News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,770 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 17, 2010, 12:25:21 PM
Also, who says I wouldn't have hired you to dig that ditch?

Everyone.  You aren't in the ditch digging business.  That's why we have division of labor as explained by comparative advantage.

Why does Obama get to decide that ditch digging is the best use of Chuck's time from an economic productivity standpoint?

He doesn't.  I don't have to take the jorb.  I could pass on the job and relax and watch 80's TV shows and movies.

I might have hired Chuck to dig a hole instead of a ditch and paid less, on net, than the combined cost of Chuck, Obama, the Treasury, and the tax collector, so were there jobs created or not?  I'd say we don't know - the job might just have been simply transferred from one economic activity to another.  The Obama Every Presidential Administration would say yes.

Politician'd.

My point is that the Administration (and you're right to point out that it's not just Obama) is reallocating resources as it sees fit, whether it's cross-sectionally in the current period, or intertemporally.  That transfer is not cost-free, because government workers and debtholders need to get paid, not to mention there's a possible probable loss of efficiency.  You can't just look at the job that the government took my money to pay for; you have to at least think about what I would have done with that money had the government not taken it from me.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 17, 2010, 12:50:47 PM
You can't just look at the job that the government took my money to pay for; you have to at least think about what I would have done with that money had the government not taken it from me.

In the recession, a lot of that money is effectively just being sat on, no?

Hence the demand gap Slak's dying to fill.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »
I thought this was interesting...

Not only is Gubment spending at an all-time high (no surprise), but the rise & fall over the past 50 years doesn't fit the Administrations as I would have thought.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 17, 2010, 01:14:04 PM

the rise & fall over the past 50 years doesn't fit the Administrations as I would have thought you've been indoctrinated to believe.

Hannity'd Olbermann'd

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:01 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2010, 01:20:27 PM

the rise & fall over the past 50 years doesn't fit the Administrations as I would have thought you've been indoctrinated to believe.

Hannity'd Olbermann'd

Olbermann can eat the nuggets out of my shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: February 17, 2010, 01:37:35 PM »

Not only is Gubment spending at an all-time high (no surprise), but the rise & fall over the past 50 years doesn't fit the Administrations as I would have thought.

Does it fit Congressional control as you might think?  Congress, after all, sets the budget.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: February 17, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 17, 2010, 01:37:35 PM

Does it fit Congressional control as you might think?  Congress, after all, sets the budget.

Dems had control from 76 to 80.  Decline. 

GOPs had control from 80 to 86 of the senate.  Increase.

Mixed control pretty much thereafter.

The Veto pen also is a pretty good check on spending.  Last fucker with it refused to use it for any spending bill.  Where were the tea baggers on that nimrod?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: February 17, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 17, 2010, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 17, 2010, 01:37:35 PM

Dems had control from 76 to 80.  Decline. 

GOPs had control from 80 to 86 of the senate.  Increase.

Mixed control pretty much thereafter.

The Veto pen also is a pretty good check on spending.  Last fucker with it refused to use it for any spending bill.  Where were the tea baggers on that nimrod?

Bush was never a conservative on spending, among other things.  We all know that.

Now, I've recreated this chart myself, and it looks different, so I'm a bit confused).  I used the data easily pulled from the Bureau of Economic Analysis website, http://www.bea.gov ; I used nominal GDP and the "total expenditures" line from "Government Current Receipts and Expenditures". 

At the end of 1976, I get 28.13%; at the end of 1980 it's 28.96%.
1984: 28.54%
1988: 29.68%
1992: 29.34%
1996: 30.66%
2000: 31.84%
2004: 27.77%
2008: 28.33%

Chart:

I'm not sure where usgovernmentspending.com is getting its figures from.  They say "US Budget Data" but I don't know what that means.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
So, where does the hydraulic theory of wealth diverge from the usual notion of energy, which is conserved? I did read Adam Smith, but it's mostly lost to me.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: February 19, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/19/stephen-baldwin-on-obama_n_468692.html

Quote"I'm gonna be real straight with you," Baldwin told ABC's Jonathan Karl. "I am not happy about the way things are. I pray for President Obama every single day. But tell you what. Homey made this bed, now he has got to lay in it."

"'Homey' being President Obama?" Karl asked.

"That is correct," Baldwin said.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on February 19, 2010, 09:01:28 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/19/stephen-baldwin-on-obama_n_468692.html

Quote"I'm gonna be real straight with you," Baldwin told ABC's Jonathan Karl. "I am not happy about the way things are. I pray for President Obama every single day. But tell you what. Homey made this bed, now he has got to lay in it."

"'Homey' being President Obama?" Karl asked.

"That is correct," Baldwin said.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?