News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No  ( 17,919 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 24, 2015, 11:23:36 AM
I texted Fork but I'm basically going to be in a meeting until 2 today, so I'm out. Bury me next to RV.

The group is probably better off without the guy ordering a chicken sandwich from Monks.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 24, 2015, 12:56:31 PM
I texted Fork but I'm basically going to be in a meeting until 2 today, so I'm out. Bury me next to RV.

The group is probably better off without the guy ordering a chicken sandwich from Monks.

I usually get a burger, but I won't hear a word against their blackened chicken sandwich (which I think can still be had by request).

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 24, 2015, 01:15:27 PM

I usually get a burger, but I won't hear a word against their blackened chicken sandwich (which I think can still be had by request).

WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOUR MEETING?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2015, 01:47:26 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 24, 2015, 01:33:16 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 24, 2015, 01:15:27 PM

WHY AREN'T YOU IN YOUR MEETING?

Sorry Huey, I got out a bit early. 

Wait, do you even go to this school?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
I said I wouldn't post on my job-switch saga until it was at an end but I'm going to provide an update in case anyone actually gave a shit.

The company I interviewed with way back in mid-November brought me in for another meeting with the hiring manager and another with a team member on some "get to know you, see if it's a good fit" basis. That was in early December. Right before the holidays, the hiring manager said to give them a couple of weeks due to vacations and etc. They called me last Friday and asked me what I was looking for and when I could start. I told them and they said, "Great!"

Then I received an email last night saying they're very interested but they're having trouble "finding the right opportunity" for me within the organization. It's going to take longer than they thought they said, and asked if I could hang on for another month (or so). I haven't responded to that yet but I've gotten advice from family members along the lines of "tell them you're not interested" or "keep the door open but move on."

Meanwhile, back at my current gig, a house fell on the other director who was making my life a living hell so I can soldier on there for a while longer as I regroup and start flooding the LinkedIns with resumes and how do you dos.

I'm a lucky guy. I have a great life. I have no more stress than Person A. But job searching is the absolute fucking worst. Other than, cancer and child deformities and paralysis and deadly accidents and Republicans and Hillary Clinton, I mean. It's bad.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 26, 2016, 08:58:58 AM
I said I wouldn't post on my job-switch saga until it was at an end but I'm going to provide an update in case anyone actually gave a shit.

The company I interviewed with way back in mid-November brought me in for another meeting with the hiring manager and another with a team member on some "get to know you, see if it's a good fit" basis. That was in early December. Right before the holidays, the hiring manager said to give them a couple of weeks due to vacations and etc. They called me last Friday and asked me what I was looking for and when I could start. I told them and they said, "Great!"

Then I received an email last night saying they're very interested but they're having trouble "finding an opportunity" for me within the organization. It's going to take longer than they thought they said, and asked if I could hang on for another month. I haven't responded to that yet but I've gotten advice from family members along the lines of "tell them you're not interested" or "keep the door open but move on."

Meanwhile, back at my current gig, a house fell on the other director who was making my life a living hell so I can soldier on there for a while longer as I regroup and start flooding the LinkedIns with resumes and how do you dos.

I'm a lucky guy. I have a great life. I have no more stress than Person A. But job searching is the absolute fucking worst. Other than, cancer and child deformities and paralysis and deadly accidents and Republicans and Hillary Clinton, I mean. It's bad.

I would say there's no reason to close the door on this opportunity but there's no reason you shouldn't be looking anyway.  It's like dating.  You're not going steady with this new job yet so keep your options open.

Job searching is both awful and amazing.  There's nothing quite like getting to the goal-line where you're exchanging salary expectations.  It totally sucks to get the rug pulled out from under you. It sucks even more when you're out of work.  Unless you have an amazing dog and lots of amazing pot and amazing mountain trails on which to bide your time.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »

Then I received an email last night saying they're very interested but they're having trouble "finding the right opportunity" for me within the organization. It's going to take longer than they thought they said, and asked if I could hang on for another month (or so). I haven't responded to that yet but I've gotten advice from family members along the lines of "tell them you're not interested" or "keep the door open but move on."

Is it a government position? My brother is in the national forestry division and the job application process takes months from applying to being hired. It's crazy.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:08 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2016, 09:52:18 AM

Is it a government position? My brother is in the national forestry division and the job application process takes months from applying to being hired. It's crazy.

I think we can all agree that Apex probably shouldn't work for the government
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 26, 2016, 09:55:08 AM

Is there really anyone here we feel comfortable paying with our tax dollars?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 26, 2016, 09:58:18 AM

<-------------Case in point

Brightside of gov't work: no drug testing.

Also, did a literal house fall on him? I'd like to click the tell me more button if so

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2016, 10:01:08 AM »

Ahem. Guess everyone should be happy I live/work in Canada.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »

Why? Do you like your shitty government how it is or something?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 26, 2016, 09:59:27 AM

<-------------Case in point

Brightside of gov't work: no drug testing.

Also, did a literal house fall on him? I'd like to click the tell me more button if so

It's a Wizard of Oz reference. She decided not to return after maternity leave and took another position elsewhere. And there was much rejoicing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
I'm renewing my job hunt, while being a lot less finicky, as soon as I return to the mainland tomorrow.

I look forward to it as much as I'd look forward to being locked in a closet and being forced to listen to nothing but "Muskrat Love" for 10 years.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 26, 2016, 09:16:41 AM

Then I received an email last night saying they're very interested but they're having trouble "finding an opportunity" for me within the organization. It's going to take longer than they thought they said, and asked if I could hang on for another month. I haven't responded to that yet but I've gotten advice from family members along the lines of "tell them you're not interested" or "keep the door open but move on."

I would say there's no reason to close the door on this opportunity but there's no reason you shouldn't be looking anyway.  It's like dating.  You're not going steady with this new job yet so keep your options open.

Job searching is both awful and amazing.  There's nothing quite like getting to the goal-line where you're exchanging salary expectations.  It totally sucks to get the rug pulled out from under you. It sucks even more when you're out of work.  Unless you have an amazing dog and lots of amazing pot and amazing mountain trails on which to bide your time.

I concur with this. Don't close the door but don't limit your options either. I just relocated to Southern California for a job I never applied for but instead was recruited for. Even so, it took forever - three months just to agree to terms, and almost the whole time I doubted it would actually happen since it was taking so long. But now I'm here and I love it. And if that can happen for me it can happen for you. So hang in there and keep looking. Eventually they'll quit playing with their dicks and bring you on, or you'll find something better. Godspeed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?