News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Built Ford Tough™ 2010 Deadpool Selection Show, brought to you by Tostitos®  ( 18,721 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 08, 2010, 11:21:49 AM
How about those of us that submitted duplicate picks have to come up with unique replacement picks that accrue no bonuses for being unique?

Ah, the old Yul Brynner gambit.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on January 08, 2010, 10:40:15 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 09:29:44 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 07, 2010, 09:13:22 PM
Quote from: Pre on January 07, 2010, 09:03:14 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 07, 2010, 07:41:00 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 07, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
A few people saw their bonus points drop, as there were only 17 new unique picks out of the 30 added.

Slak, in particular, saw 2 points shaved off of his formerly unique Liz Taylor pick.

You sons of bitches.

It might be a spreadsheet bitch, but I don't think on time peoples should be penalized
for late peoples stealing their picks.

I'm think Google Docs has paste special. If so, and if we're all done with new entrants, just save a copy of the new sheet, remove the new entrants from one of them, and then hard code the bonuses for all the on-time entrants on to the new copy w/ paste special->values. It doesn't need to be dynamic beyond doing the one lookup to check on the person's status and awarding bonus points.

I'm drunk. Does that make any sense?

I hear the complaints, and I'm considering them.

Does everyone else agree?

(FWIW, I don't think "paste values" is necessary in this context, as I don't believe you're able to paste formulas between different documents on Google anyways.)

Would it be easier to replace Salinger with my wild card pick?

It's not always about YOU, Oleg. Or your 2 duplicate picks.

It's more about Chuck and TDubbs and their combined 11 duplicates.

How about those of us that submitted duplicate picks have to come up with unique replacement picks that accrue no bonuses for being unique?

That's not how it works. There are no bonus points for unique picks that we can deny you, just penalty deductions for picking the same people as other players.

THIS WHOLE THING IS GOING TO HELL AND IT'S ONLY THE 8TH OF JANUARY.

Way to go, Desipio.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 11:45:19 AM
A few people saw their bonus points drop, as there were only 17 new unique picks out of the 30 added.

Slak, in particular, saw 2 points shaved off of his formerly unique Liz Taylor pick.

You sons of bitches.

It might be a spreadsheet bitch, but I don't think on time peoples should be penalized

I'm think Google Docs has paste special. If so, and if we're all done with new entrants, just save a copy of the new sheet, remove the new entrants from one of them, and then hard code the bonuses for all the on-time entrants on to the new copy w/ paste special->values. It doesn't need to be dynamic beyond doing the one lookup to check on the person's status and awarding bonus points.

(FWIW, I don't think "paste values" is necessary in this context, as I don't believe you're able to paste formulas between different documents on Google anyways.)

That's not how it works. There are no bonus points for unique picks that we can deny you, just penalty deductions for picking the same people as other players.

Way to go, Desipio.

You guys are ruining my love affair with other people dying.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 11:45:19 AM

You sons of bitches.

Way to go, Desipio.

Just penalize the late entries and do not reduce any point totals for those who were on-time.  QED.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Powen is right! All you statfagitos are ruining the joy of death with your spreadsheets and math.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Quote from: Jon on January 08, 2010, 11:57:09 AM
Powen is right! All you statfagitos are ruining the joy of death with your spreadsheets and math.

Yeah*!

*Actually, the spreadsheets makes my clock strike "Bonertime!"; I'm just trying to get other people kicked out to increase my own odds of winning.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: powen01 on January 08, 2010, 11:59:24 AM
Quote from: Jon on January 08, 2010, 11:57:09 AM

Yeah*!

*Actually, the spreadsheets makes my clock strike "Bonertime!"; I'm just trying to get other people kicked out to increase my own odds of winning.

Seconded.  Those spreadsheets are awesome.  Thanks for putting this together, ThrillStatHomo.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 08, 2010, 11:55:20 AM
Just penalize the late entries and do not reduce any point totals for those who were on-time.  QED.

There's a difference between the pillory and the stocks.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Just penalize the late entries and do not reduce any point totals for those who were on-time.  QED.

Okay... but do the late entrants' duplicate picks get docked that same amount (as if their picks didn't exist)?

More specifically, do Chuck and TDubbs both get full credit for picking Liz Taylor (0 points deducted) even though she was picked more times than 88% of the field?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 08, 2010, 12:07:27 PM
Just penalize the late entries and do not reduce any point totals for those who were on-time.  QED.

Okay... but do the late entrants' duplicate picks get docked that same amount (as if their picks didn't exist)?

More specifically, do Chuck and TDubbs both get full credit for picking Liz Taylor (0 points deducted) even though she was picked more times than 88% of the field?

I think the late entrants should be penalized the same amount that they would be if all entrants were submitted blind. The on-time entrants should be penalized as much as they were prior to Oleg, Chuck, and TDubbs' entries.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on January 08, 2010, 12:10:43 PM

I think the late entrants should be penalized the same amount that they would be if all entrants were submitted blind. The on-time entrants should be penalized as much as they were prior to Oleg, Chuck, and TDubbs' entries.

I think Thrill should just come up with a very Draconian rule for this and let's move on and start hoping for people to die.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on January 08, 2010, 12:54:16 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 08, 2010, 12:10:43 PM

I think Thrill should just come up with a very Draconian rule for this and let's move on and start hoping for people to die.

Oh, "Draconian" this.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
I think TDubbs should have to spend an hour next Friday at Shitty's talking to Fork.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 08, 2010, 01:33:05 PM
I think TDubbs should have to spend an hour next Friday at Shitty's talking to Fork.

What the fuck did I do to deserve that shit?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on January 08, 2010, 01:35:13 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 08, 2010, 01:33:05 PM

What the fuck did I do to deserve that shit?

You know what you did.