News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K10  ( 19,468 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K10
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 28, 2010, 11:04:47 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 28, 2010, 10:29:04 AM
Quote from: Weebs on January 28, 2010, 09:59:12 AM
Well this is an intriguing reason to buy 2K10:

Quote2K Sports is offering a $1 million prize to the first player to throw a perfect game in MLB 2K10, laying down the bounty as a statement of confidence in the authenticity of their game's revamped pitching controls.

The million-dollar prize is believed to be the largest ever offered for this type of contest - a skill-based challenge, rather than a random drawing. 2K Sports isn't putting up the money believing its game is so tough that no one can meet the challenge. It fully expects someone to pitch a perfect game - retiring all 27 batters without a single one reaching base by any means - and cash in during the contest period from March 2 (the game's date of release) and May 2.

It doesn't say if it has to be a specific team/pitcher, or what difficulty/sliders need to be set at, but it's a pretty cool idea.  I think I threw a perfect game once in MLB 2K8, but I believe that was also the game where every player had the plate discipline of Korey Patterson and would swing at a curveball low and away.

Maybe use the $1MM to upgrade your shitty engine, douchebags.

Nicely played.

*tips cap*
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »
There's a demo out, if anyone is interested.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 23, 2010, 01:45:22 PM

Have you tried it out?  I got that busted PS3 I talked about in another thread.  We have a couple things to pony up cash for before the kid comes in March, but maybe during the summer I'll send it off for repair and be able to play The Show.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 02:31:28 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 23, 2010, 01:53:40 PM

Have you tried it out?  I got that busted PS3 I talked about in another thread.  We have a couple things to pony up cash for before the kid comes in March, but maybe during the summer I'll send it off for repair and be able to play The Show.

No, but if I get a chance after my Lost boner goes down, I'll try it out tonight.  Because I hate fun.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 23, 2010, 02:31:28 PM

No, but if I get a chance after my Lost boner goes down, I'll try it out tonight.  Because I hate fun.

I played one three inning game last night.  It's diarrhea on a disk.  I'm trading in all my 360 games except MW2 and maybe one or two others to get some cash for fixing that broken PS3 a friend gave me.  WANT THE SHOW

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 09:38:34 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 24, 2010, 09:32:10 AM

I played one three inning game last night.  It's diarrhea on a disk.  I'm trading in all my 360 games except MW2 and maybe one or two others to get some cash for fixing that broken PS3 a friend gave me.  WANT THE SHOW

I know you won't get cash for it, but Gamestop currently is giving an extra 50% for all trade-ins.  It's a pretty incredible deal, even for that shitty store, and I might even trade in MW2 since I never play it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »

I'm going to trade in MW2 which should pay for most of The Show right there - plus a couple of other games TBD.

Gamestop always seems to come through with a sweet trade in deal around the time awesome games are released.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 09:48:33 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 24, 2010, 09:38:34 AM

I know you won't get cash for it, but Gamestop currently is giving an extra 50% for all trade-ins.  It's a pretty incredible deal, even for that shitty store, and I might even trade in MW2 since I never play it.

I'm trying to finish BioShock2 so I can trade that in.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 24, 2010, 09:41:30 AM

I'm going to trade in MW2 which should pay for most of The Show right there - plus a couple of other games TBD.

Gamestop always seems to come through with a sweet trade in deal around the time awesome games are released.

I was thinking of trading in Assassin's Creed II, but apparently they're only giving $15 for it, which is absolutely retarded.  Although GS occasionally has the really good trade-in deals, they're usually only worth it because the trade-in values are so ridiculously low to start with.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »
DPD

Slak, it looks like GS might have just dropped the trade-in price for MW2.  You get $23 for it ($34 after the deal).  I could have sworn it was close to $32 as recent as yesterday.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 24, 2010, 12:14:13 PM
DPD

Slak, it looks like GS might have just dropped the trade-in price for MW2.  You get $23 for it ($34 after the deal).  I could have sworn it was close to $32 as recent as yesterday.

Cool - but 34 after the deal is about what I was expecting. I'm ok with it. The fact that someone will give me store credit for some crappy video game is still a nice thing.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 24, 2010, 02:01:00 PM
DPD

Slak, it looks like GS might have just dropped the trade-in price for MW2.  You get $23 for it ($34 after the deal).  I could have sworn it was close to $32 as recent as yesterday.

Cool - but 34 after the deal is about what I was expecting. I'm ok with it. The fact that someone will give me store credit for some crappy video game is still a nice thing.

I suggest checking out goozex.com.  I use it a lot and really like it.  The nice thing is you get a lot closer
to equal value for things.  The down side if you have to have a lot of patience for some things.

I've used it though to send and receive over 200 games.  Some of those are for my brother, but it's a great
way to balance out impulse buying stuff.  I'm also real picky and tend not to get into game and when it costs
me a net of maybe $4 ($1 + shipping) and I don't like a game then I don't care.  And when I do cave and
buy something that ends up sucking (I'm looking at you Force Unleashed) I can trade it quickly for a lot of
points to get something good.

Just as a reference, despite my tendency to get drunk and request weird things ("Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?",
"Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone" stand out as examples), among other things I've received:
Resident Evil 5, NCAA Football 2009 & 2010, Modern Warfare 1 CE, CoD W@W, Gears 2, NBA 2K9, Saints Row 2,
2 copies of GTA IV, and even both Disgaea 1 & 2 for the PSP which are the best portable games of all time,
Assassins Creed, Bioshock, tons of PC games none of you care about, etc, for maybe $400 total.

Definitely a cost effective way to game.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 24, 2010, 09:40:28 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on February 24, 2010, 02:01:00 PM
DPD

Slak, it looks like GS might have just dropped the trade-in price for MW2.  You get $23 for it ($34 after the deal).  I could have sworn it was close to $32 as recent as yesterday.

I suggest checking out goozex.com.  I use it a lot and really like it.  The nice thing is you get a lot closer
to equal value for things.  The down side if you have to have a lot of patience for some things.

I've used it though to send and receive over 200 games.  Some of those are for my brother, but it's a great
way to balance out impulse buying stuff.  I'm also real picky and tend not to get into game and when it costs
me a net of maybe $4 ($1 + shipping) and I don't like a game then I don't care.  And when I do cave and
buy something that ends up sucking (I'm looking at you Force Unleashed) I can trade it quickly for a lot of
points to get something good.

Just as a reference, despite my tendency to get drunk and request weird things ("Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?",
"Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone" stand out as examples), among other things I've received:
Resident Evil 5, NCAA Football 2009 & 2010, Modern Warfare 1 CE, CoD W@W, Gears 2, NBA 2K9, Saints Row 2,
2 copies of GTA IV, and even both Disgaea 1 & 2 for the PSP which are the best portable games of all time,
Assassins Creed, Bioshock, tons of PC games none of you care about, etc, for maybe $400 total.

Definitely a cost effective way to game.

I like Goozex, but you're right, you need a lot of patience.  I've only traded a couple games on there, so I haven't exactly figured out if the queue is as accurate as it says.  I had NCAA 10 in my list, and I don't even think there was a single person in front of me, yet it still took about two weeks before I was offered a copy.  What have you found is the standard timeframe before a new release game becomes available?  It's definitely something I'd use more for older games I just never got around to playing, but I generally can't get myself to wait with some of the bigger titles.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 24, 2010, 09:57:39 PM
What have you found is the standard timeframe before a new release game becomes available?  It's definitely something I'd use more for older games I just never got around to playing, but I generally can't get myself to wait with some of the bigger titles.

Depends a lot on the game, but I'd say 3 months for most stuff.  It's not at all a replacement for
stuff you want right away.  For myself, I enjoy the idea of gaming more than I have any time for
it so instead of buying a bunch of games when they hit a $20/30/40 newegg/amazon/target deal
because I want to eventually play it, I just add it to my goozex queue and save the money on
a game I don't have time for anyways right now.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
Quote from: Pre on February 25, 2010, 09:41:11 AM
Quote from: Weebs on February 24, 2010, 09:57:39 PM
What have you found is the standard timeframe before a new release game becomes available?  It's definitely something I'd use more for older games I just never got around to playing, but I generally can't get myself to wait with some of the bigger titles.

Depends a lot on the game, but I'd say 3 months for most stuff.  It's not at all a replacement for
stuff you want right away.  For myself, I enjoy the idea of gaming more than I have any time for
it so instead of buying a bunch of games when they hit a $20/30/40 newegg/amazon/target deal
because I want to eventually play it, I just add it to my goozex queue and save the money on
a game I don't have time for anyways right now.

It's especially good for games that don't have a big online MP component, so you don't need to have the game right away when it's still "hot."