News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010: The Year We Make Coffins  ( 14,024 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010: The Year We Make Coffins
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 30, 2009, 04:34:23 PM
*I can only assume the third time's the charm

Indeed.

Also, who the hell's "rockallnight"?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:39 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 29, 2009, 04:16:08 PM
I'll have my picks in a couple of days.  There are some people that I'm waiting on 2009 to take care of first.

Time to get out the Boggle set.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 30, 2009, 09:35:39 PM
I'll have my picks in a couple of days.  There are some people that I'm waiting on 2009 to take care of first.

I hope they don't touch his Medicare!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 30, 2009, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 30, 2009, 02:34:11 PM
Those who haven't picked yet may want to consider the net worth of their choices.

QuoteStarting Jan. 1, the estate tax -- which can erase nearly half of a wealthy person's estate -- goes away for a year. For families facing end-of-life decisions in the immediate future, the change is making one of life's most trying episodes only more complex.

On Jan. 1, the one-year halt to the estate tax begins. And never before has so much money hinged on the time of death, WSJ's Laura Saunders reports in a News Hub extra.

"I have two clients on life support, and the families are struggling with whether to continue heroic measures for a few more days," says Joshua Rubenstein, a lawyer with Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP in New York. "Do they want to live for the rest of their lives having made serious medical decisions based on estate-tax law?"

Currently, the tax applies to about 5,500 taxpayers a year. So, on average, at least 15 people die every day whose estates would benefit from the the tax's lapse.

DEATH PANELS!!!

You probably know where I stand on the estate tax, but the weird status of the law now does create quite the moral dilemma for the McCaskey family, the Steinbrenner family and really the Ricketts family as well. If Virginia and Old Man Ricketts and Steinbrenner kick it in 2010, it will be much better for their franchises than if they die in 2011, especially if there is no reform for 2011.

Now, before I tiptoe out of the political conversation, let me lament that I had none of the three on my list.

Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 30, 2009, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 30, 2009, 09:35:39 PM

I hope they don't touch his Medicare!

Did Rush ever make that comment, and did he ever support Medicare D?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 30, 2009, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 30, 2009, 02:34:11 PM
Those who haven't picked yet may want to consider the net worth of their choices.

QuoteStarting Jan. 1, the estate tax -- which can erase nearly half of a wealthy person's estate -- goes away for a year. For families facing end-of-life decisions in the immediate future, the change is making one of life's most trying episodes only more complex.

On Jan. 1, the one-year halt to the estate tax begins. And never before has so much money hinged on the time of death, WSJ's Laura Saunders reports in a News Hub extra.

"I have two clients on life support, and the families are struggling with whether to continue heroic measures for a few more days," says Joshua Rubenstein, a lawyer with Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP in New York. "Do they want to live for the rest of their lives having made serious medical decisions based on estate-tax law?"

Currently, the tax applies to about 5,500 taxpayers a year. So, on average, at least 15 people die every day whose estates would benefit from the the tax's lapse.

DEATH PANELS!!!

I just wish I had some crazy old rich uncle to capitalize on this... but then again money being in this hayseed's family is probably as likely as Fork telling a funny joke

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
In news that no one cares about - I'll be drafting my inaugural dead pool list at some point today. Keep an eye out.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 31, 2009, 11:13:54 AM
In news that no one cares about - I'll be drafting my inaugural dead pool list at some point today. Keep an eye out.

Added to the tally of the confirmed:

Pre
Shooter
Gil
BigDrinky
Slak
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:30 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 31, 2009, 11:58:28 AM

[...]

Well? I need something more engaging than watching Tanya Tucker on Hee Haw over and over.

[Toni Basil is 66? Toni Basil was in Five Easy Pieces? Toni Basil was in a group with Rerun from "What's Happening"? Toni Basil choreographed the war dances of the Shindigger dancers? Toni Basil was in a Bruce Conner film?]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 01, 2010, 12:14:30 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 31, 2009, 11:58:28 AM

[...]

Well? I need something more engaging than watching Tanya Tucker on Hee Haw over and over.

[Toni Basil is 66? Toni Basil was in Five Easy Pieces? Toni Basil was in a group with Rerun from "What's Happening"? Toni Basil choreographed the war dances of the Shindigger dancers?]

BRING ME YOUR DEAD!