News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sandwiches  ( 35,992 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sandwiches
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 12, 2010, 12:33:06 PM
You won't find a better sandwich than the ones they make in Canada. Every sandwich made in Canada is superior to every sandwich ever made in the States.

That said, I don't think eating at Kurt Evans' favorite sandwich shoppe would suck. Toronto is no culinary desert.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 12, 2010, 01:10:52 PM
You won't find a better sandwich than the ones they make in Canada. Every sandwich made in Canada is superior to every sandwich ever made in the States.

That said, I don't think eating at Kurt Evans' favorite sandwich shoppe would suck. Toronto is no culinary desert.

Damn it TJ, I know this.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 12, 2010, 01:22:02 PM

Damn it TJ, I know this.

Mostly I'm not super impressed with Toronto food.  There are some classic standbys that I'll eat at every chance I get, but I can think of lots of places I'd rather go if I had the chance.  I used to love a BBQ joint here that, at one point, was even better than Fork's beloved Dinosaur, but they've lost a few steps quality-wise.  There are a few thai restaurants I enjoy quite a bit, but I'm sure you could convince me that Chicago -- or any other city in America -- has choices as good or better.  Our Mexican food pretty much sucks.  But as far as deli goes, Caplansky's has earned a very solid reputation not just in Canada but in the States as well (attracting the attention of foodies like Ruth Reichl), and they deserve every accolade they get.

I wouldn't say that everybody in the world would love Caplansky's smoked meat over Katz's pastrami, because they're two very different things with two very different flavors.  All I can say is I've tried both and fortunately prefer the local deli to the one I'd have to travel hours to eat at. 
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 10:28:39 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 12, 2010, 06:26:17 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 12, 2010, 01:22:02 PM

Damn it TJ, I know this.

Mostly I'm not super impressed with Toronto food.  There are some classic standbys that I'll eat at every chance I get, but I can think of lots of places I'd rather go if I had the chance.  I used to love a BBQ joint here that, at one point, was even better than Fork's beloved Dinosaur, but they've lost a few steps quality-wise.  There are a few thai restaurants I enjoy quite a bit, but I'm sure you could convince me that Chicago -- or any other city in America -- has choices as good or better.  Our Mexican food pretty much sucks.  But as far as deli goes, Caplansky's has earned a very solid reputation not just in Canada but in the States as well (attracting the attention of foodies like Ruth Reichl), and they deserve every accolade they get.

I wouldn't say that everybody in the world would love Caplansky's smoked meat over Katz's pastrami, because they're two very different things with two very different flavors.  All I can say is I've tried both and fortunately prefer the local deli to the one I'd have to travel hours to eat at. 

Goes without saying.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »

McRib is back.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »
Quote from: Jon on January 21, 2010, 11:56:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2010, 11:43:26 AM

McRib is back.

Oh dip.

I tried to tell you this yesterday, but did you listen?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 21, 2010, 12:21:34 PM
Quote from: Jon on January 21, 2010, 11:56:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2010, 11:43:26 AM

McRib is back.

Oh dip.

I tried to tell you this yesterday, but did you listen?

I think the answer is clearly, "No."
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »
I had the grilled flank steak sandwich on ciabatta with gorgonzola sauce at Old Oak Tap (on Chicago, 2 blocks west of damen) on Saturday. Unreal sandwich. Delirium on tap. Boo yah.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

Holy Christ, bump.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
Anybody ever eat at Grandaddy's, on the near South Side, a little west of UIC?  I wanna say near Western and Roosevelt, but it's been about 8 years since I ate there. 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:28:33 AM
Anybody ever eat at Grandaddy's, on the near South Side, a little west of UIC?  I wanna say near Western and Roosevelt, but it's been about 8 years since I ate there. 

Maybe
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 07, 2010, 10:32:29 AM
Anybody ever eat at Grandaddy's, on the near South Side, a little west of UIC?  I wanna say near Western and Roosevelt, but it's been about 8 years since I ate there.  

Maybe

According to yelp, it's still there, although I found the reviews to be surprisngly lukewarm.  I remember they had a massive sub for like 11 bucks that would rock your colon with a boatload of meat.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:36:16 AM
Anybody ever eat at Grandaddy's, on the near South Side, a little west of UIC?  I wanna say near Western and Roosevelt, but it's been about 8 years since I ate there.  

Maybe

According to yelp, it's still there, although I found the reviews to be surprisngly lukewarm.  I remember they had a massive sub for like 11 bucks that would rock your colon with a boatload of meat.

I enjoyed your sincere response to TDubbs' faggy reply.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2010, 10:38:17 AM
Quote from: MAD on April 07, 2010, 10:36:16 AM

Maybe

I enjoyed your sincere response to TDubbs' faggy reply.

I enjoyed your faggyness.

Huey, I still don't get why you brought up this place.  You asked if anybody had eaten there, then didn't remember where it was at exactly b/c you haven't been there since a white man was president.  Then you "remembered" that they had a sub that was a certain dollar amount, but you can't "remember" that dollar amount.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.