News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,282 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2835 on: July 13, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2015, 09:01:36 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 13, 2015, 08:46:12 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 08:39:53 AM

I'd still take Snork back at the deadline if the price was right.

The point of this thread is to boldly come clean.  Don't be a wuss about your confession, even if it means Bort'll literally put some fire to your ass with his barn-burning torch.

If anyone should use this thread for Samardzija purposes, it should be the people who wouldn't want him back this year.

*folds arms, sit back in chair*

I've heard many people say they don't think the Sox would do it because they don't want to "help out big brother" and man, if the Sox really do turn down a better offer from the Cubs just because of stupid fan sentiment about a team that isn't even in their league, that'd be some dumb, dumb shit. I wouldn't really put it past Reinsdorf, though.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2836 on: July 13, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »

The point of this thread is to boldly come clean.  Don't be a wuss about your confession, even if it means Bort'll literally put some fire to your ass with his barn-burning torch.

If anyone should use this thread for Samardzija purposes, it should be the people who wouldn't want him back this year.

My caveat is I'd prefer not to give up a top prospect for him.  If they jumped at a collection of flotsam that included Alcantara and Vogelbach etc. then yeah do it, but if we're talking Baez or Schwarber I'd rather roll the dice with what we have.  Would Samardzija be that much of an improvement over Hammel (or any kind of improvement)?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2837 on: July 13, 2015, 09:40:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 13, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

My caveat is I'd prefer not to give up a top prospect for him.  If they jumped at a collection of flotsam that included Alcantara and Vogelbach etc. then yeah do it, but if we're talking Baez or Schwarber I'd rather roll the dice with what we have.  Would Samardzija be that much of an improvement over Hammel (or any kind of improvement)?

I don't think anyone is talking Baez or Schwarber. They wouldn't trade those guys for a rental. But they have plenty of prospect depth to trade for a Snork without having to give up a big guy (well, a really high level prospect, Vogelbach is huge and I'd gladly hand him over for Snork), especially since the Sox don't have that much leverage with him being a free agent.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2838 on: July 13, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 09:40:46 AM

I don't think anyone is talking Baez or Schwarber. They wouldn't trade those guys for a rental. But they have plenty of prospect depth to trade for a Snork without having to give up a big guy (well, a really high level prospect, Vogelbach is huge and I'd gladly hand him over for Snork), especially since the Sox don't have that much leverage with him being a free agent.

This all belongs in the "Reasonable Trade Discussion" thread.

FOR SHAME HUEY

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2839 on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

He'd be an improvement over Roach/Wada/Beeler, which is probably a better way to look at it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2840 on: July 13, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 13, 2015, 11:28:39 AM
My caveat is I'd prefer not to give up a top prospect for him.  If they jumped at a collection of flotsam that included Alcantara and Vogelbach etc. then yeah do it, but if we're talking Baez or Schwarber I'd rather roll the dice with what we have.  Would Samardzija be that much of an improvement over Hammel (or any kind of improvement)?

He'd be an improvement over Roach/Wada/Beeler, which is probably a better way to look at it.

I don't understand what Hammel has to do with it anyway. Why would his presence affect Hammel at all? Or maybe he meant Hendricks? But why his mind didn't immediately go to him upgrading the wheel of mediocrity that's been the fifth starter spot this year is beyond me. I'm hoping Huey has an entertaining meatball explanation for this that involves who he wants taking the ball in game three of an NLDS or something and why.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2841 on: July 13, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 11:30:30 AM
My caveat is I'd prefer not to give up a top prospect for him.  If they jumped at a collection of flotsam that included Alcantara and Vogelbach etc. then yeah do it, but if we're talking Baez or Schwarber I'd rather roll the dice with what we have.  Would Samardzija be that much of an improvement over Hammel (or any kind of improvement)?

I don't understand what Hammel has to do with it anyway. Why would his presence affect Hammel at all? Or maybe he meant Hendricks? But why his mind didn't immediately go to him upgrading the wheel of mediocrity that's been the fifth starter spot this year is beyond me. I'm hoping Huey has an entertaining meatball explanation for this that involves who he wants taking the ball in game three of an NLDS or something and why.

I'm thinking playoffs, where you REALLY need 3 starters, with the occasional 4th.  If we're talking about dealing a top prospect, then I'd prefer not to do for the benefit of 1, maybe 2 postseason starts--frankly I'd be willing to roll the dice on the Kyle Hendricks Experience for those 1 to 2 games.  You're certainly not going to deal a top prospect just to ensure that your 4th/5th starter can get you into the playoffs, which is where I was coming from when I brought up the Hammel comparison.

If you're putting together a flotsam package, then yeah, go for it.  But I'd rather not see them make that kind of a move for Snork if it meant dealing a blue chipper.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2842 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 13, 2015, 11:44:44 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 13, 2015, 11:30:30 AM

I'm thinking playoffs, where you REALLY need 3 starters, with the occasional 4th.  If we're talking about dealing a top prospect, then I'd prefer not to do for the benefit of 1, maybe 2 postseason starts--frankly I'd be willing to roll the dice on the Kyle Hendricks Experience for those 1 to 2 games.  You're certainly not going to deal a top prospect just to ensure that your 4th/5th starter can get you into the playoffs, which is where I was coming from when I brought up the Hammel comparison.

If you're putting together a flotsam package, then yeah, go for it.  But I'd rather not see them make that kind of a move for Snork if it meant dealing a blue chipper.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2843 on: July 13, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »

I admit it it: for a few glorious moments, I thought about what variety of kindling I would use to ignite you.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2844 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 13, 2015, 05:41:43 PM

I admit it it: for a few glorious moments, I thought about what variety of kindling I would use to ignite you.

Well?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2845 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:13 PM »
Castro was just a stand in for my "Cub I most wanted off the team" because I didn't have one.

Not anymore.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2846 on: July 13, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 13, 2015, 08:07:13 PM
Castro was just a stand in for my "Cub I most wanted off the team" because I didn't have one.

Not anymore.

Who?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2847 on: July 13, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 13, 2015, 09:26:50 PM

Not anymore.

Who?

What have you done.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2848 on: July 14, 2015, 03:53:44 AM »

Not anymore.

It's not much of an admission if everyone already knows it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2849 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 14, 2015, 03:53:44 AM

Not anymore.

It's not much of an admission if everyone already knows it.

I'll take it.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.