News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 76,878 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 09:06:03 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 09:03:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 08:59:34 AM
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 08:57:51 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 07:46:50 AM
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 07:42:35 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 20, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
Steak drippings. All the threads are starting to tie together. The callbacks to past seasons were weaved so effortlessly into this episode that it was hard to keep track.

Can't wait to see Locke go apeshit on NotTinaFey and her band of chubby nerds.

Edited to add it was nice to get confirmation that Smokey was Christian all along (which means he told Locke to move the island, and told Locke to say hi to Jack once he was off the island).

Didn't they say Jacob was the only one who could leave the island?  There's so man Real and NotCharacters that I'm starting to mix up who's who.

You're a retard.  Locke left the island to get everybody back. 

I wonder how they're going to get Sawyer, Kate, and Hugo to the hospital to join all of them.  I also wonder how Sun knew who Locke was (or who she thought he was)?  Probably b/c of her brush with death, which seems to be the main reason for realizing on-island stuff (other than "love").  All of the other characters are in play, (Miles, Ilana, Dr. Chang, Charlotte, Faraday, etc.) but I wonder if they will be able to choose their destiny or whatever like I have a feeling the Losties will.

I read the post wrong.  Whoops.  But even still, Christian has visited Jack off the island, which is one of the reasons he decided to go back.

That's actually a good point. Maybe the off-island manifestations of Christian (talking to Michael on the freighter, visiting Jack at the hospital) were Jacob?

Or maybe a plot hole the size of a singularity![/Chuck]

Or maybe Jack was going crazy?

And you could make the case that the version of Christian that said "you can go now" to Michael on the freighter was actually Jacob - it seemed Michael was temporarily given the "gift" of notdying that Jacob gave to Richard.

Although I don't think anything was ever mentioned about Jacob being able to turn into anybody else.  If he could (especially as Christian), then it doesn't really make sense that he and MIB would keep switching between them.  I could understand if the Christian that Jack kept seeing was Jacob and the one some of the other characters saw (particular Claire inside the cabin) was MIB, but we were told that wasn't the case.

As for Michael, the power that Jacob seemed to give people (Richard) was that they couldn't kill themselves.  On the freighter, Michael didn't technically kill himself because somebody else planted the C4.  There are a lot of inconsistencies with this whole MIB-as-Christian thing.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: April 21, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 09:13:40 AM
Steak drippings. All the threads are starting to tie together. The callbacks to past seasons were weaved so effortlessly into this episode that it was hard to keep track.

Edited to add it was nice to get confirmation that Smokey was Christian all along (which means he told Locke to move the island, and told Locke to say hi to Jack once he was off the island).

Didn't they say Jacob was the only one who could leave the island?  There's so man Real and NotCharacters that I'm starting to mix up who's who.

I wonder how they're going to get Sawyer, Kate, and Hugo to the hospital to join all of them.  I also wonder how Sun knew who Locke was (or who she thought he was)?  Probably b/c of her brush with death, which seems to be the main reason for realizing on-island stuff (other than "love").  All of the other characters are in play, (Miles, Ilana, Dr. Chang, Charlotte, Faraday, etc.) but I wonder if they will be able to choose their destiny or whatever like I have a feeling the Losties will.

I read the post wrong.  Whoops.  But even still, Christian has visited Jack off the island, which is one of the reasons he decided to go back.

That's actually a good point. Maybe the off-island manifestations of Christian (talking to Michael on the freighter, visiting Jack at the hospital) were Jacob?

And you could make the case that the version of Christian that said "you can go now" to Michael on the freighter was actually Jacob - it seemed Michael was temporarily given the "gift" of notdying that Jacob gave to Richard.

Although I don't think anything was ever mentioned about Jacob being able to turn into anybody else.  If he could (especially as Christian), then it doesn't really make sense that he and MIB would keep switching between them.  I could understand if the Christian that Jack kept seeing was Jacob and the one some of the other characters saw (particular Claire inside the cabin) was MIB, but we were told that wasn't the case.

As for Michael, the power that Jacob seemed to give people (Richard) was that they couldn't kill themselves.  On the freighter, Michael didn't technically kill himself because somebody else planted the C4.  There are a lot of inconsistencies with this whole MIB-as-Christian thing.

None of what you just typed makes any sense to me.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 09:36:19 AM

It's hard to understand anything after you've had your mind blown.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: April 21, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 09:36:19 AM

It's hard to understand anything after you've had your mind blown.

I'm pretty sure that the writers of this show might know what they're doing with all of this.  Especially compared to your pea sized brain.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: April 21, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »
With 4 eps plus a 2 hour finale left, are we just going to resign ourselves to never finding out:

How Dharma found the Island in the first place?
Why did they go there?
Why Smokey didn't kill Dharma?
How did the Ben-led Others manage to get dossiers on the plane survivors so quickly?
What made Walt so special?
Why women on the Island couldn't have babies?
How the Sharks got Dharma logos?
What was the Button really for?
Why there was time dilation between the boat and the Island?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: April 21, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 21, 2010, 10:02:39 AM
With 4 eps plus a 2 hour finale left, are we just going to resign ourselves to never finding out:

Why did they go there?
How did the Ben-led Others manage to get dossiers on the plane survivors so quickly?

I seem to recall some off-the-air allusions to Dharma existing -- and occupying the island -- for the sole purpose of stopping the world from ending, with The Numbers having a specific connection toward some world-ending equation.  Which actually sort of makes sense, since we know the MiB would end the world if he ever escaped, and how the Numbers are related to the survivors. 

You'd think Smokey didn't kill Dharma because of their sonic fence. 

If the Others worked for Jacob, wouldn't he have been able to provide them with a list, which they could've used their connections to the outside world to investigate?  (Then again, Jacob apparently never communicated with Ben)

And as for Walt -- I think he was made special due to his ability to rapidly age during the short time-period of a 6-season show.

Also, it seems to make sense that dead people appearing off the island are agents of Jacob, not Jacob directly.  Or at least I want to believe it really was Dead Charlie berating Hugo into getting the band back together.
M'lady.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: April 21, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

Why did they go there?  To do sweet ass research about time travel and science shit.
Why Smokey didn't kill Dharma?  Those pylons wouldn't let him cross into their territory.
What made Walt so special?  he could bring animals to him and make himself appear in places.  I think he'll be back.
How the Sharks got Dharma logos?  They branded them.
What was the Button really for?  Stopping the whole island from being sucked into it.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: April 21, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 10:34:28 AM

How Dharma found the Island in the first place? An as of yet unidentified man was able to find the location of the Island in the 1960s (well before 1974, when the DI was well-established), by way of the Lamp Post station in Los Angeles -- as explained by Eloise Hawking. Located underneath a church, the Lamp Post harnessed the unique pocket of energy in that area and used it to find other similar pockets around the globe.
Why did they go there?  To do sweet ass research about time travel and science shit. It seems that the Initiative's general goal, with specifics still unknown, was to manipulate scientific laws in order to change any of the six factors of the Valenzetti Equation, a sequence believed to have some connection to the date marking the end of humanity, in hopes of delaying such a date.
Why Smokey didn't kill Dharma?  Those pylons wouldn't let him cross into their territory.
How did the Ben-led Others manage to get dossiers on the plane survivors so quickly? Because Mikhail had the internets in the Flame station and Richard off the island to find out about them.
What made Walt so special?  he could bring animals to him and make himself appear in places.  I think he'll be back.
Why women on the Island couldn't have babies? Because the healing powers of the island (triggered by the Incident - pregnancies went just fine before that) also attacked those lousy fetuses invading the mother's body. According to Juliet, "The problem occurs somewhere during the second trimester, when the mother's immune system is triggered. The white blood cell count plummets. It's like the ... immune system turns on the fetus."
How the Sharks got Dharma logos?  They branded them.
What was the Button really for?  Stopping the whole island from being sucked into it.
Why there was time dilation between the boat and the Island? Because it's a magical magnoelectric island. Who cares.

Adding some stuff from Lostpedia. Not that it'll stop Chuck from pre-emptively bitching about answers before the next 5 hours play out.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: April 21, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »

Why did they go there?

I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: April 21, 2010, 10:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 21, 2010, 08:53:17 PM

Why did they go there?

I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Chuck: wronger than the Cubs.

QuoteJACK: What is this place?

ELOISE: The DHARMA Initiative called it the Lamp Post. This is how they found the island.

[Eloise opens a drawer and pulls out a binder.]

ELOISE: Aha. Here we go.

[Jack inspects the photograph on the chalk board. It looks like The Island. The bottom of the photograph reads "9/23/54 - U.S. ARMY - OP 264 - TOP SECRET - EYES ONLY"]

ELOISE: [Sighs] All right. I apologize if this is confusing, but... [To Jack, who is still staring at the photo] Let's pay attention, yes? The room we're standing in was constructed years ago over a unique pocket of electromagnetic energy. That energy connects to similar pockets all over the world. The people who built this room, however, were only interested in one.

SUN: The Island.

ELOISE: Yes. The island. They'd gathered proof that it existed. They knew it was out there somewhere, but they just couldn't find it. Then a very clever fellow built this pendulum on the theoretical notion that they should stop looking for where the island was supposed to be and start looking for where it was going to be.

[Pendulum whooshes]

JACK: What do you mean, "Where it was going to be"?

ELOISE: Well, this fellow presumed, and correctly, as it turned out, that the Island was always moving. Why do you think you were never rescued? Now while the movements of the Island seem random, this man and his team created a series of equations which tell us, with a high degree of probability, where it is going to be at a certain point... in time. Windows, as it were, that while open, provide a route back. Unfortunately, these windows don't stay open for very long. Yours closes... in 36 hours. [She hands the binder to Jack]

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: April 21, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
That was the sound of RV owning Chuck's face off. Chuck, you no longer have a face.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2010, 10:58:52 AM »
I'm not going to lie.  The fact that the sharks have Dharma logos on their tails is news to me.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 26, 2010, 10:58:52 AM
I'm not going to lie.  The fact that the sharks have Dharma logos on their tails is news to me.

Fuck, I don't even remember seeing a shark.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: April 26, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 26, 2010, 11:04:31 AM

I didn't either, until I looked it up.  I definitely remember the Sawyer-and-Michael-Huck-Finn-raft shark.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:06 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 26, 2010, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 26, 2010, 11:04:31 AM

I didn't either, until I looked it up.  I definitely remember the Sawyer-and-Michael-Huck-Finn-raft shark.

It was that one and the one from the first episode this season.  They flashed down to the submerged island and one of them was swimming around like a shark would.