News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious  ( 31,914 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 10:23:46 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 27, 2010, 06:15:34 PM
DPD. I just got a call from Chase telling me that my debit card number may have been compromised and that they're replacing it. No theft has occurred.

How weird!

Looks like someone got ahold of my American Express number and bought lots of air tickets.

Its an epidemic
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 28, 2010, 08:05:02 PM

It's now funny to me how that earlier Julie thread was bumped, and Andy's Kathy & Judy gag sailed over everyone's head.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »
QuoteThe event was unlike anything Kevin had ever seen. That's saying a lot for the man who was named "Pig Virus" by Howard Stern.

"It was like a parade of characters," Kevin said later. "You never knew what they were going to say next."

We think that's a good thing--both online and off.

So that's why we are inviting everyone to join us for a ChicagoNow meet-up. This Thursday, Feb. 18 we will gather for drinks starting at 6 p.m. at the Clark Street Ale House. The bar is located at 742 N. Clark and a short walk from the Chicago Ave. stop on the Red Line.

If you want to meet some of our bloggers or talk to the staff about starting your own blog on ChicagoNow, do drop by.

Sounds wonderful!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »
DPD.  If this got approved, your ideas should be shoo-ins!

Edited to add: Holy shit is this chick pathetic.  I just can't understand why she's still single.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Will ChicagoNow live to celebrate its first anniversary?

Also, Blair Kamin sounds like a prick. That said, I have no idea who Chicago Carless is.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on March 02, 2010, 09:42:27 AM
Also, Blair Kamin sounds like a prick.

Sure does. Wow.

Still probably the Trib's best critic.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 02, 2010, 09:48:10 AM

Sure does. Wow.

Dunno.  I've talked to Blair about a local not-for-profit project and he did a great job writing that project up.  He was very polite and gracious on the phone to me considering he didn't know me and I was asking for a favor.

Funny that there's no link to that early blog post when the blogger disagreed with Kamin.  I'd love to see the other side of this story.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 02, 2010, 09:57:30 AM

Sure does. Wow.

Dunno.  I've talked to Blair about a local not-for-profit project and he did a great job writing that project up.  He was very polite and gracious on the phone to me considering he didn't know me and I was asking for a favor.

Funny that there's no link to that early blog post when the blogger disagreed with Kamin.  I'd love to see the other side of this story.

This guy said archives disappear after a certain amount of time.

What ChicagoCarless probably doesn't understand is that the writing on ChicagoNow is shitty. Throw in technical problems, half-assed support from the parent company, and a setup that fosters us vs. them (i.e. writers for the paper vs. bloggers), and you have a venture that won't go anywhere.

Then again, with Greenfi running it, what could go wrong?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Sure does. Wow.

Okay, Dave Kaplan.  He was nice to you, so he must be a cool guy?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on March 02, 2010, 10:02:30 AM

Sure does. Wow.

This guy said archives disappear after a certain amount of time.

What ChicagoCarless probably doesn't understand is that the writing on ChicagoNow is shitty. Throw in technical problems, half-assed support from the parent company, and a setup that fosters us vs. them (i.e. writers for the paper vs. bloggers), and you have a venture that won't go anywhere.

Then again, with Greenfi running it, what could go wrong?

I think that's directly related to the shit he's complaining about.

They seem to have thought that, simply by stuffing the channel with hundreds of shitty blogs, they could automatically generate enough money-making traffic to never have to worry about quality or bothering to hire a single dedicated developer.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I have April 12 in the Chicagonow.com death pool.

And by "death" I also mean "certain blogs repurposed onto other TribCo sites."

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
A monthly payment to Yeti for inside information.
And Twinkies.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
How much do senses of humor cost these days?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on March 02, 2010, 12:26:09 PM

That would make her bank suspicious.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on March 02, 2010, 12:26:09 PM

I don't get it.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche