News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  ( 9,979 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Mass Effect 2
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:04 AM »
Who is getting it tomorrow?  It looks pretty epic.  I loved the first one, despite the terribly boring side missions.  Apparently, they fixed almost all of the bad stuff and added a bunch of good stuff.  Hooray!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 25, 2010, 11:26:04 AM
Who is getting it tomorrow?  It looks pretty epic.  I loved the first one, despite the terribly boring side missions.  Apparently, they fixed almost all of the bad stuff and added a bunch of good stuff.  Hooray!

I'm thinking about getting a used copy of Dirt 2 for the Wii from my local Hastings instead.  Anyone heard anything good about that one?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

Does "bad stuff" include how my teammates always fucking die 10 seconds into a firefight leaving me to take out 15 guys by myself? I've been playing this a bit lately and that's what keeps happening.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »

I'm picking it up tomorrow.  The first one was amazing, despite those side missions, some technical issues, and a pretty terrible inventory system.  All three of those will apparently be fixed, plus it'll be even more epic and have more alien sex!  And a character modeled after Yvonne Strahovski, which approaches the incredibly creepy, uncanny valley territory:

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 25, 2010, 11:34:09 AM

I'm picking it up tomorrow.  The first one was amazing, despite those side missions, some technical issues, and a pretty terrible inventory system.  All three of those will apparently be fixed, plus it'll be even more epic and have more alien sex!  And a character modeled after Yvonne Strahovski, which approaches the incredibly creepy, uncanny valley territory:

Why are her boobs so saggy?  Did she just have a baby?  Is that a spoiler?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »

Not me.  If I can't fight as 'Merican soldiers and call in AC130s, I ain't interested.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
Just thought I'd add, for anyone interested in buying this game at some point, make sure you get a new copy.  BioWare's plan for (what seems like) all of their new games is to make all DLC free if you buy the copy new instead of used.  When you get a new copy for ME2, you get a code to join "The Cerberus Network" for free, which is where you get all the different DLC, including a new character and some new items that are available at launch.  If you get a used copy, however, you have to pay $15 to join that network.  That's still a good deal considering it gives you all the DLC available, but then you're not really saving any of the money from the used copy. 

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 26, 2010, 08:43:03 AM
Just thought I'd add, for anyone interested in buying this game at some point, make sure you get a new copy.  BioWare's plan for (what seems like) all of their new games is to make all DLC free if you buy the copy new instead of used.  When you get a new copy for ME2, you get a code to join "The Cerberus Network" for free, which is where you get all the different DLC, including a new character and some new items that are available at launch.  If you get a used copy, however, you have to pay $15 to join that network.  That's still a good deal considering it gives you all the DLC available, but then you're not really saving any of the money from the used copy. 

Unless, of course, you buy the used copy for less than $45.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 08:58:57 AM

IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »

You ain't buyin' Dirt 2, BK.  We're talkin' ME2(!).  Well, you guys are.  I'm still talkin' 'bout Dirt 2 and I seem to be the only one doing so.  So what's up?  You guys don't like dirt or you don't like the number 2?  Because this thing has BOTH.  IN the title.  Titularly speaking, I find myself intrigued.  The Subaru "getting air" on the cover also does nothing to quash my intrigue-i-gation.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

When you find a used copy of a brand spanking new game for $45, let me know.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 26, 2010, 11:58:30 AM

Nice job, PANK.  I'm just pointing out that Weebs' logic is as retardedly flawed as it normally is.  Also, I just found Assassin's Creed 2 brand spanking new for $40 not too long after its release.  A little patience pays off.  Or $40 in Best Buy rewards, like I'm using later today.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 12:19:32 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 26, 2010, 11:58:30 AM

Nice job, PANK.  I'm just pointing out that Weebs' logic is as retardedly flawed as it normally is.  Also, I just found Assassin's Creed 2 brand spanking new for $40 not too long after its release.  A little patience pays off.  Or $40 in Best Buy rewards, like I'm using later today.

When a used copy of a game is down to $45 or less, especially one as high-profile as ME2, generally you'll be able to find it new for a similar price, or at least within $15 of the used price.  And if you find it brand new for $40, like you did with AC2, why even bother looking for a used copy?  I can't imagine, at least until about a year or two down the road, that you'll find a used copy of ME2 at least $15 less than you'll find it new somewhere.  You definitely won't find it that cheap at Gamestop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:31:47 PM »
I could play Fallout 3 for the next year and not get sick of it. So much fun. I'm going to rely on some good stories from you guys to let me know if this game is any good.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 26, 2010, 01:31:47 PM
I could play Fallout 3 for the next year and not get sick of it. So much fun. I'm going to rely on some good stories from you guys to let me know if this game is any good.

Skip over Weebs', then, and just read mine.  They'll be AWESOME.