News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,711 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #990 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 26, 2010, 12:39:19 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 26, 2010, 12:25:44 PM

So, if Obama wants to run in 2012 as a fiscal conservative, can he, by your statement, not be constrained by his prior actions?  What is to prevent him from campaigning as this, per your articulation?  Can't he just say, "that was the old Obama, this is the new Obama."  

Principles only mean something when they are inconvenient to yourself.  If someone in your party, either the President or some school board member in Bumfuck, Mississippi, isn't abiding by your principles, then call them out.  Same goes for the Democrats.  If principles mean anything, stand by them, not just when the locks changes on the White House doors.  

Actions mean more than words.

What do you want?  Do you want me to just agree that everyone in government is always going to increase spending?  Or can I hope that at least one of the parties can control itself at some future point?  I don't understand what you are getting at, other than saying "those guys voted for entitlements back in 2004 or whenever, therefore they cannot be against increased entitlements now."

I was against Part D in 2004.  Does that make my views today acceptable?

Honest question, do you ever get sick of having the politicians you are given the choice to elect let you down? I suppose this could be addressed to anyone, not just Morph.

I know I lean left but I don't consider myself a democrat by any means. In that vein, I'm continually annoyed with/disappointed in/fed up with people from all parties. I realize the only way to shape the country the way you'd like to see it is to be active and vote and that's great. It just seems to me that if your guys get in office they don't do what they promised/what you voted for. If the other guys get in, they don't help you either.

Seems like there's never a winner in this stuff. Hence, disillusionment. I really enjoy reading about history and how things got to be the way they are. With that, you'd think I'd be more interested in helping shape current policy. Truth is, it's just too frustrating to get over involved.

I will finish this misplaced mini-rant by saying that I appreciate you and TJ and anyone else who isn't Mike C or his alter-ego Freakmaster giving your differing point of views without resorting to...well...the shit Mike C posts.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #991 on: March 26, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »

So, if Obama wants to run in 2012 as a fiscal conservative, can he, by your statement, not be constrained by his prior actions?  What is to prevent him from campaigning as this, per your articulation?  Can't he just say, "that was the old Obama, this is the new Obama."  

Principles only mean something when they are inconvenient to yourself.  If someone in your party, either the President or some school board member in Bumfuck, Mississippi, isn't abiding by your principles, then call them out.  Same goes for the Democrats.  If principles mean anything, stand by them, not just when the locks changes on the White House doors.  

What do you want?  Do you want me to just agree that everyone in government is always going to increase spending?  Or can I hope that at least one of the parties can control itself at some future point?  I don't understand what you are getting at, other than saying "those guys voted for entitlements back in 2004 or whenever, therefore they cannot be against increased entitlements now."

An accord has been reached in the SBox.  Any further appearance of disagreement is incorrect.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #992 on: March 26, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 26, 2010, 12:50:03 PM

An accord has been reached in the SBox.  Any further appearance of disagreement is incorrect.

I agree with Gil's agreement.  Sink the Bismarcks all around!
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #993 on: March 26, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 26, 2010, 12:48:42 PM

Honest question, do you ever get sick of having the politicians you are given the choice to elect let you down? I suppose this could be addressed to anyone, not just Morph.

I have been let down by politicians more than I have been let down by Cubs' prospects, Cubs' free agent signings, July 31 trades, the Cubs' bullpen, the Bears' QBs, Indiana Hoosiers' recruiting classes, and IU basketball's postseason performances over the past 15 years combined.

Meanwhile, the Nork's sunk a South Korean boat today. Let's hope the President and his people (including the Bush appointee Robert Gates) don't let us down should this turn into a shitfest of biblical proportions.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #994 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
What do you want?  Do you want me to just agree that everyone in government is always going to increase spending?  Or can I hope that at least one of the parties can control itself at some future point?

A) You can hope for this, but favoring one party to do so just because they say they want to do it when their actions show they don't is silly; and

B) If you really have this hope, can I ask if you bring baloney sandwiches into the voting booth with you?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #995 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2010, 12:56:03 PM

I have been let down by politicians more than I have been let down by Cubs' prospects, Cubs' free agent signings, July 31 trades, the Cubs' bullpen, the Bears' QBs, Indiana Hoosiers' recruiting classes, and IU basketball's postseason performances over the past 15 years combined.

Meanwhile, the Nork's sunk a South Korean boat today. Let's hope the President and his people (including the Bush appointee Robert Gates) don't let us down should this turn into a shitfest of biblical proportions.

THIS
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #996 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 26, 2010, 12:56:03 PM

You had me at Cubs prospects.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #997 on: March 26, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

I know I lean left but I don't consider myself a democrat by any means. In that vein, I'm continually annoyed with/disappointed in/fed up with people from all parties. I realize the only way to shape the country the way you'd like to see it is to be active and vote and that's great. It just seems to me that if your guys get in office they don't do what they promised/what you voted for. If the other guys get in, they don't help you either.

Seems like there's never a winner in this stuff. Hence, disillusionment. I really enjoy reading about history and how things got to be the way they are. With that, you'd think I'd be more interested in helping shape current policy. Truth is, it's just too frustrating to get over involved.

I will finish this misplaced mini-rant by saying that I appreciate you and TJ and anyone else who isn't Mike C or his alter-ego Freakmaster giving your differing point of views without resorting to...well...the shit Mike C posts.

I actually agree with most of what you wrote.

I post the way i do now because its fun to be on the other end nit picking the shit out of your party like you guys did to Republicans over the last 8 years. I love posting stuff that shows your politicians as scumbags, liars, and portrays them as corrupt as shit. You guys got the ball, you guys can now do it way you said you were going to do it. Be the Democrats haven't done jack shit about corruption, they just have doubled down and been twice a sneaky and corrupt.

I will keep flinging the mud, because its fun to expose the hypocrisy of your views and stances when you decry a Republican, but let a Democrat slip by. I get amusement out of it, you guys just get pissy and moan and attack me instead of addressing why Mr. Obama is saying one thing and doing another. Slap each other on the ass some more, if it makes you feel better at night.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #998 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on March 26, 2010, 02:54:03 PM

I post the way i do now because its fun to be on the other end nit picking the shit out of your party like you guys did to Republicans over the last 8 years. I love posting stuff that shows your politicians as scumbags, liars, and portrays them as corrupt as shit. You guys got the ball, you guys can now do it way you said you were going to do it. Be the Democrats haven't done jack shit about corruption, they just have doubled down and been twice a sneaky and corrupt.

I will keep flinging the mud, because its fun to expose the hypocrisy of your views and stances when you decry a Republican, but let a Democrat slip by. I get amusement out of it, you guys just get pissy and moan and attack me instead of addressing why Mr. Obama is saying one thing and doing another. Slap each other on the ass some more, if it makes you feel better at night.

Ass slappin' feels good any time of the day. Doesn't have to be night time.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #999 on: March 26, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »

You come off as an angry mother who can do nothing but scream and yell at the other side, which really seems what most of the Republican party has turned into. I have no real positive feelings towards them. I seem to remember that during 2001-2009 Republicans would kind of give Dems shit because they just sounded like a shrill crowd who wouldn't be pleased with anything and were a bunch of pissy fucks. Now that the tables are turned, that's what I see my Republican Party as, and you seem to just add fuel to the fire. Sure, there are some Morphs and TJs out there, but not as many as we need, and the ones who get the press, sure as hell aren't those guys. It's the MikeC's of this side. I would think Republicans should be smarter than this. You can post how you want but until you seem to want to actually have intelligent discussion about the matter, no one will take your shit seriously, nor will they stop mocking the posts and grammatical issues.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1000 on: March 26, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 26, 2010, 03:04:12 PM

You come off as an angry mother who can do nothing but scream and yell at the other side, which really seems what most of the Republican party has turned into. I have no real positive feelings towards them. I seem to remember that during 2001-2009 Republicans would kind of give Dems shit because they just sounded like a shrill crowd who wouldn't be pleased with anything and were a bunch of pissy fucks. Now that the tables are turned, that's what I see my Republican Party as, and you seem to just add fuel to the fire. Sure, there are some Morphs and TJs out there, but not as many as we need, and the ones who get the press, sure as hell aren't those guys. It's the MikeC's of this side. I would think Republicans should be smarter than this. You can post how you want but until you seem to want to actually have intelligent discussion about the matter, no one will take your shit seriously, nor will they stop mocking the posts and grammatical issues.

You got more than a sympathy hanj coming to you now, friend.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1001 on: March 26, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »

I notice that no where in there is anything about having an actual conversation.

In other words, you like to call people names and run away.

Moron or coward.  Which are you?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1002 on: March 26, 2010, 03:08:58 PM »
The problem with MikeC is that he just parrots whichever blog got his blood boiling that day, and rarely, if ever, addresses the counterpoint.

Unlike the other Conservatives on The Only Site You'll Ever Need, I think he'd be sunk in actual dialogue.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1003 on: March 26, 2010, 03:14:04 PM »
You guys got the ball, you guys can now do it way you said you were going to do it.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1004 on: March 26, 2010, 03:20:27 PM »

Speaking of which ... An open letter to conservatives
M'lady.