News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Moran is a great ballplayer  ( 2,323 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Joe Moran is a great ballplayer
« on: July 18, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
I watched the ESPN broadcast of the Cubs game Sunday night.  Mr.  Joe Morgan commented on the fact that he is in the Baseball Hall of Fame.  He said that it is in Cooperston, which I believe is in New York.  Until he said that I was unaware that Mr. Morgan played baseball.  But it makes sense, since he is so knowledgeable about the game.  He is so good as an announcer I thought that he started his career in baseball as an announcer.  I really feel silly.  Does anyone know what position he played?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Moran is a great ballplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »
To his credit he did not make a big deal about it and the two men who were broadcasting with him had to beg him to show them his ring, which one of them kissed.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »
Corollary: Ryne Sandberg sucks and is also a horrible human being.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »
I wish ESPN would stop broadcasting baseball games.  Just let MLB Network do it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 19, 2010, 08:06:57 AM
I wish ESPN would stop broadcasting baseball games.  Just let MLB Network do it.

As bad as Morgan is, I find him easier to ignore than Miller. He kissed the fucking ring.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
I loved his comment when Soriano threw to the wrong base that it was castro's fault. Even though the entire infield was trying to get Soriano to throw to 2nd.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 19, 2010, 09:12:56 AM
I loved his comment when Soriano threw to the wrong base that it was castro's fault. Even though the entire infield was trying to get Soriano to throw to 2nd.

He understands the nuances of the game, BH.  He's all about the nuance.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:47 AM »

In the slow motion replay of the thing, you could see Ramirez pointing to second base.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 19, 2010, 09:30:19 AM

He understands the nuances of the game, BH.  He's all about the nuance.

Wait, this is soccer?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:38:13 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 19, 2010, 09:33:47 AM

In the slow motion replay of the thing, you could see Ramirez pointing to second base.

But you couldn't see Castro lining up for a throw to third. Ramirez was just pointing and Theriot had his hands up shouting but it was loud in there at the time while Sori and Starlin no speaka de English very well. Don't worry. Trammell will be all over the kid and we'll never see him make that mistake again.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.