News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,293 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
So, I'm playing The Show 15 and I start a RTTS as an outfielder/3B in the Cubs organisation.  After a fucking outstanding AA season to kick off with (25HR, 125RBI), they call me up to AAA for the last eight or ten games of the year.  That's nice, I thought: give me a chance to have a look before moving up next season.  Spring training of my second year subsequently ends, and I realise that I'm actually in the big leagues (just turned 19, by the way).  Then they keep me all fucking year despite only handing me occasional ABs and pinch-running opportunities.  I started no more than half a dozen games, I reckon.

Of course, with that few chances, you can't possibly amass enough training points even to stand still, let alone improve, so I now find myself going into my second major league season in considerably worse shape than I was a year ago.  I don't really have a point, I just wanted to moan about it.  In MLB The Show 15, Jim fucking Hendry is still running the Cubs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2015, 08:58:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 30, 2015, 08:48:09 AM
So, I'm playing The Show 15 and I start a RTTS as an outfielder/3B in the Cubs organisation.  After a fucking outstanding AA season to kick off with (25HR, 125RBI), they call me up to AAA for the last eight or ten games of the year.  That's nice, I thought: give me a chance to have a look before moving up next season.  Spring training of my second year subsequently ends, and I realise that I'm actually in the big leagues (just turned 19, by the way).  Then they keep me all fucking year despite only handing me occasional ABs and pinch-running opportunities.  I started no more than half a dozen games, I reckon.

Of course, with that few chances, you can't possibly amass enough training points even to stand still, let alone improve, so I now find myself going into my second major league season in considerably worse shape than I was a year ago.  I don't really have a point, I just wanted to moan about it.  In MLB The Show 15, Jim fucking Hendry is still running the Cubs.

Well, that's your fault for picking the Cubs at positions they're strong at. Ask for a trade

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 30, 2015, 08:58:50 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 30, 2015, 08:48:09 AM

Well, that's your fault for picking the Cubs at positions they're strong at. Ask for a trade

If I'd wanted practical advice, I'd have posted somewhere where I value people's opinions.

It's doing my fucking head in, though.  I'm a fastball hitter, so naturally my one AB per month is against a fucking junkballer.  Every time.  And on the odd occasion that I do manage to get hold of a pitch, I line out, hard.  Every time.  I'm starting to feel like Chris Coghlan.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2015, 10:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 30, 2015, 09:48:49 AM
If I'd wanted practical advice, I'd have posted somewhere where I value people's opinions.

OUCH.  Hey, wait a minute...

Quote from: Tonker on April 23, 2015, 10:40:38 AM
Does anybody else have problems with Flash player?  I use Firefox on Win 7 and am up-to-date with Flash but I'd say that, on average, it crashes half a dozen times a day, and when it crashes, it takes a minute or two to sort itself out.  It's a pain in the council gritter, is what it is.

Quote from: Tonker on February 14, 2014, 06:23:56 AM
Calling all Excel/VBA ninjas,

I have a problem with using replace functionality within an Excel macro.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the logic, here.  I think the problem is with my syntax, or (God forbid) my local settings.  Any ideas?  Because this is doing my head in.

Too lazy to find more and it's Mom's Basement but hey whatever WHO YA CRAPPIN?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 30, 2015, 10:26:15 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 30, 2015, 09:48:49 AM

OUCH.  Hey, wait a minute...

Quote from: Tonker on April 23, 2015, 10:40:38 AM
Does anybody else have problems with Flash player?  I use Firefox on Win 7 and am up-to-date with Flash but I'd say that, on average, it crashes half a dozen times a day, and when it crashes, it takes a minute or two to sort itself out.  It's a pain in the council gritter, is what it is.

Quote from: Tonker on February 14, 2014, 06:23:56 AM
Calling all Excel/VBA ninjas,

I have a problem with using replace functionality within an Excel macro.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the logic, here.  I think the problem is with my syntax, or (God forbid) my local settings.  Any ideas?  Because this is doing my head in.

Too lazy to find more and it's Mom's Basement but hey whatever WHO YA CRAPPIN?

I'm not quite sure what your point is.  I think it's clear that I have many good friends - including Yeti - around here, and that this place plays an important part in my life.  It should be equally clear that I'll be fucked if I'm ever going to say that out loud to any of you cunts.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2016, 05:01:33 AM »
5/31/17: In his third Major League start, in his first outing after surrendering four home runs in a single game against the Indians, my 19-year-old RTTS starter threw a perfect game against the Kansas City Royals at Angel Stadium. Final score: Angels 3, Royals 0.

Final line: 9 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 14 SO, 88 pitches (75 strikes), 27 up, 27 down. I've been playing The Show for a while, at least four or five years, and the closest I ever got before was taking a no-hitter into the 9th a few years ago.

Naturally, this is the first year I'm using Jake Arrieta's motion.

Thank you for reading about my mundane video sport achievement.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?