News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K10  ( 19,448 )

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K10
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 24, 2010, 09:40:28 PM
both Disgaea 1 & 2 for the PSP which are the best portable games of all time

Ain't that the truth.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »
I thought IAN might be exaggerating, but he's not.  It's the same fucking shit.  They improved the bat sounds, and the pitching is somewhat easier.  Big fucking deal.  The strike zone is still too big, and the umps still call pitches strikes that are well off the plate.  The new batting camera made it look like Sabathia was pitching from Citi Field, and didn't really make it significantly more easy to distinguish balls from strikes.  There was a relatively routine ground ball hit at Rollins, which he ran several steps straight backward to catch.  And the outfielders still have dramatically overpowered arms.

I give up.  2K is a total fucking disaster.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 26, 2010, 08:38:35 AM
I thought IAN might be exaggerating, but he's not.  It's the same fucking shit.  They improved the bat sounds, and the pitching is somewhat easier.  Big fucking deal.  The strike zone is still too big, and the umps still call pitches strikes that are well off the plate.  The new batting camera made it look like Sabathia was pitching from Citi Field, and didn't really make it significantly more easy to distinguish balls from strikes.  There was a relatively routine ground ball hit at Rollins, which he ran several steps straight backward to catch.  And the outfielders still have dramatically overpowered arms.

Do not buy this game.  I beg of you.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 26, 2010, 08:55:41 AM

Not a chance.  Not after that demo.  I'll consider it when it's $10 in June.  But even then, there are far better games to play.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 26, 2010, 09:13:48 AM

Not a chance.  Not after that demo.  I'll consider it when it's $10 in June.  But even then, there are far better games to play.

Good.  They made the game look worse than it did last year, which was worse than it looked the year before.  The animations are very awkward, as they always were.  I hate 2K so much for this.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2010, 10:47:20 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 26, 2010, 09:44:55 AM

Good.  They made the game look worse than it did last year, which was worse than it looked the year before.  The animations are very awkward, as they always were.  I hate 2K so much for this.

I didn't think it looked any worse.  It's just a bad, bad game.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2010, 03:14:30 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 26, 2010, 10:47:20 AM

I'm shallow, Kerm.  I'm all about looks.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 26, 2010, 03:14:30 PM

Your wife is hot. Are you telling us something?

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

Right, and I'm saying it doesn't look worse.  In fact, it probably looks slightly better than last year.  It's at least on par.  Why not pick one of the other 1,000 reasons to hate this game?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 03:35:18 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 26, 2010, 03:23:55 PM

Right, and I'm saying it doesn't look worse.  In fact, it probably looks slightly better than last year.  It's at least on par.  Why not pick one of the other 1,000 reasons to hate this game?

Fair enough.  The real thing that I hate about this game are the wonky animations that make fielding incredibly and needlessly difficult and the hitting and pitching mechanics that they always say they work on and tweak but never really follow through on.

The look of the game, as far as the graphical stat overlays and such aren't bad at all.  The textures on the dirt and grass are pretty good.  The stadiums look pretty shitty, though.  And there isn't enough variation in the players.  There's no way Ryan Howard is as big as Shane Victorino.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 26, 2010, 03:35:18 PM

Fair enough.  The real thing that I hate about this game are the wonky animations that make fielding incredibly and needlessly difficult and the hitting and pitching mechanics that they always say they work on and tweak but never really follow through on.

The look of the game, as far as the graphical stat overlays and such aren't bad at all.  The textures on the dirt and grass are pretty good.  The stadiums look pretty shitty, though.  And there isn't enough variation in the players.  There's no way Ryan Howard is as big as Shane Victorino.

I think you got those mixed up.

I hate that after three years, they still don't have batting stances that are even close to correct for some players.  As much as I hate Ryan Theriot, I can't believe they still have the exact same stance that looks absolutely nothing like his actual stance.  It's like in MVP 2005 when they gave Derrek Lee the same batting stance as David Eckstein.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 27, 2010, 10:37:41 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 26, 2010, 03:35:18 PM

I think you got those mixed up.

I hate that after three years, they still don't have batting stances that are even close to correct for some players.  As much as I hate Ryan Theriot, I can't believe they still have the exact same stance that looks absolutely nothing like his actual stance.  It's like in MVP 2005 when they gave Derrek Lee the same batting stance as David Eckstein.

There's a gameplay trailer of the Cubs and Mets where Theriot's stance looks to be updated, FWIW.