News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,507 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:29 PM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 21, 2010, 04:10:29 PM
Sounds like On-Hoops Guzman had a fun offseason. Christ.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100220&content_id=8103944&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

QuoteMESA, Ariz. -- Angel Guzman was sleeping. He was in Venezuela to visit family, and his brother Daniel nudged him awake to tell him he was going to leave with two of their friends.

The brothers always said, "I love you," when they said goodbye, and they did it again as Daniel left the hotel room where Angel was staying in Las Mercedes, located within Caracas.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 21, 2010, 04:43:14 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100220&content_id=8103944&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

QuoteMESA, Ariz. -- Angel Guzman was sleeping. He was in Venezuela to visit family, and his brother Daniel nudged him awake to tell him he was going to leave with two of their friends.

The brothers always said, "I love you," when they said goodbye, and they did it again as Daniel left the hotel room where Angel was staying in Las Mercedes, located within Caracas.

Carrie just couldn't resist, could she?

QuoteNow, Angel has an angel watching over him.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »

Brothers don't shake hands...

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 21, 2010, 05:22:33 PM

Brothers don't shake hands...

Brothers gotta hug die in each other's arms.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 21, 2010, 05:09:00 PM

Carrie just couldn't resist, could she?

QuoteNow, Angel has an angel watching over him.

Angel Pagan is jealous.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
I hope he avoids the befouled Gregg Specs and goes with the Gooz Goggles.

QuoteAfter reporting to camp, Wells took an eye exam and discovered he needed glasses.

"I look like a dork, actually," he said Monday morning at rainy Fitch Park. "I don't know. We'll see. I haven't got my baseball glasses yet. I think I picked out some cool ones -- some Ricky Vaughn 'Wild Thing' glasses."

"It's kind of cool, though, that after all these years I find out I was blind," he said with a laugh. "Now I can see  a little bit, so I'm excited to see what happens."

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
Does it make me bad that after that '08 choke in the playoffs that I decided I'm not going to really watch the Cubs til I see they actually made a World Series? I have a wife and 8-month old and thought for sure they'd at least make it in '08. I just don't have the time/patience to dedicate the ridiculous amounts of time to these losers like I used to. I think I may have watched all of 20 innings all last season when surfing. Now after they make it to the series, if that ever happens in my lifetime, I'll get back to watching. Just not putting any more stock in this team til they can make it over the hump for once.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on February 22, 2010, 11:47:20 AM
Does it make me bad that after that '08 choke in the playoffs that I decided I'm not going to really watch the Cubs til I see they actually made a World Series? I have a wife and 8-month old and thought for sure they'd at least make it in '08. I just don't have the time/patience to dedicate the ridiculous amounts of time to these losers like I used to. I think I may have watched all of 20 innings all last season when surfing. Now after they make it to the series, if that ever happens in my lifetime, I'll get back to watching. Just not putting any more stock in this team til they can make it over the hump for once.

I find myself slowly drifting in this direction.

Just win a fucking pennant already, assholes.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »

Wow!  You Californians.  I tried surfing once and kept falling off the board.  I can't imagine watching tv at the same time!  Must be battery operated because most tvs don't come with cords  that long.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:04 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 22, 2010, 11:56:27 AM

Wow!  You Californians.  I tried surfing once and kept falling off the board.  I can't imagine watching tv at the same time!  Must be battery operated because most tvs don't come with cords  that long.

Damnit, I just pictured you on a surfboard and cracked up.  How do I explain THAT to co-workers?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Quote from: MAD on February 22, 2010, 11:50:25 AM

How many games do you have to watch to retain car-flipping/tire-burning privileges in the event they DO win, Huebiter?

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
Quote from: MAD on February 22, 2010, 11:50:25 AM

Thirded.

When the topic of saving a little more came up about a month or so ago, my yearly baseball package purchase was the first suggestion out of my mouth.  I've got too many other things to do to spend time being frustrated about a team of millionaires disappointing me year after year.
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 22, 2010, 12:11:55 PM
Too good not to share...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/columnists.nsf/billmcclellan/story/88081BE12B6C269E862576D1007F2D26?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor

That guy is a fucking idiot....

Quote5. Should the Cubs bring Sammy Sosa back as hitting coach?

This is probably the toughest question facing the Cubs this spring.

Toughest question in the sense that they never even fucking asked it.