News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,808 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #510 on: May 24, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 24, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 24, 2010, 02:16:03 PM
I actually think it's more interesting if they didn't have a plan and still managed to fit 80% of the pieces in place in an entertaining way.

Do you find sausages taste different if you know how they are made?

A very meh ending.  If it's all about the character, I'd hate to see these guys do a remake of "The Fugitive."

Dr. Kimble doesn't catch the One Armed Man, but the Doc and Dept. Gerard have a nice hug and shed a tear.

Jimmy Kimmel had the best answer: It was all in Jack's mind and he died in the plane crash.  It was all Purgatory.  Makes all the incontinuities explainable by "They were all already dead."

And Kerm thought MY analogy was bad.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #511 on: May 24, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 24, 2010, 02:25:25 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 24, 2010, 02:16:03 PM
I actually think it's more interesting if they didn't have a plan and still managed to fit 80% of the pieces in place in an entertaining way.

Do you find sausages taste different if you know how they are made?

A very meh ending.  If it's all about the character, I'd hate to see these guys do a remake of "The Fugitive."

Dr. Kimble doesn't catch the One Armed Man, but the Doc and Dept. Gerard have a nice hug and shed a tear.

Jimmy Kimmel had the best answer: It was all in Jack's mind and he died in the plane crash.  It was all Purgatory.  Makes all the incontinuities explainable by "They were all already dead."

And Kerm thought MY analogy was bad.

This analogy is so bad Chuck had to try it out in the shoutbox first.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #512 on: May 24, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 24, 2010, 01:33:16 PMThe more I think about it, though, (and it has provoked a lot of questions) the more satisfying I find the finale to have been. But that instinct to expect a crazy, gob-smacking twist ANY MINUTE NOW that Lost has conditioned me to have was hard to shake in the moment.

So, anyways: as it turns out, the sideways world wasn't the magic key to everything. What it was, though, was a narrative coda, a postscript to the island story.

It was a means of bringing the stories of these characters' lives to a close for us, a storytelling device akin to the flashbacks and flashforwards of past seasons, but this time with an eye towards resolution.

So very much of THIS.  I think they definitely did lead us along a bit too much into believing the events in this alternate world did actually have some consequence, and it's a little confusing that while, as Christian said, "There is no 'now' in this place," they all were experiencing this existence simultaneously, despite dying at different times.  But I think it was an unbelievable sendoff for all of these characters, and it didn't end on the unbelievably miserable tone that it could have if we only saw the events on the island, where nearly everybody was dead.

It seems that the main theories for the alt-world all revolved around it being another timeline for the same characters, and they were either going to do something in that world to help their other halves in the real world, or that whatever they did in the real world was going to lead to them leading their alternate lives.  I think both of those would have been a huge letdown for the show, because then we would either realize that they're all completely different people than we've known over the years, or their very existence would have been nothing more than a plot device to "fix" something on the island.  What we got was another world that further developed the same group of characters we've been following all this time, and let them finally get a peaceful end after suffering through so much on the island and in their lives before it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: May 24, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 24, 2010, 02:23:21 PM

Great... Now Chuck's bitching about a show that doesn't even exist any longer.

Mykelti Williamson'd

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 24, 2010, 03:03:21 PM

Mykelti Williamson'd

Oh, I see. You're bitching about an actual short-lived show that has no relation whatsoever to the target of your complaints. Forget I said anything.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: May 24, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 24, 2010, 12:24:36 PM
Where is MY alt-timeline where I accept that Lost is over, huh?  HUH?

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: May 24, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 24, 2010, 03:28:17 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 24, 2010, 03:03:21 PM

Mykelti Williamson'd

Oh, I see. You're bitching about an actual short-lived show that has no relation whatsoever to the target of your complaints. Forget I said anything.

Already done.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: May 24, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »
I just realized the church in the finale is the same one where Jack, Ben, Sun and Desmond went to see Eloise to find out how to get back to the island.  I wonder if they'll explain the connection in season 7!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: May 25, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »
Finally watched it - thought it was great. I got a Vanilla Sky vibe from it. It's by no means the same but the flash-sideways just reminded me of Life Extension.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »
I thought when Jack reappeared at the end by the stream like how evil Locke was created, that it was gonna be the start of a new cycle. Evil Jack Vs. Good Hurley. But Jack wasn't evil.....so yeah that theory didn't last long.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: May 25, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 25, 2010, 12:27:22 AM
Finally watched it - thought it was great. I got a Vanilla Sky vibe from it. It's by no means the same but the flash-sideways just reminded me of Life Extension.

Uh... it's like... did anyone see the movie "Vanilla Sky"?

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Yes. I mean—um, I mean, no.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #521 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 25, 2010, 08:42:00 AM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Saw it.

It sucked.
Hard.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #522 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 25, 2010, 11:17:24 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 25, 2010, 08:42:00 AM

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

Saw it.

It sucked.
Hard.

Even    Penélope Cruz's hogans didn't help.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #523 on: May 25, 2010, 04:49:55 PM »
I thought 2:25 of the finale were pretty awesome, and I was totally underwhelmed by the last five minutes, but I think all in all, this show had a pretty fucking amazing six season run.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #524 on: May 25, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
I really liked it a lot.  I got genuinely choked up at like 4 different parts.  Best network show ever.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.