News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread  ( 29,272 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Fuck you, you fat fucking piece of shit

QuoteRecently many of these frustrations have been coming to a head, and players have begun throwing each other under the bus publicly.

This all started about a week ago when Carlos Silva mouthed off to the media about how the pitchers have all been showing up focused, and ready to go, while the batters are playing lackadaisically.

Really?  The batters are to blame for you being possibly the worst starting pitcher in the major leagues.  You lead the AL in losses, and have a dispicable ERA of 5.93.  I would say you should look in the mirror before blaming others for your shortcomings.

Silva was brought in to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse, and to solidify the pitching staff.  Leaders typically do not blame other players on the team publicly.  Generally, they lead by example, take due blame, or if needed to, call out players behind closed doors.

Nice choice, Jim.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck You Carlos Silva thread
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 18, 2009, 12:14:39 PM

QuoteRecently many of these frustrations have been coming to a head, and players have begun throwing each other under the bus publicly.

This all started about a week ago when Carlos Silva mouthed off to the media about how the pitchers have all been showing up focused, and ready to go, while the batters are playing lackadaisically.

Really?  The batters are to blame for you being possibly the worst starting pitcher in the major leagues.  You lead the AL in losses, and have a dispicable ERA of 5.93.  I would say you should look in the mirror before blaming others for your shortcomings.

Silva was brought in to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse, and to solidify the pitching staff.  Leaders typically do not blame other players on the team publicly.  Generally, they lead by example, take due blame, or if needed to, call out players behind closed doors.

Nice choice, Jim.

Seconded.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »

Really?  The batters are to blame for you being possibly the worst starting pitcher in the major leagues.  You lead the AL in losses, and have a dispicable ERA of 5.93.  I would say you should look in the mirror before blaming others for your shortcomings.

Silva was brought in to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse, and to solidify the pitching staff.  Leaders typically do not blame other players on the team publicly.  Generally, they lead by example, take due blame, or if needed to, call out players behind closed doors.

Nice choice, Jim.

So we're replacing a hitter who runs his mouth, is a "clubhouse cancer", butts heads with the team and fans, and basically is an all-around douche with a pitcher who also runs his mouth, is also a "clubhouse cancer", who also butts heads with the team and fans, and is also an all-around douche.  Great.  Yes, this is much better.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »
Fuck this fat fucking retard.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on December 18, 2009, 12:21:24 PM

Nice choice, Jim.

So we're replacing a hitter who runs his mouth, is a "clubhouse cancer", butts heads with the team and fans, and basically is an all-around douche with a pitcher who also runs his mouth, is also a "clubhouse cancer", who also butts heads with the team and fans, and is also an all-around douche.  Great.  Yes, this is much better.

I'm glad Yeti found that article about him.  I couldn't remember if that fat fuck had gotten a DUI or what, but I knew he was as a flaming bag of douche.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
http://www.mlbnotebook.com/2009-articles/april/carlos_silva_is_mean.html

QuoteCarlos Silva came out of the training room and I asked how his back was. He'd had spasms a night earlier, come out of the game after gritting his teeth on each pitch the final two innings - and Silva had won.

So I asked the question, and he ignored me and kept walking. Sometimes, players are focused and don't hear you. Sometimes, they ignore you.

A few minutes later, Silva walked back across the clubhouse and as he passed, I asked again, 'How's your back this morning?'
"Good," he said, and kept moving.

Not exactly expansive, but straight forward. About two minutes later, MLB.com writer Jim Street entered the clubhouse and glanced around, then asked who was winning the card game. We beat guys don't miss a thing.

"They both are," I told him.

Street saw Silva across the room and asked me, "How's Carlos feeling?"
I told him Carlos might not be in a talkative mood, explaining our brief conversation. Silva came walking over, angry.

"If you have something to say to me, say it to me, don't tell him," he said. "You're always stirring up poo."

Ok, he didn't say poo. Close enough.

"I was trying to save him and you time," I told Silva.

"You're always stirring up poo," he said. "That's why I don't talk to you."

I stared at him. A confused beat guy does that. Carlos had never not talked to me before.

"Don't ever ask me for another interview," Silva said and walked away.

I turned to Street.

"See what you started?" I asked. I thought about accusing him of stirring up poo.

And that, sometimes, is life in the clubhouse.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 18, 2009, 12:41:32 PM

QuoteCarlos Silva came out of the training room and I asked how his back was. He'd had spasms a night earlier, come out of the game after gritting his teeth on each pitch the final two innings - and Silva had won.

So I asked the question, and he ignored me and kept walking. Sometimes, players are focused and don't hear you. Sometimes, they ignore you.

A few minutes later, Silva walked back across the clubhouse and as he passed, I asked again, 'How's your back this morning?'

Not exactly expansive, but straight forward. About two minutes later, MLB.com writer Jim Street entered the clubhouse and glanced around, then asked who was winning the card game. We beat guys don't miss a thing.

I told him Carlos might not be in a talkative mood, explaining our brief conversation. Silva came walking over, angry.

"If you have something to say to me, say it to me, don't tell him," he said. "You're always stirring up poo."

I stared at him. A confused beat guy does that. Carlos had never not talked to me before.

I turned to Street.

"See what you started?" I asked. I thought about accusing him of stirring up poo.

Don't trash BH's savior like that.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 12:48:17 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 18, 2009, 12:41:32 PM

I turned to Street.

Don't trash BH's savior like that.

Yeti forgot to include this part.

"And Carlos Silva WON'T stop playing Kings of Leon's new album in the clubhouse. Ichiro has asked him to turn off that poo several times."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
My new goal for 2010 is to get close enough to the field so I can berate Carlos Silva so badly that I get banned from Wrigley for life and he goes home and puts his head in the oven.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Here's what I've got so far: Ugueth Urbina is going to chop off your mom's head with a machete and then light you on fire.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 01:03:26 PM
Here's what I've got so far: Ugueth Urbina is going to chop off your mom's head with a machete and then light you on fire.

Keep this up and I'll join you.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »
I hope a stray raccoon crawls into his home and gnaws his dick off in his sleep.

BichetteHappens

• Ne!f! Perez, Cooperstown Bound.
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 01:12:10 PM »
I want to kick Jim Hendry in the balls so hard that they just instantly explode and leak out of his urethra in a nasty, nasty fluid.

And Carlos Silva? Fuck that fat fuck.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »
So, I guess that instead of collecting 2nd basemen or left-handed hitters, Hendry is going to try and corner the market on fat guys named Carlos this year?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »
I didn't want to read or post in this thread because doing so acknowledges the reality of this shitty deal.

But seriously...fuck.

I want Pat Burrell.