News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,485 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »
Quote from: Bonk on February 18, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
Another sure sign of spring...Dusty's first stupid comment of the year.

From this.

"It's like a lot of the Japanese pitchers, they don't have arm problems until they come here and they quit throwing so much."

How do you say "Tommy John surgery" in Spanish?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on February 19, 2010, 09:12:37 AM

From this.

"It's like a lot of the Japanese pitchers, they don't have arm problems until they come here and they quit throwing so much."

El sugerio de Tomas Juan.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2010, 09:55:24 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 19, 2010, 09:52:21 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on February 19, 2010, 09:12:37 AM

From this.

El sugerio de Tomas Juan.

Cool. Thanks.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
I think the Cubs are going to be a good team this year.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 11:50:35 AM »
Gordo reports.

Broken down
Great news. Lilly is working his way back from arthroscopic shoulder surgery and is likely to miss the first few weeks of the season anyway, but a bum knee would have no doubt prolonged his recovery.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2010, 01:02:55 PM »
Phantom knee pain is great news?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 19, 2010, 01:02:55 PM
Phantom knee pain is great news?

Or inflamed and not torn is better than torn.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »
This Ryan Theriot shit is making me hate him more than before. At this point there is almost nothing he can do on the baseball field that will make me stop wishing for him to fall into a pit of regurgitated corned beef hash.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 19, 2010, 03:29:25 PM
This Ryan Theriot shit is making me hate him more than before. At this point there is almost nothing he can do on the baseball field that will make me stop wishing for him to fall into a pit of regurgitated corned beef hash.

After that story in the What You Crappin' thread, I defer to you in all matters of digestion...
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2010, 03:39:28 PM »
I submit the guarantee the Cubs won today's arbitration hearing with Theriot if someone just walked into the room, dramatically slammed down a one page printout of the similarity scores for Theriot from Baseball Reference and said, "His number eight closest comparable is Aaron Miles!  I rest my case!"

Then, again, that would mean somebody on the Cubs knows what Baseball Reference is, or what a printer does.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 19, 2010, 03:39:28 PM
I submit the guarantee the Cubs won today's arbitration hearing with Theriot if someone just walked into the room, dramatically slammed down a one page printout of the similarity scores for Theriot from Baseball Reference and said, "His number eight closest comparable is Aaron Miles!  I rest my case!"

Then, again, that would mean somebody on the Cubs knows what Baseball Reference is, or what a printer does.

I have a horrible suspicion that anyone on the Cubs' staff that was given that sheet to deliver would somehow manage to accidentally swallow it.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 19, 2010, 03:29:25 PM

Am I missing something?  You hate him for going to arbitration?  I don't like Theriot at all, but I think it's
pretty awesome he's willing to double down on $400,000 (assuming the Cubs offered him the midpoint).

And I think it's total bullshit that the Cubs are crying about a player going to arbitration.  Given that the
owners have spent most of the last 100+ years colluding against the players, I'm happy to see a player
stick to his guns (likely literally plastic toys with red tips in this case) and take advantage of the collective
bargaining agreement that the owners signed on for.

If I could go to arbitration for my job, I sure as hell would.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »

Works well until Theriot's agent counters with HoFer Phil Rizzuto as #7 similar through age 29
and then we somehow get stuck with him for 7 years / 111 million.

Rizzuto better have had one hell of a glove (I'm kidding, every Yankee gets to be in the HoF),
because his best hitting attribute was sacrifices.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 19, 2010, 04:13:30 PM

Works well until Theriot's agent counters with HoFer Phil Rizzuto as #7 similar through age 29
and then we somehow get stuck with him for 7 years / 111 million.

Rizzuto better have had one hell of a glove (I'm kidding, every Yankee gets to be in the HoF),
because his best hitting attribute was sacrifices.

It was surprisingly small, actually: