News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread  ( 72,318 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 27, 2010, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 27, 2010, 07:34:09 AM
65-61

MODS!

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7094.0

I thought about posting it there, too. Believe me, you have no idea how long I stewed in my own anguish over how to report this meaningless final score.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:21 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 27, 2010, 09:12:29 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 27, 2010, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 27, 2010, 07:34:09 AM
65-61

MODS!

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=7094.0

I thought about posting it there, too. Believe me, you have no idea how long I stewed in my own anguish over how to report this meaningless final score.

54 hours?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on February 02, 2010, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 02, 2010, 08:25:57 AM
A big 'un tonight in Madison, octaroons.

http://www.point-spreads.com/college-basketball/020210-michigan-state-vs-wisconsin-college-basketball-picks-february-2nd-2010.html

A big 'un.

Izzo and crew throttled in Madison once again. Good times.

And Lucas sprains the living Christ out of his ankle. I know that hurt and I hope it lingers.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 03, 2010, 07:52:36 AM
Quote from: Shooter on February 02, 2010, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 02, 2010, 08:25:57 AM
A big 'un tonight in Madison, octaroons.

http://www.point-spreads.com/college-basketball/020210-michigan-state-vs-wisconsin-college-basketball-picks-february-2nd-2010.html

A big 'un.

Izzo and crew throttled in Madison once again. Good times.

And Lucas sprains the living Christ out of his ankle. I know that hurt and I hope it lingers.

Through Saturday Night at least...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2010, 08:37:10 AM »
Game effort by the Hoosiers last night. Their improvement over last season is remarkable if you think about it. I'd say they're a player or two away from competing for a title in the Horizon League, though Butler would probably love to have them there to boost their own RPI and all that rot. If they did make the switch they probably wouldn't lead that conference in flailing, out-of-control layups that miss everything. But alas...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 05, 2010, 08:37:10 AM
Game effort by the Hoosiers last night. Their improvement over last season is remarkable if you think about it. I'd say they're a player or two away from competing for a title in the Horizon League, though Butler would probably love to have them there to boost their own RPI and all that rot. If they did make the switch they probably wouldn't lead that conference in flailing, out-of-control layups that miss everything. But alas...

Sweet two point win.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 05, 2010, 09:20:04 AM

Sweet two point win.

78-75, Chief.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 05, 2010, 10:47:44 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on February 05, 2010, 09:20:04 AM

Sweet two point win.

78-75, Chief.

CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
[BC] Though nobody asked me again and nobody continues to give a shit, I've decided to rank your 2009-10 Big Ten Hoop Squads at the slightly-past-halfway stick. Go me.

1. Michigan State (19-4, 9-1)
It's halftime of the Illinois/MSU game and the Spartans trail the Illini by a point. The Kalen Lucas ankle injury will act as an equalizer in the standings. If Purdue can win on the weakened Spartans' home court on Tuesday, we could see four teams within a game of first place. Of those teams, assuming a healthy Lucas in a week or so, the Spartans are the deepest, biggest, most accomplished and experienced. They are the favorite to win the regular season title and make a deep run in March.

2. Ohio State (17-6, 7-3)
I told some of you in November that this team scares the living shit out of me. Then Evan Turner, hands-down the best player in the conference broke a bone in his back and they became just like everybody else for awhile. Well, Turner's back now and he single-handedly brought the Buckeyes back from a double digit deficit late in the second half at Mackey Arena. I wasn't shocked or surprised by what happened because I knew what these bastards are capable of when they have all their people together. I'm still scared of this team and absolutely hate the idea of Purdue playing them twice more this year. They could fucking ruin everything for me. GOD DAMN THEM

3. Purdue (19-3, 7-3)
The Boilers have won five straight since their three-game losing skid in mid-January. Lewis Jackson is back a month early from his broken foot and is playing his way into shape right now. Purdue's signature win this season was a 77-62 dismantling of No. 6 West Virginia way back on New Year's Day. It seems like it was six months ago. This team has shown the ability to grind out wins both home and away and nobody has been able to get separation from them in any game this year. Their three losses were by seven, four and eight points. They will battle any team in the country from bell-to-bell on any floor in the country. Is it enough? I know I'm not satisfied with it. It's time that the Jackson-lead offense catches up to the stifling defense and the Boilers start blowing the God damn doors off of some teams. That's the ceiling. I want to see them touch it.

4. Wisconsin (18-5, 8-3)
Tough team, still nearly impossible to beat at home but the Badgers are just not the same away from the Kohl Center. Bo Ryan's gang is 4-5 on opposing and neutral courts this year but only has to visit Minnesota, Illinois and Indiana. They should win at least two of those and win out at home to finish in the top three in the league. But watch them get bounced early at Conseco and from the big dance. I'm serious. Watch.

5. Illinois (15-8, 7-3)
The Illini and the Lucasless Spartans are tied at 45 in the second half as I type. If they win and get to 8-3 it would really help me out. Go Illini. Yay. After this game they'll go to Wisconsin (L), host Ohio State (L) and visit Purdue (L) and Michigan (?). Peace.

6. Minnesota (13-8, 4-5)
Meh.

7. Northwestern (15-7, 4-6)
I was in attendance at their butthole of an arena when they won a conference home game. Afterward, the students bumrushed the court and celebrated like they'd just won a championship or something. I've never understood the concept of flooding the court after wins over conference opponents, no matter how high they're ranked - in January. If you do it to lock up a share of the title or maybe a sure trip to the dance, go for it. Handle your bidness, brah. But fuck. That place smells of pure dogshit. I pray that I get to see a rematch of Purdue/NU at Conseco this year. As soon as the brackets come out I'm going to look for a chance and order tickets accordingly. I want this so badly it hurts my taint. Afterward, I'll say nothing to anyone. I'll just go home and rub aloe into my taint. Please, God. Let it be so.

8. Iowa (8-15, 2-8)
Sucks.

9. Indiana (9-12, 3-6)
It's kind of cute how happy they were to only lose by three on their home court to their arch rival the other night. It used to be that they wanted to fire a coach if he failed to make the Final Four and didn't throw chairs and flower pots at old women and slap students around. Now, I think they're just happy to have a warm building to sit and yell things at people. Have you heard about their recruiting class? It's supposed to be amazing. Like Notre Dame football amazing. I think these people have PTSD after getting slapped around by Knight for 29 years. I'm telling you they're not all there.

10. Michigan (11-11, 4-6)
Holy shit are they bad.

11. Penn State (8-14, 0-10)
Yeah.  [/BC]

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
BC is rubbing warm aloe on his rubber girlfriend as we speak.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »
Way to rush the court you fucking nerds. Illinois has cemented itself as irrelevant. We used to be cool, too. I swear it. I was there once.

Fuck.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2010, 11:20:24 PM »
Still alive for a spot in the NCAA Tournament. YEAH!?!?!?!?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 06, 2010, 10:08:14 PM
Way to rush the court you fucking nerds. Illinois has cemented itself as irrelevant. We used to be cool, too. I swear it. I was there once.

Fuck.

Many of those dicklamps will graduate, get jobs in/near Chicago, move to Wrigleyville, and run down Clark Street when the Cubs win a short bus NL Central with 86 wins some day, amiright?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)