News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,195 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #1035 on: June 28, 2019, 02:29:13 AM »
I know that "funky" beers are all the rage but I've now had two beers that were so fucking "barnyard" it was like they'd just fermented the piss straight out of the horse and now I want to know who the fuck drinks that kind of shit for fun.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1036 on: July 25, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 28, 2018, 08:31:16 AM
On the other hand, the Lagunitas Dark Swan is rather meh, as well as being overpriced. Great, 8.7% ABV, whatever.

Tacocat session sour is pretty pleasing at 4.2 ABV, just by the by.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1037 on: July 25, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 28, 2019, 02:29:13 AM
I know that "funky" beers are all the rage but I've now had two beers that were so fucking "barnyard" it was like they'd just fermented the piss straight out of the horse and now I want to know who the fuck drinks that kind of shit for fun.
Probably Pen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1038 on: July 29, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on July 25, 2019, 08:27:36 PM
Probably Pen.

A fair assumption, but I'm not a fan of the farmhouse/saison space.

No brettanomyces for this guy.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1039 on: July 29, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 29, 2019, 12:11:58 PM
Quote from: Shooter on July 25, 2019, 08:27:36 PM
Probably Pen.

A fair assumption, but I'm not a fan of the farmhouse/saison space.

No brettanomyces for this guy.

We've come a fair distance from .
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1040 on: January 04, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »
Well, since I've been stuck with absurdly expensive delivery down here until I master my late father's Kia Sorrento, I've encountered two APAs. Pseudo Sue somehow merited a rating of 100 from ButtAdvocate, but it's got some potential, and I've got three more, so perhaps I'll treat it a bit more kindly going forward.*

I mention this first because it's more likely to be available to yall than Reef Donkey, which also throws in some Citra hops, FWIW, but avoids any hint of cloyingness.

And speaking of cloyingness, Diver Down Red Ale, another Florida concoction, has it in spades. It reminds me of Founders Breakfast Stout gone horribly awry.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1041 on: January 23, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »
All I can say about Victory Sour Monkey Sour Tripel is that it is, indeed, sour. Doesn't hold a candle to Dogfish Head SeaQuench.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1042 on: February 13, 2021, 07:16:55 PM »
This is mainly for Fork's sake:

Guayabera Citra Pale Ale, poured into an old-fashioned glass. Grapefruit and litter box on the nose, thin head with no lacing, tastes somewhere between nothing and like having just hurled. I can't believe they charge money for this shit, but hey, Florida.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1043 on: March 08, 2021, 02:36:36 PM »
I've always been a porter fan, but Founders is a win, definitely beating the Dirty Bastard at at lower ABV (7.5% vs. 8.5%). Don't know whether they still make the Arrogant Bastard, but it's not available down here in Shitville.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1044 on: July 12, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty is Not Good. (In my defense, I received it because a delivery shopper was trying to finish out a BOGO, as there was only one 90 Minute Ale left.) Bood Lite is at least neutral in its wateriness.

I'm not going to get Miller Lite for a taste test. Blech.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1045 on: July 23, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »
OK, Sierra Nevada's Big Little Thing is worse.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1046 on: July 25, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »
The umpteenth TBS broadcast of The Last Jedi has informed me that there is now Corona Lite.