News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,618 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 03, 2010, 10:22:28 AM
Take the second round pick.  Stiffler sucks, and I'm tired of Cutler going out of his way to turn shit into shinola just because he's his bro.

Dude, Where's My Garbanzo Bean Salad?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 03, 2010, 10:30:58 AM
Quote from: MAD on March 03, 2010, 10:22:28 AM
Take the second round pick.  Stiffler sucks, and I'm tired of Cutler going out of his way to turn shit into shinola just because he's his bro.

Dude, Where's My Garbanzo Bean Salad?

It's in the Wanntstedt Theory of Irrelevant Parking Garages, D'UR.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
What irks me about the possible trading of Olsen is that next year they're going to be without a coaching staff and one more competent player. How does Mike Martz, the 45th choice of the Bears to coach, come in and just run off Olsen? Seems pretty lame. Olsen's a bitch and Martz is a stubborn asshole. I'm annoyed.

FWIW, they said on the Score last night that Kampman has already made a decision on who he's signing with and it isn't the Bears.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2010, 10:38:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 03, 2010, 09:55:29 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 03, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
A good coach tailors his system to his personnel, especially his good personnel. He resists the temptation to shed good personnel for shitty personnel just so it fits his idealized system.

The Bears have good players and shitty players. Unfortunately, they lack a good coach.

How many coaches actually do that?  Parcells and...?

Don Shula
Chuck Noll
Tom Landry
Weeb Ewbank
Bill Cowher
Marty Schottenheimer
Jon Gruden

Oh, you're looking for current coaches?
Wade Phillips
Andy Reid
Bill Bellichick
Tom Coughlin (waiting for Fork's angry response)
Mike McCarthy
Mike Tomlin (as Shooter mentioned)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 03, 2010, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 10:20:35 AM
Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender.

You don't think signing, say, Kampman/Peppers and Rolle/Sharper would add 2-3 wins from last year?  What about if they manage to shore up the o-line a bit?  If they're willing to spend some money this offseason (and it sounds like they are), I think they definitely could be a playoff "contender."  It's not like they went 2-14 last year.

I don't buy that they're willing to spend money this offseason. I think they'll say that until they can portray those guys as asking for a ludicrous amount of money and hope that you're content that they tried. If they made all of those moves then yeah, they could improve, but I'm positive they're just blowing smoke up my ass.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 03, 2010, 10:13:12 AM
I don't know about Olsen. I would say he's a pretty good tight end, but not this game changing elite tight end that the Bears seemed to believe. If the Bears could get a second rounder I'd say make the trade.

If we're talking about a competent GM here. I realize ten minutes ago I just said it was a good deal, but I'm changing my mind. Angelo would find a way, in one of the most promising drafts in years, to fuck up that 2nd round pick. Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender. Nothing. I'd say it'd be best for all involved if they just sat tight, went 5-11, fired everyone, and left the important decisions to the next staff.

Upon thinking about this, I'm moving more into the trade Olsen for a potential 2nd rounder. Basically, if Olsen stays we will get more of the hype on how great he is and then have the strong possibility of him delivering another mediocre season lowering his trade value. Olsen's value maybe at it's highest right now and could deliver the best value.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 03, 2010, 10:38:24 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 03, 2010, 09:55:29 AM
Quote from: Brownie on March 03, 2010, 09:49:01 AM
A good coach tailors his system to his personnel, especially his good personnel. He resists the temptation to shed good personnel for shitty personnel just so it fits his idealized system.

The Bears have good players and shitty players. Unfortunately, they lack a good coach.

How many coaches actually do that?  Parcells and...?

Don Shula
Chuck Noll
Tom Landry
Weeb Ewbank
Bill Cowher
Marty Schottenheimer
Jon Gruden

Oh, you're looking for current coaches?
Wade Phillips Sean Payton
Andy Reid
Bill Bellichick
Tom Coughlin (waiting for Fork's angry response)
Mike McCarthy
Mike Tomlin (as Shooter mentioned)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 03, 2010, 10:45:07 AM
I don't know about Olsen. I would say he's a pretty good tight end, but not this game changing elite tight end that the Bears seemed to believe. If the Bears could get a second rounder I'd say make the trade.

If we're talking about a competent GM here. I realize ten minutes ago I just said it was a good deal, but I'm changing my mind. Angelo would find a way, in one of the most promising drafts in years, to fuck up that 2nd round pick. Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender. Nothing. I'd say it'd be best for all involved if they just sat tight, went 5-11, fired everyone, and left the important decisions to the next staff.

Upon thinking about this, I'm moving more into the trade Olsen for a potential 2nd rounder. Basically, if Olsen stays we will get more of the hype on how great he is and then have the strong possibility of him delivering another mediocre season lowering his trade value. Olsen's value maybe at it's highest right now and could deliver the best value.

The problem with this is that you're looking at the 2nd round pick as an end in and of itself, when it's only a means to an end. By saying "Trade Olsen for a 2nd round pick" that assumes the player Angelo would draft with that pick will be a more valuable player than Greg Olsen. I just don't see that happening.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 10:59:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Nothing this team does this offseason is going to make them a playoff contender.

You don't think signing, say, Kampman/Peppers and Rolle/Sharper would add 2-3 wins from last year?  What about if they manage to shore up the o-line a bit?  If they're willing to spend some money this offseason (and it sounds like they are), I think they definitely could be a playoff "contender."  It's not like they went 2-14 last year.

I don't buy that they're willing to spend money this offseason. I think they'll say that until they can portray those guys as asking for a ludicrous amount of money and hope that you're content that they tried. If they made all of those moves then yeah, they could improve, but I'm positive they're just blowing smoke up my ass.

This is where I am. Until and unless Angelo/McClaskeys whip up a tasty Pepper(s) and egg sandwich on a Kaiser Roll(e) for Huey, I consider this team to be run by a bunch of bullshit tolerators.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 10:54:20 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 03, 2010, 10:45:07 AM

The problem with this is that you're looking at the 2nd round pick as an end in and of itself, when it's only a means to an end. By saying "Trade Olsen for a 2nd round pick" that assumes the player Angelo would draft with that pick will be a more valuable player than Greg Olsen. I just don't see that happening.

Yes it does, but that's where I'm sitting right now. Olsen's a good player, but using him to potentially fill a more glaring hole with a high round pick sounds good right now.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 03, 2010, 10:59:04 AM

This is where I am. Until and unless Angelo/McClaskeys whip up a tasty Pepper(s) and egg sandwich on a Kaiser Roll(e) for Huey, I consider this team to be run by a bunch of bullshit tolerators.

They've practically written the book on bullshit toleration.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 11:03:47 AM

And it's almost as good as "The Guns of August".

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:22 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 03, 2010, 11:09:09 AM

Woah, Woah. Slow your roll, dawg. Somethings you just don't joke about.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2010, 11:16:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 11:11:22 AM

The Kaiser tolerated way too much bullshit from von Moltke.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 03, 2010, 11:16:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 03, 2010, 11:11:22 AM

The Kaiser tolerated way too much bullshit from von Moltke.

I heart this post.  Yay history.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.