News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,672 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 28, 2010, 09:19:33 AM
Something I find pretty disappointing is that, even with a super majority, it took more than a year to accomplish one big goal.  If it takes that long with that SM, how can they possibly do anything once they've lost control of Congress?

It is the Democratic Party, what were you expecting?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1021 on: March 28, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
QuoteDo you guys notice that we have the best discussion here when we talk about ideas and policies rather than about politicians and people?  And, that Mike C always prefers to talk about politicians and people rather than about ideas or policy?  I mean, I'm still not sure what he believes in.  Maybe that's for the best.

I am more than willing to talk about ideas and policies, but when i bring up something uncomfortable it devolves into an insult a Republican-a-thon, rather than talking about why that current decision is being made and what are the consequences. On the same note you have to talk about the people and the politicians because they are the ones driving their ideas and policy. They both go hand in hand.

This should get a chuckle from everyone as it revisits an old point of disagreement with media bias.

CNN reported, "hundreds of people at least dozens" showed up for the SearchLight Tea Party, check out the photos, then try and figure out how a network with dismal ratings can't get people to watch them. 

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/cnn-on-size-of-todays-searchlight-tea-party-rally-hundreds-of-people-at-least-dozens/

Nope no media bias there.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on March 28, 2010, 10:26:12 AM
I am more than willing to talk about ideas and policies, but when i bring up something uncomfortable it devolves into an insult a Republican-a-thon, rather than talking about why that current decision is being made and what are the consequences. On the same note you have to talk about the people and the politicians because they are the ones driving their ideas and policy. They both go hand in hand.

This should get a chuckle from everyone as it revisits an old point of disagreement with media bias.

CNN reported, "hundreds of people at least dozens" showed up for the SearchLight Tea Party, check out the photos, then try and figure out how a network with dismal ratings can't get people to watch them.

So, you're "willing to talk about ideas," and the first thing you do to demonstrate this is start hee-hawing over fucking cable TV news ratings?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2010, 05:53:27 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 28, 2010, 11:08:29 AM
Quote from: MikeC on March 28, 2010, 10:26:12 AM

So, you're "willing to talk about ideas," and the first thing you do to demonstrate this is start hee-hawing over fucking cable TV news ratings?

It's a build-up. I'm sure next he'll offer conjecture as to how the Tea Partiers will feel once they figure out they've been had by the likes of Dick Armey - how their platform of "keeping Government out of our lives" will devolve into the usual talking points, such as "protecting marriage".

Then maybe he'll also add the cruel irony of how the TPers will react once they've been preached to about the size and wastefulness of Government by...John Boehner?

Perhaps he'll add how cutting taxes while increasing defense spending leads to skyrocketing National debt.

Let's see how it all plays out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1024 on: March 29, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »
DPD.

Damn, I'm gonna miss this guy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1025 on: March 29, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 29, 2010, 12:54:54 PM
DPD.

You pissed he didn't bring you along?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1026 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 29, 2010, 01:20:59 PM
DPD.

Does Voyeur have lunch specials?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1027 on: March 29, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 29, 2010, 01:37:06 PM
DPD.

This is going to lead to a joke about me, I know it.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1028 on: March 29, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 29, 2010, 01:59:07 PM
DPD.

Lead to?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1029 on: March 29, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
I know what this thread is missing: religion!

Quote"Should the pope resign?"

No. As the College of Cardinals must have recognized when they elected him, he is perfectly - ideally - qualified to lead the Roman Catholic Church. A leering old villain in a frock, who spent decades conspiring behind closed doors for the position he now holds; a man who believes he is infallible and acts the part; a man whose preaching of scientific falsehood is responsible for the deaths of countless AIDS victims in Africa; a man whose first instinct when his priests are caught with their pants down is to cover up the scandal and damn the young victims to silence: in short, exactly the right man for the job. He should not resign, moreover, because he is perfectly positioned to accelerate the downfall of the evil, corrupt organization whose character he fits like a glove, and of which he is the absolute and historically appropriate monarch.

No, Pope Ratzinger should not resign. He should remain in charge of the whole rotten edifice - the whole profiteering, woman-fearing, guilt-gorging, truth-hating, child-raping institution - while it tumbles, amid a stench of incense and a rain of tourist-kitsch sacred hearts and preposterously crowned virgins, about his ears.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1030 on: March 29, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 29, 2010, 04:06:27 PM

The only thing more irritating than Richard "Memes" Dawkins is his traveling sycophantic choir.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1031 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »

Quote"Should the pope resign?"

No. As the College of Cardinals must have recognized when they elected him, he is perfectly - ideally - qualified to lead the Roman Catholic Church. A leering old villain in a frock, who spent decades conspiring behind closed doors for the position he now holds; a man who believes he is infallible and acts the part; a man whose preaching of scientific falsehood is responsible for the deaths of countless AIDS victims in Africa; a man whose first instinct when his priests are caught with their pants down is to cover up the scandal and damn the young victims to silence: in short, exactly the right man for the job. He should not resign, moreover, because he is perfectly positioned to accelerate the downfall of the evil, corrupt organization whose character he fits like a glove, and of which he is the absolute and historically appropriate monarch.

No, Pope Ratzinger should not resign. He should remain in charge of the whole rotten edifice - the whole profiteering, woman-fearing, guilt-gorging, truth-hating, child-raping institution - while it tumbles, amid a stench of incense and a rain of tourist-kitsch sacred hearts and preposterously crowned virgins, about his ears.

Yes. This is what will bring down the Papacy and the Catholic Church. Not the Iron Curtain, not the whole "Holocaust, What Holocaust?" stance, not the dissolution of the Holy Roman Empire, not the fall of the Papal States, not the Inquisition or the Reformation. This. Thank you, Richard Dawkins.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1032 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 29, 2010, 04:15:25 PM

The only thing more irritating than Richard "Memes" Dawkins is his traveling sycophantic choir.

This.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1033 on: March 29, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 29, 2010, 02:26:31 PM
DPD.

Lead to?

Adding...

Just read this line:

QuoteThe RNC's declaration of spending at West Hollywood strip club Voyeur. Under "purpose of disbursement," Republican officials put: "Meals".

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1034 on: March 29, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 29, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 29, 2010, 02:26:31 PM
DPD.

Lead to?

Adding...

Just read this line:

QuoteThe RNC's declaration of spending at West Hollywood strip club Voyeur. Under "purpose of disbursement," Republican officials put: "Meals".

I could learn a thing or two from these fiscally conservative, family friendly, Republicans.

I could learn a great deal...
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.