News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,802 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 06, 2010, 03:22:28 PM
One of the questions that really needs to be answered is how one secondary character got to the island for a few minutes of screen time in a single episode?

And Dharma? Who gives a shit about Dharma at this point?

I hope you're happy, Pen.

Yeah.  Understanding how a character that was responsible for one of the great moments in the series (Sawyer's revenge killing of him) got to be there doesn't matter at all.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »
I wish TDubbs were here to let me know how awesome tonight's gonna be.

(I just hit "info" on tonight's episode on Comcast's schedule, and it looks like at the very least Kerm should be pleased.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 09, 2010, 06:53:21 PM

(I just hit "info" on tonight's episode on Comcast's schedule, and it looks like at the very least Kerm should be pleased.)

Shouldn't it suit Morph more?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2010, 07:01:20 PM

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

And, actually, it looks like a couple people we all miss are coming back tonight.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 09, 2010, 07:31:33 PM

And, actually, it looks like a couple people we all miss are coming back tonight.

You miss Arzt as much as I do? Hooray!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
Tank, I thought I heard something significant happens with Ben (morph reference), but if I heard wrong then my apologies.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
Alex or Power, Ben... What's it gonna be?

(This show is brilliant.)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2010, 08:25:07 PM
Tank, I thought I heard something significant happens with Ben (morph reference), but if I heard wrong then my apologies.

Now I see... Who's Ben, indeed.

Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 07:45:32 PM

We all do, Slak. We all do.

Anyone else laugh out loud when the periscope popped out of the water?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 09, 2010, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2010, 08:25:07 PM

Now I see... Who's Ben, indeed.

Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 07:45:32 PM

We all do, Slak. We all do.

Anyone else laugh out loud when the periscope popped out of the water?

I laughed more when Ilana wobbled to a stop after Ben pulled the gun on her.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
Welcome back Mr Widmore

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2010, 07:45:10 AM »
I'm liking this new I-don't-give-a-fuck-let's-sit-here-with-some-lit-dynamite-and-have-a-chat version of Jack. After Uncle Rico's confirmation that Ben *was* on the island, I'm even more curious as to when and how it sank.

So: Richard was given a "gift" by Jacob that prevents him from killing himself.

I'm assuming this is why Michael was unable to off himself after he left the island.

But when Michael finally was allowed to die, Christian showed up and said "you can go now." Which would imply that Christian was speaking on Jacob's behalf/was Jacob - but from what I can tell so far, Christian has been associated with Smokey (appearing to Locke in the cabin and the donkey wheel chamber to nudge along Locke's return as a corpse to the island).

Am I missing something?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 10, 2010, 07:45:10 AM
I'm liking this new I-don't-give-a-fuck-let's-sit-here-with-some-lit-dynamite-and-have-a-chat version of Jack. After Uncle Rico's confirmation that Ben *was* on the island, I'm even more curious as to when and how it sank.

So: Richard was given a "gift" by Jacob that prevents him from killing himself.

I'm assuming this is why Michael was unable to off himself after he left the island.

But when Michael finally was allowed to die, Christian showed up and said "you can go now." Which would imply that Christian was speaking on Jacob's behalf/was Jacob - but from what I can tell so far, Christian has been associated with Smokey (appearing to Locke in the cabin and the donkey wheel chamber to nudge along Locke's return as a corpse to the island).

Am I missing something?

Probably.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:01 AM »
Of course I love Alex, and I loved the redemption of Ben Linus, but did anyone else think they used some terribly canned plot devices to get to it?  I was so fucking annoyed with Walter Peck's threat to keep Alex out of Yale.  Why couldn't Ben have just said, "Yeah, not only was he fucking the school nurse, but he also threatened to ruin this girl's life when I told him I knew about it"?  Would Yale have really put a lot of stock in his letter of non-recommendation after that?  Peck was the ONLY way she was going to get into Yale?  It felt feeble and weak.  Also, I taught biology, and I have no clue how to hack into an e-mail account.  In fact I don't think any area of "science" would help with that.  Also, am I mistaken or did Mario Van Peebles direct that episode?  I was expecting a giant slug to pop up and attack a bunch of space marines.

Did I just pull a Weebs?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 11, 2010, 11:31:01 AM
Of course I love Alex, and I loved the redemption of Ben Linus, but did anyone else think they used some terribly canned plot devices to get to it?  I was so fucking annoyed with Walter Peck's threat to keep Alex out of Yale.  Why couldn't Ben have just said, "Yeah, not only was he fucking the school nurse, but he also threatened to ruin this girl's life when I told him I knew about it"?  Would Yale have really put a lot of stock in his letter of non-recommendation after that?  Peck was the ONLY way she was going to get into Yale?  It felt feeble and weak.  Also, I taught biology, and I have no clue how to hack into an e-mail account.  In fact I don't think any area of "science" would help with that.  Also, am I mistaken or did Mario Van Peebles direct that episode?  I was expecting a giant slug to pop up and attack a bunch of space marines.

Did I just pull a Weebs?

Yeah, the SidewaysBen story was pretty weak, especially when it came to the dialogue. Some of the lines were WAY too on-the-nose.

Quote from: Exploding ArztYou know, you really had me fooled with that sweater vest. Linus you're a real killer!

Quote from: Uncle RicoNo, I'm serious, Ben! Who knows what you would have become?

The biggest plot hole was that a man with no dick was boinking the school nurse.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
Am rewatching last week's episode and just noticed that it was directed by Mario Van Peebles.