News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 606,971 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #3765 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 28, 2011, 09:54:30 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 09:50:15 AM
QuoteA 28-year-old man has been charged with murder after telling police that he stoned a 70-year-old man to death for making homosexual advances toward him, authorities say.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42158884/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/

QuoteThomas reportedly told authorities that he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death. When Seidman allegedly made homosexual advances toward him over a period of time, Thomas said he received a message in his prayers that he must end Seidman's life, according to court documents.

ORLY?

QuoteThough the relationship is still unknown, Thomas was the sole executor of Seidman's will and knew how much money was in Seidman's bank accounts, police say.

So was "I stoned him because he was gay" supposed to be his cover story for "I murdered him for his money"? Who was the shitty lawyer that didn't tell him that both were horrible?

*slaps Gil*
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3766 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
QuoteA 28-year-old man has been charged with murder after telling police that he stoned a 70-year-old man to death for making homosexual advances toward him, authorities say.

QuoteThomas reportedly told authorities that he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death. When Seidman allegedly made homosexual advances toward him over a period of time, Thomas said he received a message in his prayers that he must end Seidman's life, according to court documents.

ORLY?

QuoteThough the relationship is still unknown, Thomas was the sole executor of Seidman's will and knew how much money was in Seidman's bank accounts, police say.

So was "I stoned him because he was gay" supposed to be his cover story for "I murdered him for his money"? Who was the shitty lawyer that didn't tell him that both were horrible?

The bible told him to do it. Leaders are elected because they act on the bible's literal interpretations. He's obviously innocent.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3767 on: March 28, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 28, 2011, 07:50:32 AM
Quote from: Tonker on March 28, 2011, 04:23:07 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 01:09:15 AM
I genuinely don't know what to say about this article; chilling stuff: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-kill-team-20110327?page=1

Yeah, you know that death penalty discussion?  I'm prepared to make an exception for anybody who can pose for celebratory photographs with the body of the child they just killed.  I swear to God, I can't remember the last time anything made me this angry.  Fuck those pricks, I hope they rot in hell.

Fuck.

PTSD is a motherfucker. I can't know what these guys went through to make them that sick but I doubt it can be adequately covered in the lede sentence with "six months of hard (||) soldiering" (Parentheses are mine.)

This ain't PTSD.  These guys are just fucking monsters.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3768 on: March 28, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 28, 2011, 10:21:04 AM
I genuinely don't know what to say about this article; chilling stuff: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-kill-team-20110327?page=1

Yeah, you know that death penalty discussion?  I'm prepared to make an exception for anybody who can pose for celebratory photographs with the body of the child they just killed.  I swear to God, I can't remember the last time anything made me this angry.  Fuck those pricks, I hope they rot in hell.

Fuck.

PTSD is a motherfucker. I can't know what these guys went through to make them that sick but I doubt it can be adequately covered in the lede sentence with "six months of hard (||) soldiering" (Parentheses are mine.)

I completely agree with TEC here.  Calling this PTSD does two things: (1) it demeans the people who actually have PTSD and (2) it glosses over what these horrible people did in the name of the United States.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3769 on: March 28, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 28, 2011, 10:31:51 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 28, 2011, 10:21:04 AM

Fuck.

I completely agree with TEC here.  Calling this PTSD does two things: (1) it demeans the people who actually have PTSD and (2) it glosses over what these horrible people did in the name of the United States.

Fair enough.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3770 on: March 28, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 28, 2011, 09:57:01 AM

ORLY?

*slaps Gil*

Intrepid Reader: Oleg

What's wrong with being stoned?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3771 on: March 28, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 28, 2011, 01:51:24 PM

ORLY?

*slaps Gil*

Que Bob Dylan?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3772 on: March 28, 2011, 04:55:43 PM »
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/03/24/donald-trump-wants-to-see-barack-obama-s-long-form-birth-certificate.aspx

QuoteLater, he doubts the two 1961 newspaper clippings announcing the birth of Obama, because he's "seen fraud" before -- a rationale that I could use to develop a theory that "Donald Trump" is actually a PCP-addicted gardener, on the run from the Federales for a crime he didn't commit, who kidnapped the real Donald Trump in 2004 and stole his identity.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3773 on: March 28, 2011, 05:50:47 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 28, 2011, 02:09:56 PM
Quote from: morpheus on March 28, 2011, 01:51:24 PM

ORLY?

*slaps Gil*

Que Bob Dylan?

Or Willie Nelson's latest prosecutor.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3774 on: March 29, 2011, 06:05:35 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 28, 2011, 04:55:43 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/03/24/donald-trump-wants-to-see-barack-obama-s-long-form-birth-certificate.aspx

QuoteLater, he doubts the two 1961 newspaper clippings announcing the birth of Obama, because he's "seen fraud" before -- a rationale that I could use to develop a theory that "Donald Trump" is actually a PCP-addicted gardener, on the run from the Federales for a crime he didn't commit, who kidnapped the real Donald Trump in 2004 and stole his identity.

I used to actually not hate teh Donald, but his ditching of any sensible moderation in favor of the right wing's lowest common denominator is as transparent and cynical as it is wrong.  Fuck this ruh-tard and his dumbass wig.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3775 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:33 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2011, 06:05:35 AM

I used to actually not hate teh Donald, but his ditching of any sensible moderation in favor of the right wing's lowest common denominator is as transparent and cynical as it is wrong.  Fuck this ruh-tard and his dumbass wig.

Yeah, up until this Donald Trump was always the guy I turned to for an informed opinion in troubled times. Huh?

Anywho, the plot thickens...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/03/29/where-was-donald-trump-born.aspx

QuoteThe Smoking Gun points out the not-so-obvious: This is not a "long-form birth certificate," the proof of citizenship that birthers demand from Barack Obama. It's a copy of the certificate from the hospital that features contemporary signatures from physicians. How's this different from the certification of live birth that Barack Obama provided on FightTheSmears.com in 2008? Obama's certification was a state document (there was a long, tedious, and unsuccessful effort to prove that it was forged), but didn't contain contemporary signatures or a baby's footprint. Trump's certificate is from the hospital, not the state, so it's not really an official document.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3776 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 29, 2011, 08:32:33 AM

Yeah, up until this Donald Trump was always the guy I turned to for an informed opinion in troubled times. Huh?

The important thing to remember is that Huey is neither a meatball nor a contrarian.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3777 on: March 29, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

Can't you tell a wig from a flamboyant orange comb-over?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3778 on: March 30, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
TARPfail and HAMPfail.

QuoteThough there is no question that the country benefited by avoiding a meltdown of the financial system, this cannot be the only yardstick by which TARP's legacy is measured. The legislation that created TARP, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, had far broader goals, including protecting home values and preserving homeownership.

These Main Street-oriented goals were not, as the Treasury Department is now suggesting, mere window dressing that needed only to be taken "into account." Rather, they were a central part of the compromise with reluctant members of Congress to cast a vote that in many cases proved to be political suicide.

The act's emphasis on preserving homeownership was particularly vital to passage. Congress was told that TARP would be used to purchase up to $700 billion of mortgages, and, to obtain the necessary votes, Treasury promised that it would modify those mortgages to assist struggling homeowners. Indeed, the act expressly directs the department to do just that.

But it has done little to abide by this legislative bargain. Almost immediately, as permitted by the broad language of the act, Treasury's plan for TARP shifted from the purchase of mortgages to the infusion of hundreds of billions of dollars into the nation's largest financial institutions, a shift that came with the express promise that it would restore lending.

Treasury, however, provided the money to banks with no effective policy or effort to compel the extension of credit. There were no strings attached: no requirement or even incentive to increase lending to home buyers, and against our strong recommendation, not even a request that banks report how they used TARP funds. It was only in April of last year, in response to recommendations from our office, that Treasury asked banks to provide that information, well after the largest banks had already repaid their loans. It was therefore no surprise that lending did not increase but rather continued to decline well into the recovery.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3779 on: March 30, 2011, 08:50:37 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 30, 2011, 08:37:56 AM
TARPfail and HAMPfail.

QuoteThough there is no question that the country benefited by avoiding a meltdown of the financial system, this cannot be the only yardstick by which TARP's legacy is measured. The legislation that created TARP, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, had far broader goals, including protecting home values and preserving homeownership.

These Main Street-oriented goals were not, as the Treasury Department is now suggesting, mere window dressing that needed only to be taken "into account." Rather, they were a central part of the compromise with reluctant members of Congress to cast a vote that in many cases proved to be political suicide.

The act's emphasis on preserving homeownership was particularly vital to passage. Congress was told that TARP would be used to purchase up to $700 billion of mortgages, and, to obtain the necessary votes, Treasury promised that it would modify those mortgages to assist struggling homeowners. Indeed, the act expressly directs the department to do just that.

But it has done little to abide by this legislative bargain. Almost immediately, as permitted by the broad language of the act, Treasury's plan for TARP shifted from the purchase of mortgages to the infusion of hundreds of billions of dollars into the nation's largest financial institutions, a shift that came with the express promise that it would restore lending.

Treasury, however, provided the money to banks with no effective policy or effort to compel the extension of credit. There were no strings attached: no requirement or even incentive to increase lending to home buyers, and against our strong recommendation, not even a request that banks report how they used TARP funds. It was only in April of last year, in response to recommendations from our office, that Treasury asked banks to provide that information, well after the largest banks had already repaid their loans. It was therefore no surprise that lending did not increase but rather continued to decline well into the recovery.

Where's the money, Chuck?  Where is it?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs