News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,677 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 27, 2010, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: MikeC on February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM
I say onto reconciliation, which is supposed to kick into gear on Monday right?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/02/the_real_story_on_health-care.html

QuoteChuck Todd of NBC made a superb point on "Hardball" last night that everyone should pay attention to. He noted that absolutely no one is proposing to pass a health-care bill under the "reconciliation process," that is, with a majority rather than 60 votes in the Senate.

Does that surprise you? Chuck's point is that the health care bill already passed the Senate with 60 votes last December. Democrats would use reconciliation only for a series of rather modest amendments to the overall bill. And he pointed out that some of those amendments (notably broadening the "Nebraska deal" on Medicaid relief for all states) are actually things the Republicans have called for. My hunch, judging from some of the things Rep. George Miller (D) of California said at the summit, is that Democrats may consider adding a few other Republican ideas to the reconciliation package.

I do not expect what I will call the Todd Clarification to stop Republicans from condemning the Democrats if they get a bill through with the reconciliation amendments. But shouldn't all of us be referring to them just that way—as "amendments" rather than as "a bill"? Todd's point also brings home the fact that both houses have used a thoroughly conventional legislative process to get the bill this far. We might then begin to ask the obvious question: Why should we take it for granted that one election result in one state (Massachusetts) ought to be allowed to derail a year's worth of legislative work? In any event, my conservative friends have told me for years that my dear native state of Massachusetts is unrepresentative of the country. I don't hear them saying that now.

Kudos to Todd for stating a truth that just about all of us have missed.

I don't care! Teh Dems are RAHMING through their massive government takeover with death panels and zorses and zombies!

It's refreshing to hear some common sense on this bill.  Chuck Todd was a waste in my opinion, but he mildly looks better in my opinion after this.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 27, 2010, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 27, 2010, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: MikeC on February 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM
I say onto reconciliation, which is supposed to kick into gear on Monday right?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/02/the_real_story_on_health-care.html

QuoteChuck Todd of NBC made a superb point on "Hardball" last night that everyone should pay attention to. He noted that absolutely no one is proposing to pass a health-care bill under the "reconciliation process," that is, with a majority rather than 60 votes in the Senate.

Does that surprise you? Chuck's point is that the health care bill already passed the Senate with 60 votes last December. Democrats would use reconciliation only for a series of rather modest amendments to the overall bill. And he pointed out that some of those amendments (notably broadening the "Nebraska deal" on Medicaid relief for all states) are actually things the Republicans have called for. My hunch, judging from some of the things Rep. George Miller (D) of California said at the summit, is that Democrats may consider adding a few other Republican ideas to the reconciliation package.

I do not expect what I will call the Todd Clarification to stop Republicans from condemning the Democrats if they get a bill through with the reconciliation amendments. But shouldn't all of us be referring to them just that way—as "amendments" rather than as "a bill"? Todd's point also brings home the fact that both houses have used a thoroughly conventional legislative process to get the bill this far. We might then begin to ask the obvious question: Why should we take it for granted that one election result in one state (Massachusetts) ought to be allowed to derail a year's worth of legislative work? In any event, my conservative friends have told me for years that my dear native state of Massachusetts is unrepresentative of the country. I don't hear them saying that now.

Kudos to Todd for stating a truth that just about all of us have missed.

I don't care! Teh Dems are RAHMING through their massive government takeover with death panels and zorses and zombies!

It's refreshing to hear some common sense on this bill.  Chuck Todd was a waste in my opinion, but he mildly looks better in my opinion after this.

Todd also called out Michael Steele on this ill-considered talking point ahead of the Health Care Summit...

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/michael-steele-says-obama-should-hav

QuoteSTEELE: This whole dog and pony show that we're about to witness today is something that should have taken place a year ago, when the administration first came in last February and laid out its agenda for health care. This is how you should have started it—bipartisan, public forum, CSPAN, your cameras rolling to capture this and to capture, most importantly, what the American people want. And right now, they want us to start over, and I think we should.

TODD: Chairman Steele, in fairness to them, I mean, it was a year ago that they actually had a summit.

GUTHRIE: On March 5th.

TODD: And it wasn't just the legislative leaders. They brought in folks from the industry as well. And that one was televised. So... does that one not count? I'm just curious.

STEELE: Well, apparently it didn't. Because we don't have health care.

Sure... Catching Michael Steele in a bit of fact-free clowning is a low bar, but I'll take what we can get.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
Either McCain is flat-out lying or he should never be allowed to vote on legislation again...

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/mccain-wait----tarp-was-targeted-at-wall-st-who-knew.php
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/mccain-it-wasnt-just-me----america-was-misled-on-tarp-video.php

Mendacious or monumentally incurious. Pick your poison.

Either way, he's an incoherent bag of backpedaling Not President.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
TPD...

http://washingtonindependent.com/77854/latest-conservative-smear-calls-justice-dept-lawyers-terror-sympathizers
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0310/Cheney_group_questions_loyalty_of_Justice_lawyers.html

Is there anything about our American system of jurisprudence that Republican assholes like Chuck Grassley and Liz Cheney won't shit on?

Why do they hate our freedom?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2010, 05:48:10 PM »
Freedom to do what?  I never follow any of the links in here.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2010, 05:59:34 PM »
Quote from: JD on March 02, 2010, 05:48:10 PM

OUR FREEDOM TO BE AMERICAN

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2010, 06:07:57 PM »

This thread needs something to spruce it up. I know!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 28, 2010, 01:31:46 PM
Either McCain is flat-out lying or he should never be allowed to vote on legislation again...

I'll give him credit for pissing off Big Herba with the Dietary Supplement Safety Act.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 06:07:57 PM

Agreed.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on March 02, 2010, 08:12:07 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 02, 2010, 06:07:57 PM

Agreed.

Holee crap.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »
HOUSEGUEST   MARSHA GETS HER SUIT COVERED IN MESSY FOAM   MARSHA WARFIELD   MOVIE   1995 68501  USA
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 02, 2010, 09:04:42 PM
HOUSEGUEST   MARSHA GETS HER SUIT COVERED IN MESSY FOAM   MARSHA WARFIELD   MOVIE   1995 68501  USA

MARKIE POST  HEARTS AFIRE  (MK173)  MARKIE GETS IN BUBBLE BATH IN BLACK EVENING DRESS  TV      1992 MK32   USA
MARKIE POST  DEAD RUN               MARKIE IN A SILVER EVENING DRESS IN THE RAIN       TVMOVIE 1994 9106   USA
MARKIE POST  HEARTS AFFIRE          MARKIE GETS MESSY CAKE ICING ON HER FACE           TV      1994 130604 USA

"WAMTEC, the Wet & Messy Tape Club."

Darkest corner yet?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 09:10:59 PM
HOUSEGUEST   MARSHA GETS HER SUIT COVERED IN MESSY FOAM   MARSHA WARFIELD   MOVIE   1995 68501  USA

MARKIE POST  HEARTS AFIRE  (MK173)  MARKIE GETS IN BUBBLE BATH IN BLACK EVENING DRESS  TV      1992 MK32   USA
MARKIE POST  DEAD RUN               MARKIE IN A SILVER EVENING DRESS IN THE RAIN       TVMOVIE 1994 9106   USA
MARKIE POST  HEARTS AFFIRE          MARKIE GETS MESSY CAKE ICING ON HER FACE           TV      1994 130604 USA

Darkest corner yet?

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 03, 2010, 08:12:45 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 09:10:59 PM

Darkest corner yet?

Ooh. "Conceptual art." Fancy.

QuoteUnseen is a homage to the tragic events of September 11, 2001. The twin boys symbolize the twin towers: happy, innocent and vulnerable to the unseen storm approaching behind them. Arising from the storm are the contrails of two planes - one already turning towards them. In the upper right is a crescent moon symbolizing Islam. On the opposite side of the painting are telephone poles that form crucifixes symbolizing Christianity. The piece is signed 911.

Original painting NOT FOR SALE
Limited Edition Photographic Print, 7in x 13in, Single Matt $50

Conceptual.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
I appreciate the explanation of the concept.  Before I read it I had an entirely different conception, and it wasn't immaculate.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)