News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Blind Side  ( 4,716 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Blind Side
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
I saw this this weekend and it was pretty good. I saw brief previews but didn't really know the story beforehand. I just knew it was a football movie so I was in. I was pretty happy with it. I would secks Sandra Bullock. She's got some nice legs and nice tight ass. Going into the movie, I didn't know it was a true story, so that made it even cooler.

Also, it was cool that the coaches came in to play their respective parts in the movie.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Blind Side
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:19:20 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 30, 2009, 10:13:03 AM
I saw this this weekend and it was pretty good. I saw brief previews but didn't really know the story beforehand. I just knew it was a football movie so I was in. I was pretty happy with it. I would secks Sandra Bullock. She's got some nice legs and nice tight ass. Going into the movie, I didn't know it was a true story, so that made it even cooler.

Also, it was cool that the coaches came in to play their respective parts in the movie.

Too bad you aren't Al Michaels or Cris Collinsworth, as then your good friend DICK EBERSOL would of treated you to a free screening, so you could talk incessantly about the movie during the SNF broadcast.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 30, 2009, 10:19:20 AM

Too bad you aren't Al Michaels or Cris Collinsworth, as then your good friend DICK EBERSOL would of treated you to a free screening, so you could talk incessantly about the movie during the SNF broadcast.

Oh yea.. He would have been playing last night (or at least on the sidelines)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:25 AM »
Fuck the Ravens.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »
I saw this this weekend and it was pretty good. I saw brief previews but didn't really know the story beforehand. I just knew it was a football movie so I was in. I was pretty happy with it. I would secks Sandra Bullock. She's got some nice legs and nice tight ass. Going into the movie, I didn't know it was a true story, so that made it even cooler.Also, it was cool that the coaches came in to play their respective parts in the movie.

It is a pretty interesting book, not as interesting as Moneyball, defintiely not as interesting as Liar's Poker but interesting..

I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
I know it's a true story, but is it as subtly racist as I assume from all the previews?
Hire Jim Essian!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 30, 2009, 11:24:33 AM
I know it's a true story, but is it as subtly racist as I assume from all the previews?

It's Ole Miss. I'm gonna assume it's all subtle racism unless someone tells me otherwise.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »

I didn't think so.  The movie followed the book pretty closely from what I remember.  They had to play up the drama on some aspects (in the movie, the family picks up Oher in the rain like a stray dog or something, which I suppose is a little questionable), but that's to be expected.

If it was a fictional storyline, the plot would be more concerning.  But the fact that they were telling allegedly-true events dampened any weird racial overtones.  For me, at least. 

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 05:58:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 30, 2009, 12:20:52 PM

I didn't think so.  The movie followed the book pretty closely from what I remember.  They had to play up the drama on some aspects (in the movie, the family picks up Oher in the rain like a stray dog or something, which I suppose is a little questionable), but that's to be expected.

If it was a fictional storyline, the plot would be more concerning.  But the fact that they were telling allegedly-true events dampened any weird racial overtones.  For me, at least. 

Everything I read about this movie outside of the MSM was very snarky and played up the "this movie is racist and not about football" angle and I went in expecting some level of pandering.  I left impressed with how they stayed true to the book.  There were some parts that were obviously manufactured and bad ("I am a card carrying member of the NRA and I am always packing"  hahaha sandra bullock that guy would have shot you in the face then went back to playing cards without blinking) but they really did justice to the book.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 07:27:26 AM »
Go to hell, Ole Miss.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"