News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: French market  ( 3,616 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
French market
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:29:24 PM »

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: French market
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 02, 2009, 09:29:24 PM
How is this real?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/chicago/chi-1203-french-marketplacedec03,0,3155202.story

I gotta see this place.

My parents are going on Friday.  I'll let you know what they say after they tell me what they say.  Stay tuned.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 11:50:46 PM »
This guy from  the comments--
I can't wait to check it out as I work a couple of blocks away. However, I can appreciate the sentiments of those who feel that the south suburbs get short shrift. I grew up taking the train up north to the Randolph and Michigan metra station, and watched that station languish for years (remember? That was the last metra station to get rid of turnstiles). Even though it is remodeled, it is still nothing compared to Northwestern Train Station. I've lived on the northside of the city for 20 years, but still regularly take the train down to the south suburbs and notice the difference clearly.

probably also complains about all the attention the Cubs get.  Just sayin'.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
Went on Saturday.  Still a bit of teething problems, and not all of the booths are open yet (including the frites and beer stand), but lots of good stuff there.  Not cheap though (about 7-10 bucks for the various sammwich options), but a lot of good choices.  Think most everything should be open by the 15th.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on December 07, 2009, 12:56:57 PM
Went on Saturday.  Still a bit of teething problems, and not all of the booths are open yet (including the frites and beer stand), but lots of good stuff there.  Not cheap though (about 7-10 bucks for the various sammwich options), but a lot of good choices.  Think most everything should be open by the 15th.

I checked out the Vietnamese stand and got a Banh Mi. Delicious, but not very large. They didn't have pho yet, but should be up with that in a week or so.

Definitely what Hawk said - not everything is in place yet and it is pricey. Pretty neat place though. One of the butchers had a blonde girl working there with massive hogans. That was worth the trip alone.