News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,802 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 11:52:11 PM
Read something interesting: mother of Jack's child could be the woman he saved with spinal surgery, the Italian broad. Remember her?

He operated on the husband father, n'est-ce pas?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 27, 2010, 12:06:02 AM
Read something interesting: mother of Jack's child could be the woman he saved with spinal surgery, the Italian broad. Remember her?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2010, 01:00:12 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 27, 2010, 12:32:40 AM

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »

I'll shut up now.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »
Just wait.  It's probably going to be pretty awesome tonight.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:34 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 02, 2010, 12:15:06 PM
Just wait.

I can't.

On account of how awesome it's gonna be.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 12:39:34 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 02, 2010, 12:15:06 PM
Just wait.

I can't.

On account of how awesome it's gonna be.

I DON'T WANNA WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 24, 2010, 12:41:54 AM
Quote from: R-V on February 23, 2010, 09:33:33 PM
So is anyone else squarely on the side of the Man in Black in this upcoming rumble? The recurring theme throughout all these flashsideways is that all these people would be just fine if not for Jacob and his sneaky meddling.

I'm not so sure.

On the one hand, I've been prepared for a "the evil guy is good" twist for a while now.

Even if EvilLocke is a Satan type, there's plenty of room to look at him the other way around as a hero to man. Like Prometheus, who stole the fire from the Gods for man, Satan in the Garden of Eden can be viewed as a liberating figure, opening men's eyes to their free will through the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

On the other hand, I suspect the shiny-happy alternate timeline stuff is all a big feint.

Yeah, life seems better in the alt timeline, but it seems way too easy to last. Either all the shiny-happy stuff will at some point all go to shit or—and this is sort of my current hunch (based on nothing at all)—something will happen, or something will come to light, that will compel the Losties to somehow "sacrifice" that comfort in order to rectify the timeline split. For the good of the island/world/universe/whatever.

On the other hand, another thought has occurred to me when thinking about the alternate timeline stuff we'll be seeing going forward (looks like Sayid and Nadia tonight)...

It hasn't yet been shown that the bomb blast is actually what led to the alternate timeline. In fact, it seems like there are already a few differences that are kind of tricky to account for by a 1977 timeline fork (e.g., Alternate Ben, given that young Ben was already on the island and tight with the Others by that point).

So, I think (for starters) that it's entirely possible that the alternate timeline is not Jughead's doing. At least not directly.

What caused it, then?

Go back to Jacob and EvilLocke's discussion as they watched the Black Rock approach...

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Incident,_Parts_1_&_2_transcript

QuoteMAN IN BLACK: ...They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.

JACOB: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

The thought that occurs to me is this: What if the current island timeline (the "normal" timeline) ultimately leads to this "end" Jacob is talking about (whatever that might be)?

And what if this (for some reason) means history itself is "reset" and starts again, this time without the island and its mojo (the island and Jacob no longer being needed, because... uh, whatever it is that "progress" was being made on... has finally been "accomplished")?

The Bacon Loop loops over again (which would be what we're seeing in the flash-sideways), the world somehow the better for it this time around.

What about that?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
I don't even watch this show, but the topics discussed in this thread are fascinating, I tells ya.

I know I've asked this question before, but is this show any good or are all of you watching just to get to the end of it, ala the Elaine Benes Theory of Bad Sub Sandwiches?

Because if it's the former, I might have to que up the first season on Netflix.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:39 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 02, 2010, 07:29:33 PM
I don't even watch this show, but the topics discussed in this thread are fascinating, I tells ya.

I know I've asked this question before, but is this show any good or are all of you watching just to get to the end of it, ala the Elaine Benes Theory of Bad Sub Sandwiches?

Que it up. It's amazing.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2010, 07:39:43 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 02, 2010, 07:29:33 PM

I enjoy the piss out of it. All 5 seasons are on instant queue with Netflix so you can watch on your PS3

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Fucking. Bad. Ass.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 09:02:47 PM
Fucking. Bad. Ass.

The only way Sayid could've been a badder dude in that episode would've been if he'd broken Keamy's neck with a leg lock.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 02, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 09:02:47 PM
Fucking. Bad. Ass.

The only way Sayid could've been a badder dude in that episode would've been if he'd broken Keamy's neck with a leg lock.

Then his crotch would've been all up in the dude's face.  Nuh uh, guy.  No way.  It was just right.

Claire's creepy now. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
Thoughts...

1) In Dogen's conversation with Sayid, he suggested the deals Jacob and EvilLocke offered each of them, respectively, were "similar." They weren't really the same, though. EvilLocke tempted Sayid to his side by telling he could have the thing he most wants. Jacob's deal with Dogen was very different: yes, his son would live (Dogen's sin forgiven?), but Dogen would never be able to see him again. It's selfish love on the one hand versus a selfless sacrifice on the other.

2) Maybe the mirror opposite of his on-island choice, alt timeline Sayid pushing Nadia to Omar because he 'doesn't deserve her' himself would seem to fall on the selfless side.

3) Has Omar ever killed his own chicken in his entire life?

4) EvilLocke telling GrossClaire that he 'always does what he says' (or whatever) sure as hell sounds like the devil talking to someone who failed to read the fine print.

5) Why doesn't Kate just tell GrossClaire that Aaron is with Claire's mom? WHY?

6) There seemed to be explicit confirmation tonight that not being able to kill Jacob was the main thing preventing EvilLocke from "going home." Could it have been Jacob's job to simply keep EvilLocke "trapped" there?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20&version=NIV

Quote1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

7) What a badass fucking episode. The return of Badass Sayid x 2. Keamy. Badass Korean gangster Jin (guess he had that cash confiscated at customs after all). 2 random seconds worth of Jack.

8) Badass.