News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,802 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM
Was smokey smashing the wine bottle symbolism?  I think so. 

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 11:02:18 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 10:57:27 AM
I disagree with Chuck thinking that Alpert isn't an important character, though.  Mainly b/c Chuck is a fucking idiot.  And I didn't cry.

Is that what I think?

QuoteIt was OK.  A whole emotional backstory for Alpert that seemed very close to Desmond/Penny and it seemed unnecessary for what is effectively a minor character.

Yes.

So, minor = unimportant?  Wow.  The shit you learn...

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 11:18:27 AM
I disagree with Chuck thinking that Alpert isn't an important character, though.  Mainly b/c Chuck is a fucking idiot.  And I didn't cry.

Is that what I think?

QuoteIt was OK.  A whole emotional backstory for Alpert that seemed very close to Desmond/Penny and it seemed unnecessary for what is effectively a minor character.

Yes.

I think in the way you used "minor," that's exactly what it means.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
Anyone who thought that episode sucked or was just "OK" can lick a taint.

I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey?

That was Smokey. Just like when Alex appeared to Ben last season.

Was smokey smashing the wine bottle symbolism? I think so.

Considering Jacob explained the symbolism of it explicitly just minutes earlier, I don't think it could have been any more clear.

Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 10:25:16 AM
If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

That.

Chuck thought it was superfluous after the Desmond-Penny story. But that's only because Chuck is Desipio's greatest monster.

Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 09:51:34 AM
Right now, I will admit I'm sort of let down by the transparency of last night's episode. It just seemed so easy after all that's happened. I'm fairly sure that the writers aren't going to be as see-through all the way to the end but I don't know. Interested to hear what everyone else thought.

I will say that I was surprised at how much they laid out last night, considering that we're just over halfway through the season. We're all so used to them dragging us along for so long that it's a bit of a shock when they come right out and say shit like that.

But, assuming for a moment what we were told last night is all mostly true (and I think it probably is, for the most part), just think: if they were willing to blow that wad with so many episodes left, imagine the awesome shit they have left up their sleeves for the 9 hours this show has left.

It's gonna be more than just a fucking laundry list of answers to Chuck's questions. I'm certain they're fixing to throw some shit at us we never saw coming. Shit's gonna get pretty fucking emotional, too.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 24, 2010, 11:19:41 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 24, 2010, 11:18:27 AM

Is that what I think?

Yes.

I think in the way you used "minor," that's exactly what it means.

I think this makes it official: Chuck is worse than Weebs.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 11:19:47 AM

I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey?

Considering Jacob explained the symbolism of it explicitly just minutes earlier, I don't think it could have been any more clear.

If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

That.

Chuck thought it was superfluous after the Desmond-Penny story. But that's only because Chuck is Desipio's greatest monster.

Right now, I will admit I'm sort of let down by the transparency of last night's episode. It just seemed so easy after all that's happened. I'm fairly sure that the writers aren't going to be as see-through all the way to the end but I don't know. Interested to hear what everyone else thought.

I will say that I was surprised at how much they laid out last night, considering that we're just over halfway through the season. We're all so used to them dragging us along for so long that it's a bit of a shock when they come right out and say shit like that.

But, assuming for a moment what we were told last night is all mostly true (and I think it probably is, for the most part), just think: if they were willing to blow that wad with so many episodes left, imagine the awesome shit they have left up their sleeves for the 9 hours this show has left.

It's gonna be more than just a fucking laundry list of answers to Chuck's questions. I'm certain they're fixing to throw some shit at us we never saw coming. Shit's gonna get pretty fucking emotional, too.

It's like they're setting all of this up, answering some questions and what not and then it's going to be balls out action near the end. That's what I'm predicting. Also, twists.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

While I didn't cry, I did feel myself wrapped up into the emotion. It was powerful. To see him leaning forward to hopefully get something, a touch, a gust of wind that he thought was her, was really good. Ok, maybe I'm crying now, but yea. Last night's episode was the shit. I am kind of like Dubbs in thinking they didn't need to draw out Ricardo being in the boat, but I found the scene with the boar entertaining. Those fucks have been torturing people (one that comes to mind was Sawyer and the boar that was out to get him) since the 1800s apparently. Hell, it might have been the same boar.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2010, 11:40:43 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 24, 2010, 11:34:59 AM
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

While I didn't cry, I did feel myself wrapped up into the emotion. It was powerful. To see him leaning forward to hopefully get something, a touch, a gust of wind that he thought was her, was really good. Ok, maybe I'm crying now, but yea. Last night's episode was the shit. I am kind of like Dubbs in thinking they didn't need to draw out Ricardo being in the boat, but I found the scene with the boar entertaining. Those fucks have been torturing people (one that comes to mind was Sawyer and the boar that was out to get him) since the 1800s apparently. Hell, it might have been the same boar.

I'm pretty sure Richard and the Man in Black roasted and ate this one.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 11:40:43 AM

I forgot about them eating a boar. Oh well, I'd like to continue thinking that boar is a 140+ year old boar that fucks with people, and they ate a different one.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 24, 2010, 11:43:52 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 11:40:43 AM
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

I forgot about them eating a boar. Oh well, I'd like to continue thinking that boar is a 140+ year old boar that fucks with people, and they ate a different one.

I suppose it could have been a time-traveling boar.

Let's add "Where did the boar that attacked Sawyer come from?" to Chuck's list of must-answer questions.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »

That.

But Alex was dead on the island, so smokey could take her body.  Isabella was dead back in teh spainland.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:31 PM »

Disagreed. I think Richard HAD to be put through the ringer like he was (could things have been much worse for him when the Man in Black finally showed up?) in order to make it REALISTIC that he'd be so susceptible to the machinations of Smokey & Jacob. And in turn to make it all the more impressive that his faith was so deep that he turned down Smokey's awesome offer even after all the awful shit he'd just been through. Richard is the man.

I completely agree with Tank in being surprised in a good way at how much was spelled out last night. I may be slightly more skeptical on Jacob as a reliable narrator in regards to the island as cork analogy. Maybe him and Smokey are both full of shit and they're just petulant wizards who enjoy toying with people. I also agree that the last few episodes are going to be character- and action-based instead of just a laundry list of answers. Which will be fun.

I'm surprised Weebs hasn't complained about the realism of a wooden boat breaking a statute.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2010, 12:32:31 PM
I'm surprised Weebs hasn't complained about the realism of a wooden boat breaking a statute.

My only thought was where the hell did it go

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2010, 01:07:26 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 11:52:19 AM

But Alex was dead on the island, so smokey could take her body.  Isabella was dead back in teh spainland.

True. Hmmm.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 11:52:19 AM

True. Hmmm.

He has assumed Christian, Locke, Alex, and who else? (besides the speculated Isabella) I'm trying to remember if he was someone who wasn't on the island and dead.