine is saying today.

Hey if I have to read your petulant spleen-venting over every little thing, then it's only fair you deal with me yelling at you for acting like a roomful of Fro Dogs.

Well you haven't yet offended my sensibilities by betraying your intellectual capacity for the payoff of an instantly gratifying bitchfest in letting the world know YOU'RE MAD AS HELL AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE, but your defense of such  behavior in this very thread moments ago has now made you suspect, commie.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2507 on: May 06, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:06:21 AM

Well you haven't yet offended my sensibilities by betraying your intellectual capacity for the payoff of an instantly gratifying bitchfest in letting the world know YOU'RE MAD AS HELL AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE, but your defense of such  behavior in this very thread moments ago has now made you suspect, commie.

Frankly I just seriously don't even know what we can and can't bitch about anymore. What is the reaction to a loss supposed to be? Just "oh well, we'll get them tomorrow?" That seems boring and not at all how a lot of people watch sports. I don't think I've yet said the sky is falling or Bryant sucks or Soler sucks or whatever. I've wanted bad bullpen pitchers shot, bad catchers cut, and a part time mediocre outfielder benched for a few days, and been shouted down for all of them because lord only knows why.

I think we've spent so much time around this place and on twitter mocking meatballs and Fros that we've lost the ability to distinguish between people who are actually screaming "DOOM" and people who are just bitching that the team is sucking in the here and now and angrily suggesting ways to fix it. There's no nuance left.

I don't know why it's controversial or panicky to say Chris Coghlan, a guy who has sucked in 5/7 of years of his career, probably sucks. I don't know why it's an issue to say David Ross presence on the roster hurts the team because he provides sub-replacement level production and he's taking a roster spot they sorely need given the injuries they've had and the need to carry 13 pitchers because they can't find one who can get a guy out. What I do know is that saying those things isn't saying "THE 2015 CUBS ARE DOOOOMED HOW MANY MORE TEARZ THEO" but it's easier to just reduce my argument to that and call me butthurt, I suppose.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2508 on: May 06, 2015, 11:17:20 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:14:20 AM

Frankly I just seriously don't even know what we can and can't bitch about anymore. What is the reaction to a loss supposed to be? Just "oh well, we'll get them tomorrow?" That seems boring and not at all how a lot of people watch sports. I don't think I've yet said the sky is falling or Bryant sucks or Soler sucks or whatever. I've wanted bad bullpen pitchers shot, bad catchers cut, and a part time mediocre outfielder benched for a few days, and been shouted down for all of them because lord only knows why.

I think we've spent so much time around this place and on twitter mocking meatballs and Fros that we've lost the ability to distinguish between people who are actually screaming "DOOM" and people who are just bitching that the team is sucking in the here and now and angrily suggesting ways to fix it. There's no nuance left.

I don't know why it's controversial or panicky to say Chris Coghlan, a guy who has sucked in 5/7 of years of his career, probably sucks. I don't know why it's an issue to say David Ross presence on the roster hurts the team because he provides sub-replacement level production and he's taking a roster spot they sorely need given the injuries they've had and the need to carry 13 pitchers because they can't find one who can get a guy out. What I do know is that saying those things isn't saying "THE 2015 CUBS ARE DOOOOMED HOW MANY MORE TEARZ THEO" but it's easier to just reduce my argument to that and call me butthurt, I suppose.

I basically agree with SKO and I'm not happy about it at all.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2509 on: May 06, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »
The Cardinals are best team I've ever seen. They're never going to lose again.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2510 on: May 06, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 11:17:20 AM

Ditto.

Do what Desipio already basically suggested I do: make fun of him anyway.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2511 on: May 06, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »

I've agreed with you on Coghlan and Ross you overly-sensitive, persecution complex-riddled asshat.

That's a little different than say, screaming about Kris Bryant taking a first pitch strike during an at-bat (an at-bat in which, I guess should point out, he eventually reached base).  I mean seriously?  Maybe pass on hitting "send" once in a while, that's all.  Sit back and see how it plays out.  It's really a beautiful game.

There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).  Even IAN's favorite terrorist tried to get him to reconsider his frothing take.  I don't need that shit--it's fucking May.  Forgive me for suggesting you chill the fuck out--though I am amused that doing so only fuels more butthurt so I'm sorry/not sorry in advance for continuing to do it as long as you're holding up your end of the bargain.

If you actually think I wasn't annoyed as fuck the last two nights at watching this shitshow you're missing the point (and wrong).  But having to scroll through this shit every time we're ebbing takes me back to the Ron Santo broadcasts.  No thanks.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2512 on: May 06, 2015, 11:30:32 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:27:49 AM

I've agreed with you on Coghlan and Ross you overly-sensitive, persecution complex-riddled asshat.

That's a little different than say, screaming about Kris Bryant taking a first pitch strike during an at-bat (an at-bat in which, I guess should point out, he eventually reached base).  I mean seriously?  Maybe pass on hitting "send" once in a while, that's all.  Sit back and see how it plays out.  It's really a beautiful game.

There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).  Even IAN's favorite terrorist tried to get him to reconsider his frothing take.  I don't need that shit--it's fucking May.  Forgive me for suggesting you chill the fuck out--though I am amused that doing so only fuels more butthurt so I'm sorry/not sorry in advance for continuing to do it as long as you're holding up your end of the bargain.

If you actually think I wasn't annoyed as fuck the last two nights you're missing the point (and wrong).  But having to scroll through this shit every time we're ebbing takes me back to the Ron Santo broadcasts.  No thanks.

Man, if you're going to complain about me tweeting "goddammit" and "fuck" during sporting events on twitter I have to ask, why follow me on twitter. I've been on there through like, five disappointing Bears seasons now. Meatball SKO takes the reins between the lines on gameday, friend.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2513 on: May 06, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »

Probably because he was afraid any expression of actual anger over this team would have been met with a bunch of people yelling that it's just one game, Theo has a plan,  blah blah competitive window, blah blah why can't you just be happy the games actually matter for the first time in five years (but I mean they dont' matter too much yet, that is, because see the aforementioned windows and plans argument).

There's only one person yelling around here.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2514 on: May 06, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 11:17:20 AM

SIGH. Me four.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2515 on: May 06, 2015, 11:34:46 AM »
There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).

That was Tommy Cook. I basically agree with what he was saying (even if he got a tad hysterical, probably because it was late at night and he's young and it was past his bedtime). Anyway, he's still one of my favorite Cub-follows.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2516 on: May 06, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

DPD, but this is well said. Related, I also think people's patience/tolerance is a little overdeveloped because of the past 4 years and that affects how they talk about every single thing. And it's annoying as hell at this point.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2517 on: May 06, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2015, 11:34:46 AM
There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).

That was Tommy Cook. I basically agree with what he was saying (even if he got a tad hysterical, probably because it was late at night and he's young and it was past his bedtime). Anyway, he's still one of my favorite Cub-follows.

Well have fun with that, then.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2518 on: May 06, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:30:32 AM

If you actually think I wasn't annoyed as fuck the last two nights you're missing the point (and wrong).  But having to scroll through this shit every time we're ebbing takes me back to the Ron Santo broadcasts.  No thanks.

Man, if you're going to complain about me tweeting "goddammit" and "fuck" during sporting events on twitter I have to ask, why follow me on twitter. I've been on there through like, five disappointing Bears seasons now. Meatball SKO takes the reins between the lines on gameday, friend.

I think he's more saying that every time anybody comes to insipio now, there are a shitload of blue buttons and it's 45 new posts from you saying the exact same thing over and over again, plus then he has to see it on twitter as well.  I think what huey's saying is sit some plays out and log off the computer and go outside or something.  Or just write what you want to write and just don't click "post" on about 5/6th of them b/c we all get it.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2519 on: May 06, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 06, 2015, 11:41:14 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:30:32 AM

I think he's more saying that every time anybody comes to insipio now, there are a shitload of blue buttons and it's 45 new posts from you saying the exact same thing over and over again, plus then he has to see it on twitter as well.  I think what huey's saying is sit some plays out and log off the computer and go outside or something.  Or just write what you want to write and just don't click "post" on about 5/6th of them b/c we all get it.

So here I sit and I agree with both SKO and TDubbs in the same day. 

What a world.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.