News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,802 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2010, 12:45:09 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 23, 2010, 12:21:59 PM
I haven't said it in awhile b/c I haven't really believed it, but tonight is definitely going to be awesome.

RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 23, 2010, 12:45:09 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 23, 2010, 12:21:59 PM
I haven't said it in awhile b/c I haven't really believed it, but tonight is definitely going to be awesome.

RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!

I accidentally read a small spoiler about tonight's episode a while back. I think we're definitely gonna find out how Alpert got to the island.

Hopefully this will involve flashbacks instead of (or in addition to) flash-sidewayses. And, if so, hopefully that gives us some more face time with a real live Jacob again. Should be pretty awesome, regardless.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »
Tonight's pre-air episode description says "Richard Alpert faces a difficult choice."

Not surprisingly given this season's themes, I seem to recall similar descriptions have come up in previous episodes... "Sayid faces a difficult decision", "Ben makes a difficult choice", maybe another.

Incidentally, according to Lostpedia, tonight's episode "is scheduled to air for 1 hour, 6 minutes instead of the customary 1 hour, 2 minutes."

That means 4 extra minutes of awesome.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 23, 2010, 07:21:54 PM
Tonight's pre-air episode description says "Richard Alpert faces a difficult choice."

Not surprisingly given this season's themes, I seem to recall similar descriptions have come up in previous episodes... "Sayid faces a difficult decision", "Ben makes a difficult choice", maybe another.

Incidentally, according to Lostpedia, tonight's episode "is scheduled to air for 1 hour, 6 minutes instead of the customary 1 hour, 2 minutes."

That means 4 extra minutes of awesome.

Where does this air on Canadian television? "Ab Aeterno" was available from the usual suspects at quarter past seven (CDT), at the latest.

[Should've known. Must have been the 7 p.m. ADT Halifax broadcast.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 16, 2010, 08:48:50 PM
Yea, Thrill, this has nothing to do with God

What's up now, bitches?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2010, 03:05:01 AM »
Well, that was a regular barn-burner. I can totally imagine shirtless TDubbs in that suede prison-ship suspenders outfit.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »
Right now, I will admit I'm sort of let down by the transparency of last night's episode. It just seemed so easy after all that's happened. I'm fairly sure that the writers aren't going to be as see-through all the way to the end but I don't know. Interested to hear what everyone else thought.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 09:51:34 AM
Right now, I will admit I'm sort of let down by the transparency of last night's episode. It just seemed so easy after all that's happened. I'm fairly sure that the writers aren't going to be as see-through all the way to the end but I don't know. Interested to hear what everyone else thought.

It was OK.  A whole emotional backstory for Alpert that seemed very close to Desmond/Penny and it seemed unnecessary for what is effectively a minor character.

But we now seem to have a story where the Island is some sort of Pandora's Box and the Man in Black is trying to escape.  How and why that makes the Island shift in time, why babies can't be born there, and why various people want to control it (what's the benefit) will come out.  Only 7 episodes left!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 10:14:52 AM

It was OK.  A whole emotional backstory for Alpert that seemed very close to Desmond/Penny and it seemed unnecessary for what is effectively a minor character.

But we now seem to have a story where the Island is some sort of Pandora's Box and the Man in Black is trying to escape.  How and why that makes the Island shift in time, why babies can't be born there, and why various people want to control it (what's the benefit) will come out.  Only 7 episodes left!

The Jacob v. Esau thing has overshadowed what seemed like a Ben v. Widmore thing earlier. Widmore is still around obviously plotting and planning but Ben doesn't have the same power he had before he killed Locke.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 10:25:16 AM
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

He is a really good actor.  I didn't think they needed to have him chained up in that ship for 35 minutes of the whole episode, though.  Seemed really drawn out and boring.  We get it, he's stuck there.
I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey? 
It was cool to see how Jacob got ahold of that knife.  Does it have special killing powers?  Did Sayid stabbing Flocke have any effect at all?  Hearing the Hanso name come up again was a trip back in time. 
Was smokey smashing the wine bottle symbolism?  I think so. 

I disagree with Chuck thinking that Alpert isn't an important character, though.  Mainly b/c Chuck is a fucking idiot.  And I didn't cry.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 10:23:00 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 10:14:52 AM

The Jacob v. Esau thing has overshadowed what seemed like a Ben v. Widmore thing earlier. Widmore is still around obviously plotting and planning but Ben doesn't have the same power he had before he killed Locke.

I like the fall from power that Ben had. He was always one step ahead of everybody and had the upper hand in just about every situation and then just like that we find out he was just a pawn.

I liked last nights episode. It started to answer some big questions which was good.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2010, 10:55:06 AM »
I thought it was an awesome episode.  Hearing Jacob explain how he brings people to the island to give them another chance to turn their lives around almost seems to confirm the flash-sideways are showing what happens to everyone after they leave whatever reality they exist in on the island, with Jacob no longer needing to influence their lives because they chose how they wanted to live.  I'm also starting to think that maybe in the flash-sideways world, the result of Jacob "converting" the Dharma folk led them to sink the island themselves because they knew its power could be too dangerous.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM
I disagree with Chuck thinking that Alpert isn't an important character, though.  Mainly b/c Chuck is a fucking idiot.  And I didn't cry.

Is that what I think?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM

Is that what I think?

QuoteIt was OK.  A whole emotional backstory for Alpert that seemed very close to Desmond/Penny and it seemed unnecessary for what is effectively a minor character.

Yes.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.