News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,293 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 01, 2010, 02:31:25 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 01, 2010, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 01, 2010, 02:25:41 PM
Quote from: Weebs on March 01, 2010, 02:03:50 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 01, 2010, 01:58:23 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 01, 2010, 01:45:09 PM
Quote from: Weebs on March 01, 2010, 12:07:59 PM
It was really difficult not to sign and trade Eric Gagne for an 85+ rated player. 

I applaud your remarkable consistency in being Weebsy all the time.

He had to pull a fast one on that gosh darn CPU. Can you imagine the rush when he finally did it? I bet he even Hulked Up before he hit the execute trade button.

It's an amazing feeling.  I imagine it's how Kenny Williams felt when he got Pierre.

Kenny Williams pisses excellence. Every day.

So this PSN bug is probably going to mean there's no reason to buy The Show tomorrow. Hope they get it fixed.

PSN bug?

Sorry.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2010/03/dont-turn-on-your-ps3-until-psn-bug-is-fixed/

Is this a real story or bullshit?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 01, 2010, 02:52:47 PM
It was really difficult not to sign and trade Eric Gagne for an 85+ rated player. 

He had to pull a fast one on that gosh darn CPU. Can you imagine the rush when he finally did it? I bet he even Hulked Up before he hit the execute trade button.

It's an amazing feeling.  I imagine it's how Kenny Williams felt when he got Pierre.

So this PSN bug is probably going to mean there's no reason to buy The Show tomorrow. Hope they get it fixed.

PSN bug?

Sorry.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2010/03/dont-turn-on-your-ps3-until-psn-bug-is-fixed/

Is this a real story or bullshit?

Gil, I think it's for serial.  The PSN was experiencing problems last night...at least, that's what I read this morning.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:32 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 01, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

PSN bug?

Sorry.

Fuck me.. I have my PS3 remote (bluetooth for videos) on my table and my animal (cat) often will step on it and turn it on, which I notice when I get home.

I accidentally hit one of the buttons on my remote and it turned it on...I hope it didn't screw anything up.  I know once I get MLB '10 I have to recreate Ace SP for the Kansas City Royals, Jack Bauer, but I don't want the old one to die.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 01:06:18 PM »
Just a reminder, for whatever reason, this game doesn't actually display in 1080p unless you disable the other resolutions in your PS3's Display Settings.  I loaded up a game and couldn't believe how terrible it looked.  If you adjust the settings, though, it looks incredible. 

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 02, 2010, 01:06:18 PM
Just a reminder, for whatever reason, this game doesn't actually display in 1080p unless you disable the other resolutions in your PS3's Display Settings.  I loaded up a game and couldn't believe how terrible it looked.  If you adjust the settings, though, it looks incredible. 

Elaborate, please?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 02, 2010, 01:14:07 PM

Elaborate, please?

When you setup your PS3's Display Settings (particularly if you're using HDMI), you can set it to display at 720p, 1080i and 1080p, meaning it will display at any of those resolutions, usually adjusted automatically based on the game/movie.  However, for some reason with The Show (it was the same last year, too), if you leave 720p and 1080i checked, it won't display in 1080p and everything looks like shit.  I have no idea why it does that, or why the default screen size doesn't fit the entire screen unless you adjust it, but luckily it's fixable.  I just can't figure out how to get the correct User Settings to load up automatically every time I start the game.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 02, 2010, 01:18:00 PM

Elaborate, please?

When you setup your PS3's Display Settings (particularly if you're using HDMI), you can set it to display at 720p, 1080i and 1080p, meaning it will display at any of those resolutions, usually adjusted automatically based on the game/movie.  However, for some reason with The Show (it was the same last year, too), if you leave 720p and 1080i checked, it won't display in 1080p and everything looks like shit.  I have no idea why it does that, or why the default screen size doesn't fit the entire screen unless you adjust it, but luckily it's fixable.  I just can't figure out how to get the correct User Settings to load up automatically every time I start the game.

So, you have to reset this everytime you play The Show?  I'm asking these questions because I'll be playing it with HDMI output.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 02, 2010, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Weebs on March 02, 2010, 01:18:00 PM

Elaborate, please?

So, you have to reset this everytime you play The Show?  I'm asking these questions because I'll be playing it with HDMI output.

If you change the Display Settings on your PS3, those will stay until you change them again yourself.  The Vertical and Horizontal Size settings are actually in The Show's Audio/Video settings, and while they usually don't seem to load automatically, I think they did this last time I started up the game.  I know last year I had to just load my User Settings every time I loaded up the game.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
Just picked it up - yet to play it. Very excited. There, however, is hockey and Lost to watch first.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 05:55:29 PM
Just picked it up - yet to play it. Very excited. There, however, is hockey and Lost to watch first.

Meant to ask at some point, what's your PSN tag? Same as the Xbox?

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 02, 2010, 06:35:04 PM

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky on PSN.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2010, 06:49:53 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 06:45:28 PM

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky on PSN.

Looking to pick this up on the weekend.

Can you do leagues for this game online?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2010, 07:14:09 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 02, 2010, 06:49:53 PM

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky on PSN.

You sure can. I don't know the whole deal behind it but if we can start one I am down like a clown.

So I fired up an exhibition game during intermission and already I've seen a bunch of new shit. Brewers at Cubs - Gallardo vs. Zambrano.

After I got Alcides Escobar to pop out to the Byrdman, Rex went over his three keys to the game. One of which was to keep the 7-8-9 hitters in check. I assume that was a reference to Gallardo's hitting prowess. Pretty neat. Weeks lined out to Fuky who made a nice running catch in right and Ryan Braun struck out looking and he managed to look like as big of a bitch as he does in real life.

Cubs come up to bat. I moved Theriot's punk ass down to eighth and DeRosa Baker up to the 2 hole. No matter, Fukudome would be my leadoff hitter on this day. First pitch is a whiff at a low slider. The second pitch is also a slider that forces Fuky to evacuate the box. Next pitch is a tapper to Fat Prince who steps on the bag but the drama is about to begin. Fukudome starts gesturing at Gallardo who starts yelling back at him as he trots back to the dugout. I assume there was a language barrier of some kind but it was still hilarious as Vasgersian sounded wildly entertained.

All this in the first 4 batters of the game.

I heart you, The Show.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 07:14:09 PM

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky on PSN.

You sure can. I don't know the whole deal behind it but if we can start one I am down like a clown.

So I fired up an exhibition game during intermission and already I've seen a bunch of new shit. Brewers at Cubs - Gallardo vs. Zambrano.

After I got Alcides Escobar to pop out to the Byrdman, Rex went over his three keys to the game. One of which was to keep the 7-8-9 hitters in check. I assume that was a reference to Gallardo's hitting prowess. Pretty neat. Weeks lined out to Fuky who made a nice running catch in right and Ryan Braun struck out looking and he managed to look like as big of a bitch as he does in real life.

Cubs come up to bat. I moved Theriot's punk ass down to eighth and DeRosa Baker up to the 2 hole. No matter, Fukudome would be my leadoff hitter on this day. First pitch is a whiff at a low slider. The second pitch is also a slider that forces Fuky to evacuate the box. Next pitch is a tapper to Fat Prince who steps on the bag but the drama is about to begin. Fukudome starts gesturing at Gallardo who starts yelling back at him as he trots back to the dugout. I assume there was a language barrier of some kind but it was still hilarious as Vasgersian sounded wildly entertained.

I heart you, The Show.

When I get home, I'll look into how it's done. I assume Gil, Kermit, Weebs, you, and myself? I should check on what IAN's got going on with his PS3 (or if someone can join late) because he'd hate me if I started without him if he could join. Gotta keep the lovers happy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 02, 2010, 07:20:30 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 07:14:09 PM

Same for you Weebs.

Slaky on PSN.

I heart you, The Show.

When I get home, I'll look into how it's done. I assume Gil, Kermit, Weebs, you, and myself? I should check on what IAN's got going on with his PS3 (or if someone can join late) because he'd hate me if I started without him if he could join. Gotta keep the lovers happy.

No hurry.