News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,547 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 12:35:06 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 08, 2010, 11:49:17 AM
I fired up my RTTS this weekend and it's going pretty well so far. I still can't take a walk but I really don't think it's my fault. They simply don't throw me the 4th ball. I can get it to three but after that it's tough. What really gets me is the circle change with 2 strikes. I can never tell if that thing is going to stay in the zone. I stop my swing and it's usually still a strike.

Besides that though I'm playing LF for the injured starter right now and in limited action I'm hitting over .300 with a healthy SLG% in the high 4s. No homers yet but I'm working on my power and I'm sure they'll come.

Right now, and I don't see this changing, I just hit and don't field. I don't see the point as an OF and any plays you make in the sim still get you points at the end of each game.

I got signed by the Orioles to start so I'm with the AA Bowie Baysox. I like that our home field is in the middle of a ghetto.

You could try adjusting the sliders a little bit so they might actually throw some more balls. I have the same problem with the changeups in the dirt.  Even the curveballs usually look like they're barely going to drop to the bottom of the zone.  Also, I think I've only been able to catch up to one fastball up in the zone.  Somehow I'm always late on those. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 08, 2010, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 08, 2010, 11:49:17 AM
I fired up my RTTS this weekend and it's going pretty well so far. I still can't take a walk but I really don't think it's my fault. They simply don't throw me the 4th ball. I can get it to three but after that it's tough. What really gets me is the circle change with 2 strikes. I can never tell if that thing is going to stay in the zone. I stop my swing and it's usually still a strike.

Besides that though I'm playing LF for the injured starter right now and in limited action I'm hitting over .300 with a healthy SLG% in the high 4s. No homers yet but I'm working on my power and I'm sure they'll come.

Right now, and I don't see this changing, I just hit and don't field. I don't see the point as an OF and any plays you make in the sim still get you points at the end of each game.

I got signed by the Orioles to start so I'm with the AA Bowie Baysox. I like that our home field is in the middle of a ghetto.

You could try adjusting the sliders a little bit so they might actually throw some more balls. I have the same problem with the changeups in the dirt.  Even the curveballs usually look like they're barely going to drop to the bottom of the zone.  Also, I think I've only been able to catch up to one fastball up in the zone.  Somehow I'm always late on those. 

I'm late on fastballs too but I think it's mainly against guys that start off throwing junk. That's just good pitching. I am still hitting over .300 so it's not like I can't function. I'll check the accuracy sliders out though.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
I tried the offset catcher camera, and I didn't like it.  Timing is easier, but judging whether a pitch was going to be inside or outside was, in my opinion, a total bitch.  So was judging the break.  It looks pretty, though.

Also, I can't hit for shit on RTTS.  I'm a Yeti-esque 1-20 with 4 Ks.  And I'm not using power swing at all.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 09, 2010, 01:37:41 PM
I tried the offset catcher camera, and I didn't like it.  Timing is easier, but judging whether a pitch was going to be inside or outside was, in my opinion, a total bitch.  So was judging the break.  It looks pretty, though.

Also, I can't hit for shit on RTTS.  I'm a Yeti-esque 1-20 with 4 Ks.  And I'm not using power swing at all.

Whenever I use power swing my timing is way off. I can't convince myself it's just another button that you use to swing. For now I just try and use contact unless I'm way ahead in the count. Even then, though, I'm trying to earn a walk that just won't seem to come my way. It's great that it's such a simple interface and yet you can still be so wrong on trying to figure out how to hit. I do know, from last year, that once my ratings go up I'll be much better at making contact and hopefully I'll start getting some home runs.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 01:45:37 PM

Whenever I use power swing my timing is way off. I can't convince myself it's just another button that you use to swing. For now I just try and use contact unless I'm way ahead in the count. Even then, though, I'm trying to earn a walk that just won't seem to come my way. It's great that it's such a simple interface and yet you can still be so wrong on trying to figure out how to hit. I do know, from last year, that once my ratings go up I'll be much better at making contact and hopefully I'll start getting some home runs.

They should let my BP pitcher throw to me during the game.  I'm AMAZING for those ten pitches.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 09, 2010, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 09, 2010, 01:45:37 PM

They should let my BP pitcher throw to me during the game.  I'm AMAZING for those ten pitches.

You and Josh Hamilton

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »
I'm getting worse at this game in my RTTS. Got traded from Baltimore to the Reds midseason in my first year. Played through on their AA bench. Signed a AAA deal with them in the offseason and I've gotten sparse playing time in the first month of the new season. It doesn't help that I'm 2 for 13. I think I'm starting to take more walks though, so that's a plus. Almost had 10 in my first season.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2010, 07:42:29 PM »
I know one of the things that makes this game cool is that you can't always hit your spots, but godamn if they don't screw you over by constantly having the pitch wind up in an entirely different part of the plate.  I can't even count how many times I've thrown a ball low and away, and it'll wind up right over the plate.  In fact, I've played 10 games of my fantasy draft franchise, and Adam Dunn has hit 6 HRs against me (in 7 games), Colby Rasmus has hit 2 (in 2 games), and Mark DeRosa is batting .590 with 4 HRs.  Also, Adam Dunn has made three different diving plays to rob me of doubles down the line.  ANGER!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
DPD

Alright, now this game is just getting ridiculous.  It seems to be next to impossible to hold a lead or a tie.  I was winning a game 12-4, and lost 12-13.  I pitched on the corners or where my catcher told me to, and no matter what, I couldn't make it out.  This game I'm playing now, I threw a fastball about 6 inches off the plate inside to Jay Bruce, who somehow hit it 350 ft. for a HR.  It even showed the animation where he just dropped the bat head down and barely made contact, and according to the swing analysis, he got Jammed and Missed the pitch.  My team has now given up at least 1 run in the first inning of every single game this season.  I'm not sure if this is just broken catchup AI or what, but it's really annoying that my team is averaging more hits and runs than any other team in the league, yet losing by 1 or 2 runs every game.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 25, 2010, 01:20:53 PM
DPD

Alright, now this game is just getting ridiculous.  It seems to be next to impossible to hold a lead or a tie.  I was winning a game 12-4, and lost 12-13.  I pitched on the corners or where my catcher told me to, and no matter what, I couldn't make it out.  This game I'm playing now, I threw a fastball about 6 inches off the plate inside to Jay Bruce, who somehow hit it 350 ft. for a HR.  It even showed the animation where he just dropped the bat head down and barely made contact, and according to the swing analysis, he got Jammed and Missed the pitch.  My team has now given up at least 1 run in the first inning of every single game this season.  I'm not sure if this is just broken catchup AI or what, but it's really annoying that my team is averaging more hits and runs than any other team in the league, yet losing by 1 or 2 runs every game.

I've played 5 or 6 exhibition games on All Star and won all but one by scores like 7-2 and 5-1. I lost to the Yankees 10-0 with Cleveland but that's because they're awesome.

So in short - you suck.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:32 AM »
So far, I'm 22/87 (.253) with an OBP of .256 and 28 Ks. I have a slugging of .368.. So, I'm Tyler Colvin. Sweet

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 12:26:32 AM
So far, I'm 22/87 (.253) with an OBP of .256 and 28 Ks. I have a slugging of .368.. So, I'm Tyler Colvin. Sweet

Which means you're my man crush.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 31, 2010, 03:57:57 PM

I thought I was already?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 04:06:56 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 31, 2010, 03:57:57 PM

I thought I was already?

Empirical evidence, Yeti.  Empirical evidence.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
Finished my second season, completely in AAA for Louisville. Hit a whopping .246 with 6 homers and 34 RBI. Not very productive. OBP under .300. Blech.

Back with the same team in year 3 as a bench player to start. I think I can make this year my breakout year though.