News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,859 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 24, 2010, 01:09:32 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 11:19:47 AM
Anyone who thought that episode sucked or was just "OK" can lick a taint.

Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM
I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey?

That was Smokey. Just like when Alex appeared to Ben last season.

But Alex was dead on the island, so smokey could take her body.  Isabella was dead back in teh spainland.

True. Hmmm.

He has assumed Christian...

We don't necessarily know this yet, right?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 01:11:13 PM

I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey?

But Alex was dead on the island, so smokey could take her body.  Isabella was dead back in teh spainland.

True. Hmmm.

Mr. Eko's brother.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2010, 01:20:06 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2010, 12:32:31 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 24, 2010, 11:34:59 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 24, 2010, 10:25:16 AM
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

While I didn't cry, I did feel myself wrapped up into the emotion. It was powerful. To see him leaning forward to hopefully get something, a touch, a gust of wind that he thought was her, was really good. Ok, maybe I'm crying now, but yea. Last night's episode was the shit. I am kind of like Dubbs in thinking they didn't need to draw out Ricardo being in the boat, but I found the scene with the boar entertaining. Those fucks have been torturing people (one that comes to mind was Sawyer and the boar that was out to get him) since the 1800s apparently. Hell, it might have been the same boar.

Disagreed. I think Richard HAD to be put through the ringer like he was (could things have been much worse for him when the Man in Black finally showed up?) in order to make it REALISTIC that he'd be so susceptible to the machinations of Smokey & Jacob. And in turn to make it all the more impressive that his faith was so deep that he turned down Smokey's awesome offer even after all the awful shit he'd just been through. Richard is the man.

I completely agree with Tank in being surprised in a good way at how much was spelled out last night. I may be slightly more skeptical on Jacob as a reliable narrator in regards to the island as cork analogy. Maybe him and Smokey are both full of shit and they're just petulant wizards who enjoy toying with people. I also agree that the last few episodes are going to be character- and action-based instead of just a laundry list of answers. Which will be fun.

I'm surprised Weebs hasn't complained about the realism of a wooden boat breaking a statute.

So much of this.  I didn't think Ricardo's adventures in slavery were drawn-out at ALL.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »

True. Hmmm.

Eh, I guess we don't, but I would think he did. One interaction I'm thinking of was when Christian found Locke at the bottom of (is the station name right) the Orchid when he turned the wheel. He was getting Locke to go to the real world and get the rest back, which are probably pretty important in him getting off the island. (Him being smokey)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »

True. Hmmm.

He has assumed Christian, Locke, Alex, and who else? (besides the speculated Isabella) I'm trying to remember if he was someone who wasn't on the island and dead.

What about the young boy?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 24, 2010, 01:28:28 PM

True. Hmmm.

Eh, I guess we don't, but I would think he did. One interaction I'm thinking of was when Christian found Locke at the bottom of (is the station name right) the Orchid when he turned the wheel. He was getting Locke to go to the real world and get the rest back, which are probably pretty important in him getting off the island. (Him being smokey)

Or you could look at it from Jacob's point of view. He also had a motive to get Locke to leave. Jacob needed the candidates (Jack, Hurley, Sayid, etc.) to come back to the island to possibly replace him. The candidates weren't going to come back without Locke's prodding/death.

More evidence that Christian is an emissary of Jacob: Richard couldn't kill himself because Jacob wouldn't let him. Michael couldn't kill himself...until the bomb in the freighter was about to go off and Christian said "you can go now."

I think Christian's role in all this is still a mystery.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 01:37:51 PM

True. Hmmm.

He has assumed Christian, Locke, Alex, and who else? (besides the speculated Isabella) I'm trying to remember if he was someone who wasn't on the island and dead.

What about him, you sick bastard?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:04 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 24, 2010, 01:38:38 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 24, 2010, 01:37:51 PM

True. Hmmm.

What about him, you sick bastard?

Does he like movies about gladiators?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

True. Hmmm.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cost_of_Living

QuoteThe black smoke Monster is seen and heard darting through the background. A Nigerian man (Emeka) appears, and throws a machete at Eko. The machete lands in a tree next to Eko's head. Eko pulls the machete from the tree and turns to face three men: one with his throat cut, one with a severed arm and one (Emeka) who is cowering before Eko and begging for his life. Eko is about to plunge the machete into Emeka, but Emeka changes into Altar Boy (Daniel) who puts a finger to his lips ("Shhh", just like Walt to Shannon) and says, "Confess." Eko drops the machete and runs.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:54 PM »
Interesting Biblical mumbo jumbo from the AV Club comments:

QuoteJacob and Smokey may not literally be the God and Satan of Job, but they serve the same basic function as those ancient icons in the world of LOST. Smokey again tempts a weak man via a complex subterfuge; anyone who thought Smokey more honest than Jacob should reconsider his/her notion of the beast. That was not Richard's wife in the belly of the Black Rock. Smokey's promise that they would be reunited was likely, too, just so much of its originator's substance- smoke. Jacob, meanwhile, stands apart from human affairs, allowing souls to be claimed- and it now appears that souls really are being claimed in some fashion- by his enemy, all the while advocating the notion of free will.

QuoteYeah. The Abridged Version of Job pretty much comes out to: "God and Satan totally dick with this one guy's world to see if he'll keep the faith or curse God. Job doesn't, God says 'Good job!' and gives him a ton of new stuff to replace all the old stuff he wrecked up."

QuoteJacob clearly is not a totally infallible god - he was pretty crabby when Richard first found him, and not in a "godlike wrath" kind of way.

And apparently in his big experiment to prove a point about humanity, it had never occurred to him that avoiding interaction with people meant that the Man in Black would get to them first. I guess everyone can thank Richard for Jacob's habit of going out and touching people.

QuoteWhen Jesus told Peter that he was going to set up the church on Earth because Jesus would be too busy appearing on toast and giving gold tablets to Joseph Smith, his words were "You will be the rock upon which I build my church." And Richard arrived on a (black) rock.

QuoteFurther, St. Peter also denied knowing/following Jesus three times on the night of his death before the cock crowed. Richard says "Does the offer still stand?" three times out loud before Hurley (Hurley... bird?) shows up.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

While I didn't cry, I did feel myself wrapped up into the emotion. It was powerful. To see him leaning forward to hopefully get something, a touch, a gust of wind that he thought was her, was really good. Ok, maybe I'm crying now, but yea. Last night's episode was the shit. I am kind of like Dubbs in thinking they didn't need to draw out Ricardo being in the boat, but I found the scene with the boar entertaining. Those fucks have been torturing people (one that comes to mind was Sawyer and the boar that was out to get him) since the 1800s apparently. Hell, it might have been the same boar.

Disagreed. I think Richard HAD to be put through the ringer like he was (could things have been much worse for him when the Man in Black finally showed up?) in order to make it REALISTIC that he'd be so susceptible to the machinations of Smokey & Jacob. And in turn to make it all the more impressive that his faith was so deep that he turned down Smokey's awesome offer even after all the awful shit he'd just been through. Richard is the man.

I completely agree with Tank in being surprised in a good way at how much was spelled out last night. I may be slightly more skeptical on Jacob as a reliable narrator in regards to the island as cork analogy. Maybe him and Smokey are both full of shit and they're just petulant wizards who enjoy toying with people. I also agree that the last few episodes are going to be character- and action-based instead of just a laundry list of answers. Which will be fun.

I'm surprised Weebs hasn't complained about the realism of a wooden boat breaking a statute.

Finally got to see it last night. What a fantastic episode. Even though I kept hearing how awesome it was, it was still even more awesome. Totally shocked by the amount of info we got.

But, since it would be totally out of character to not point out a couple things I didn't like...

1. Seriously...you guys got that wrapped up in the Isabelle/Ricardo scene? The only thing missing from that scene was Whoopi Goldberg. The scene was gayer than Thrill's assless chaps.

2. So, if Jacob is so committed to his douchestance of "let's just see how it all plays out" then why is he going around touching everyone and meddling all the time?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 26, 2010, 01:07:44 PM
I actually think it was one of my favorite episodes of the series.  Certainly my favorite of this season.  Nestor Carbonell (really?) is a hell of an actor, and I thought Ricardo's story was terrific.  If the scene with Hurley initially translating for Isabella didn't bring you to tears, then you're as heartless as Milton Bradley.

Finally got to see it last night. What a fantastic episode. Even though I kept hearing how awesome it was, it was still even more awesome. Totally shocked by the amount of info we got.

But, since it would be totally out of character to not point out a couple things I didn't like...

1. Seriously...you guys got that wrapped up in the Isabelle/Ricardo scene? The only thing missing from that scene was Whoopi Goldberg. The scene was gayer than Thrill's assless chaps.

2. So, if Jacob is so committed to his douchestance of "let's just see how it all plays out" then why is he going around touching everyone and meddling all the time?

As I understand it, the meddling you speak of was to get them to come to the island. Then once they got there it was hands off.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »

As opposed to "assed chaps"? 
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 26, 2010, 01:27:17 PM

As opposed to "assed chaps"? 

Either sounds pretty good right now.