News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,673 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #4620 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2012, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2012, 08:27:51 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 25, 2012, 07:25:21 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 25, 2012, 07:08:19 PM
Speaking of inside baseball...

A shoutboxer seems to have been relieved of his duties recently, but it wasn't BC:

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2012/03/update-vaznelis-vs-cadigan-.html

Fired by an apparent functional illiterate, no less.

According to my source, as of March 20th "Pressure was brought to bear and the decision is being reconsidered."

Also, god help Sid Vaznelis if he ever stumbles into the ShoutBox.

The reconsideration was reconsidered. The thing is, Sig might have as much power to fire Bill as Chuck does to fire Soriano.\

I doubt he'll stumble into the ShoutBox, but here's some fodder for you:

Figures.

It certainly puts my "functional illiterate" barb in the proper context. This guy's probably the poet laureate of White Sox Nation.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4621 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2012, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2012, 08:27:51 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 25, 2012, 07:25:21 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 25, 2012, 07:08:19 PM
Speaking of inside baseball...

A shoutboxer seems to have been relieved of his duties recently, but it wasn't BC:

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2012/03/update-vaznelis-vs-cadigan-.html

Fired by an apparent functional illiterate, no less.

According to my source, as of March 20th "Pressure was brought to bear and the decision is being reconsidered."

Also, god help Sid Vaznelis if he ever stumbles into the ShoutBox.

The reconsideration was reconsidered. The thing is, Sig might have as much power to fire Bill as Chuck does to fire Soriano.\

I doubt he'll stumble into the ShoutBox, but here's some fodder for you:

Figures.

Sig's in Lemont, where he's with Southwest Sider Liz Gorman, who is more interested in preserving some weird Cook County GOP Fiefdom than, you know, finding viable candidates for positions like State's Attorney, where Demcoratic Incumbent Anita Alvarez should be in a world of hurt.

Besides having no county-wide judge candidates, no Cook Co. State's Atty, no real water reclamation board candidates, etc., Vaznelis and Gorman did find a shitbum to run against the incumbent Republican on the Cook County Board of Review to ... I'm not sure really, maybe get Liz Gorman plenty of radio time doing his ads which accuse Dan Patlak of just about everything short of homicide.

Anyway, Sig Vaznelis appointed Bill as Committeeman after the New Trier Township Republicans unanimously selected him to replace the outgoing committeeman. Sig also appointed the guy that ran against Dan Patlak as Committeeman of Palos Township. This is how he handled himself, post-election:

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4622 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
Nice pull, TJ.  I thought those radio commercials were pretty brutal.  And now that I can see how unhinged the candidate behind whom all of this money and support went is, I'm LOLing.

I seem to recall Liz Gorman from TV ads years ago.  Isn't her maiden name Doody?  Heh.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4623 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2012, 08:50:13 AM
Nice pull, TJ.  I thought those radio commercials were pretty brutal.  And now that I can see how unhinged the candidate behind whom all of this money and support went is, I'm LOLing.

I seem to recall Liz Gorman from TV ads years ago.  Isn't her maiden name Doody?  Heh.
Yes. Liz Doody Gorman. She basically installed Sig as Cook County Chairman in September when Lee Roupas left to move to DuPage Co. In between her bankruptcy filings and her ability to take credit for "rolling back" the Stroger sales tax increase, she's propped up Sean Morrison twice.

Morrison might be even more literacy-challenged than Sig. Even Richard J. Daley would cringe at some of his malaprops. I heard him speak and kept saying that we all had to be "conscious-minded" of this, and the board needed to be "conscious-minded of that" etc. He also owns a Rent-a-cop or Rent-a-thug agency and was sending personnel in uniform to people's homes to present them with "cease and desist" letters during the campaign.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4624 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »
So, what we've learned her is that IL-GOP is as corrupt as IL-DEM.

John "Combine" Kass is... right?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4625 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2012, 09:08:22 AM

Yes. Liz Doody Gorman. She basically installed Sig as Cook County Chairman in September when Lee Roupas left to move to DuPage Co. In between her bankruptcy filings and her ability to take credit for "rolling back" the Stroger sales tax increase, she's propped up Sean Morrison twice.

Morrison might be even more literacy-challenged than Sig. Even Richard J. Daley would cringe at some of his malaprops. I heard him speak and kept saying that we all had to be "conscious-minded" of this, and the board needed to be "conscious-minded of that" etc. He also owns a Rent-a-cop or Rent-a-thug agency and was sending personnel in uniform to people's homes to present them with "cease and desist" letters during the campaign.

Holy balls, all of this is hilarious.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4626 on: March 26, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 26, 2012, 09:29:51 AM
So, what we've learned her is that IL-GOP is as corrupt as IL-DEM.

John "Combine" Kass is... right?

It's a pretty simplistic way of putting it. Sure, there's Gorman using Vanelis and Morrison to consolidate power... except there's little power to be had and these actions have necessarily drained additional power from being acquired. Unless it is that the Gormans of the world are satisfied with current state and county leadership/have something promised to them if status quo is preserved.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4627 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 26, 2012, 09:58:24 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2012, 09:08:22 AM

Holy balls, all of this is hilarious.

There's more. Gorman's hit man is Ray Hanania, who in between his bashing of Patlak, wants you to know that Gov. Rod was a pretty-damn good Governor, etc., etc.

The guys laughing loudest are Michael Madigan and John Cullerton, along with Anita Alvarez and every unopposed Democratic judge.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4628 on: March 26, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »
Ray Hanania?  The Muslim stand-up comic?  

Man, this thing just keep getting better.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4629 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 26, 2012, 10:27:51 AM
Ray Hanania?  The Muslim stand-up comic?  

Man, this thing just keep getting better.

He's as Muslim as Obama; however, he is Palestinian.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4630 on: March 26, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 24, 2012, 06:16:24 PM
This is apparently real...

http://www.theconservativeteen.com/

Inspired by this, I just actually flipped through the magazine itself...

http://krtins.longboys.net/Winter-2011-TCT/index.html

Holy shit:

LAUGH OUT LOUD!

(As the kids like to say.)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4631 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »
I don't get that Kurt Evans photoshop Conservative Teen political cartoon.

Seriously, though. Someone explain the ricochet monkey of black unemployment.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4632 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:10 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 26, 2012, 09:02:21 PM

What's not to get?

TWACK!! CATCH!! THROW!! BLACK GUY!!!

Laugh out loud!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4633 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:11 AM »

It's as clear as the "NIG" under Obama on Page 2.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4634 on: March 27, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 26, 2012, 10:35:10 PM

What's not to get?

TWACK!! CATCH!! THROW!! BLACK GUY!!!

Laugh out loud!

I get it.  It is telling us that Obama is left handed.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)