News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Built Ford Tough™ 2010 Deadpool Selection Show, brought to you by Tostitos®  ( 18,725 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
The picks are in.*

22 morans entered.

They selected 157 distinct celebrity targets.

2 (powen and ChuckD) selected themselves.

Average age: 67.8 years old (70.2 median)**

Youngest: Levi Johnston (19.66)

Oldest: John Wooden (99.21)

The increasingly convoluted point system factored in, possible individual point totals range from as low as 40 (Bonk) to as high as 110*** (powen), averaging at around 68.**

Most popular (and thus penalized) selections:

QuoteDick Clark 8
John Wooden 7
Fidel Castro 6
Bryant Gumbel 5
Artie Lange 3
Rush Limbaugh 3
Seve Ballesteros 3
Dick Cheney 3
Ron Santo 3
Hugh Hefner 3
Jimmy Carter 3
Andy Rooney 3
Betty Ford 3
Billy Graham 3
Ernie Harwell 3
Kirk Douglas 3
Robert Byrd 3
Amy Winehouse 2
Courtney Love 2
Tawny Kitaen 2
Tom Sizemore 2
Kirstie Alley 2
Steve Jobs 2
Muhammad Ali 2
Bobby Hull 2
Ruth Bader Ginsburg 2
Betty White 2
Joe Paterno 2
Mickey Rooney 2
Nancy Reagan 2
Pope Benedict XVI 2
Phil Cavarretta 2

Best email submission...

QuoteFrom: powen01[at]xxxxxxx.xxx
To: deadpool[at]xxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: DEATH.

1.  Hee Sop Choi - Mountaineering/Climbing/Kimchi accident
2.  The entire cast of Jersey Shore - Venereal Disease (Specifically, the Butt Flu) I also don't care if I don't get points because of the amiguity of my choice, but I think the entire cast dying is a win/win for everyone.
3.  powen01 - If I knew, I wouldn't be on here.
4.  Michael Lohan - Suicide/Overdose
5.  Travis Barker - Tour Bus Accident/Ambien OD
6.  Rivers Cuomo - Anxiety attack on stage
7.  Osama Bin Laden - Butt-raped to death by wild pack of boars
8.  Alex Rodriguez - Butt Flu and/or Auto-erotic asphixiation
9.  Lindsay Lohan - Need I say more?
10.  Bob "The Voice of God" Sheppard - Dies of death.
11.  Al Yellon - Chokes on bologna.

Runner up...

QuoteFrom: huecub[at]xxxxxxx.xxx
To: deadpool[at]xxxxxxx.xxx
Subject: Re: Desipio Dead Pool

Huh?

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:39 PM, <deadpool[at]xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:

>  WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME.
>
>  -------- Original Message --------
>
>  > So what are the rules?  Am I allowed to pick someone from my 2009 list?
>  >
>

*If you spot any problems in the linked spreadsheets, let me know. In particular, take a look at your own picks to make sure I copied them faithfully. And let me know if I somehow missed any misspelled dupes on the celebrity list.

**Not accurate. I lack age and/or DOB info for 7 entries (Dan McNeil, Don Croft, Noreen Martin, Peggy O'Mara, Richard Heene, Steve Cokely and Torey Malatia)—5 of these, shockingly, Wheezer picks. All 7 appear in the spreadsheet as 110 years old until I have solid info, with no age bonus factored in.

***powen selected the entire cast of Jersey Shore as his number 2 pick. Given the low probability of the entire cast dying, I've been generous, scoring their collective "age" from the debut of the show December 3. Age bonus = 9 points.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
What's this negative bonus point bullshit?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
FUCK!
[/quote]
c) Deduct one penalty point for each person other than yourself who picked the same person

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Also, Torey Malatia appears to be about 52, judging by his WBEZ bio. I suppose we could email him to confirm.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on January 02, 2010, 01:04:26 AM
Also, Torey Malatia appears to be about 52, judging by his WBEZ bio. I suppose we could email him to confirm.

Don Croft claims to have been a teenager living in Guam in the "mid-sixties."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Wheezer on January 02, 2010, 01:06:41 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 02, 2010, 01:04:26 AM

Don Croft claims to have been a teenager living in Guam in the "mid-sixties."

That would explain quite a bit.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
For McNeil, you can go with 45, probably. http://www.670thescore.com/Dan-McNeil/4542797

QuoteMcNeil, 45, was an original cast member of "The Score," for which he served as an afternoon host until his resignation in October of 2000. During Danny Mac's nine-year run, he developed a reputation as a well connected, college and pro football addict whose feel for radio production separated him from the pack.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Shouldn't Artie Lange have a negative bonus?

Ixnay on the at-thay.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 01, 2010, 11:47:16 PM

Can you claim points for yourself if you commit suicide?

I vote yes.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Pre on January 02, 2010, 12:06:24 PM

I vote yes.

I'm obviously all for it, although I assumed that was a no-go.

Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 18, 2009, 12:34:34 PM
Bump.

13 shopping days until DEAD POOL.

So far, I've got picks from TJ, RV, Yeti and Pen.

PM me for the submission email if you haven't already.

And remember: we can't all pick Carlos Silva.

It doesn't count if you off the people on your own list.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I propose that for a given slot on your list, you can select more than one person so long as they are related/connected to one another in a logical fashion. Points would be awarded for each individual separately. However, points would only be awarded if every person specified for the slot died (AND not OR logic). And the slot bonus should only be awarded once. This would provide for additional risk/reward behavior.

I'll provide an example:

Powen selected the entire cast of Jersey Shore--presumably, the eight housemates-- for his #2 slot.

Let's say the cast dies in a housefire. There are eight cast members; all are in their twenties (Age Bonus: 9); nobody else has selected any of them (Pick Penalty: 0). Thus each of the eight cast members carries a bonus of +9.

8 members * 9 bonus per member + slot bonus (9) = 81

Now, like I said, it needs to use AND logic to encourage risk/reward behavior. So if DJ Pauly D is down the street filling his Valtrex script when the house goes up in flames, then Powen receives no points. Every person specified has to die for any points to be awarded.*

*Note that this would be incentive for Powen to pack his favorite balaclava and Louisville Slugger and pay DJ Pauly D a visit before the year runs out.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on January 02, 2010, 12:39:21 PM
I propose that for a given slot on your list, you can select more than one person so long as they are related/connected to one another in a logical fashion. Points would be awarded for each individual separately. However, points would only be awarded if every person specified for the slot died (AND not OR logic). And the slot bonus should only be awarded once. This would provide for additional risk/reward behavior.

I'll provide an example:

Powen selected the entire cast of Jersey Shore--presumably, the eight housemates-- for his #2 slot.

Let's say the cast dies in a housefire. There are eight cast members; all are in their twenties (Age Bonus: 9); nobody else has selected any of them (Pick Penalty: 0). Thus each of the eight cast members carries a bonus of +9.

Now, like I said, it needs to use AND logic to encourage risk/reward behavior. So if DJ Pauly D is down the street filling his Valtrex script when the house goes up in flames, then Powen receives no points. Every person specified has to die for any points to be awarded.*

*Note that this would be incentive for Powen to pack his favorite balaclava and Louisville Slugger and pay DJ Pauly D a visit before the year runs out.

I propose that you can't propose new rules 1 day into the fricken contest.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Quote from: ChuckD on January 02, 2010, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: Pre on January 02, 2010, 12:06:24 PM

I vote yes.

I'm obviously all for it, although I assumed that was a no-go.

Quote from: Slack-E on December 18, 2009, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on December 18, 2009, 12:34:34 PM
Bump.

13 shopping days until DEAD POOL.

So far, I've got picks from TJ, RV, Yeti and Pen.

PM me for the submission email if you haven't already.

And remember: we can't all pick Carlos Silva.

It doesn't count if you off the people on your own list.

I figure that with my usual activities from week to week, it wouldn't be a surprise to see me bite it at some point.  I figured if I died, I might as well go out a winner.  I don't think I should get the points if I out and out kill myself.  That would be a cheap win. 

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on January 02, 2010, 01:32:30 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 02, 2010, 12:39:21 PM

I'll provide an example:

I propose that you can't propose new rules 1 day into the fricken contest.

I vote to strike the remarks from the distinguished gentleman from ... who are you again?

Also, it would only affect Powen under an extremely unlikely set of circumstances, but it would be something to consider for next year.