News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,214 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2715 on: June 02, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 02, 2015, 11:34:13 AM
...I believe that it is not permissible to begin a new thread without using the word "splooge" or some variation thereof.

That's because vague homoeroticism is usually the most effective way to express appreciation for a sports person.

INTREPID READER ELI:

So, so above it.

Desipio is very chippy todaySKO's time to post is all day b/c he has no sbox.

In reality'd
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2716 on: June 02, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 02, 2015, 11:55:12 AM
...I believe that it is not permissible to begin a new thread without using the word "splooge" or some variation thereof.

That's because vague homoeroticism is usually the most effective way to express appreciation for a sports person.

INTREPID READER ELI:

So, so above it.

Desipio is very chippy todaySKO's time to post is all day b/c he has no sbox.

In reality'd

And all of your "time to posts" are about me or at me, and it's still a little creepy, Todd.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2717 on: June 02, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

INTREPID READER ELI:

So, so above it.

Desipio is very chippy today.

Oh this me just gently ribbing you over what you yourself called the "carefully detached internet persona" you've created. We're still buds.
Point made, Eli!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2718 on: June 02, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

Vague?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2719 on: June 02, 2015, 02:02:13 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 02, 2015, 01:49:39 PM

Vague?

I did regret that word choice after I posted, since I basically meant the opposite.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2720 on: June 03, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »
... Tony Randazzo is fast becoming one of my least favourite umpires.  Blowing calls I can cope with: everybody makes mistakes.  Ejecting guys for their bullshit is also fair enough, but when the game's over you need to be able to fucking let it go.  Lloyd McClendon and Randazzo have a history but it's clear that Randazzo can't let it lie and is actively and aggressively looking for trouble when the two meet.  That's no fucking good.  As an ump, you can't do that.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2721 on: June 03, 2015, 07:14:49 AM »
I don't understand the "joke" behind Gay Hooters.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2722 on: June 05, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
I get butthurt when people shorten Beefcastle's name to "Beef".
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2723 on: June 08, 2015, 12:51:59 PM »
Even when he's pitching well I don't buy the Kyle Hendricks Professor act and I kind of want him traded.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2724 on: June 08, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »
I will be following the women's world cup intently because if you can't root with every fiber of your being against Canada what the fuck good are you?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2725 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 08, 2015, 02:17:21 PM
I will be following the women's world cup intently because if you can't root with every fiber of your being against Canada what the fuck good are you?

Got it here on DVR if you want to watch the replays.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2726 on: June 11, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »
This article brought to mind my one gripe with Pat Hughes - other than his lazy-ass abdication of his duties for one inning a game: he still cites stats like batting average, RBIs, and pitcher wins as primary measures of a player's ability. Granted this is a minor gripe because (a) not everyone has Len's ability to incorporate newer stats without boring the listener to death (b) I would imagine Pat's demographic is a bit older than Len's and even less likely to give a flying shit about OPS+ than an average slack-jawed TV viewer and (c) the onus for more enlightening analysis really shouldn't be placed on the play-by-play guy, if his analyst is worth a shit.

So TL;DR, I love Pat, and will be more than happy to tolerate this bullshit because he does an otherwise fantastic job, but you're on notice, pal.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2727 on: June 11, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 11, 2015, 12:46:23 PM
This article brought to mind my one gripe with Pat Hughes - other than his lazy-ass abdication of his duties for one inning a game: he still cites stats like batting average, RBIs, and pitcher wins as primary measures of a player's ability. Granted this is a minor gripe because (a) not everyone has Len's ability to incorporate newer stats without boring the listener to death (b) I would imagine Pat's demographic is a bit older than Len's and even less likely to give a flying shit about OPS+ than an average slack-jawed TV viewer and (c) the onus for more enlightening analysis really shouldn't be placed on the play-by-play guy, if his analyst is worth a shit.

So TL;DR, I love Pat, and will be more than happy to tolerate this bullshit because he does an otherwise fantastic job, but you're on notice, pal.

His partner is even less likely to do so, which leads me to think if Pat was paired with jim Deshaies rather than the giggling moronic mascot with whom he's actually sadly yolked, he might be more inclined to break out of that shell.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2728 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:42 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 11, 2015, 12:52:52 PM

His partner is even less likely to do so, which leads me to think if Pat was paired with jim Deshaies rather than the giggling moronic mascot with whom he's actually sadly yolked, he might be more inclined to break out of that shell.

Pat is still looking for the fax machine. What do you expect?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2729 on: June 11, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2015, 12:53:42 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 11, 2015, 12:52:52 PM

Pat is still looking for the fax machine. What do you expect?

That's an old bit.  They actually don't take faxes anymore.