News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,469 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 10:02:11 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 26, 2010, 10:00:41 AM
Illicit feelings.

Fuck me in my MikeC ass. I'm retiring.

I'm sorry. Cardinal fans don't do it for me, Benedict Yeti.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 26, 2010, 10:16:02 AM
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 09:59:35 AM
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2010, 09:52:12 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 09:46:24 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on February 26, 2010, 09:38:25 AM
We're gonna look like idiots if this fat fuck has a good year.

I'm confident we won't though. FML.

The day of the trade my Cardinals fan buddy (not IAN) who likes to play devil's advocate on anything I get pissed off about, which is a lot, tried to  tell me I'll regret my anger when he is good. I wouldn't back down. That fat fuck is going to suck and I'll go on thinking it was the worst trade Hendry's ever made and more the reason to fire his dumbass. This team has to make a trade to save a couple million a year? Well, if you dumbfucks were a little smarter with your money, then you wouldn't be in this fucking situation. Fuck Carlos Silva. Fuck Jim Hendry. Fuck Tom Ricketts, too. Him and his little scheme to recreate the Cubs teams of the 90s as managers is surely going to end well. RSM! GMPC! MGHC! TWBC! SD3BC!

Wait, apart from ACB you also post on Cardinals fan blogs? You fucking traitorous jello mold.

I can get behind the notion that I don't have any friends outside of the interwebs.

Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 09:49:06 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 09:46:24 AMHim and his little scheme to recreate the Cubs teams of the 90s as managers is surely going to end well. RSM! GMPC! MGHC! TWBC! SD3BC!

I don't understand any of this.

Ryne Sandberg - Manager (which I will concede he didn't have anything to do with him getting into the organization 4-5 yrs ago), Greg Maddux - Pitching Coach, Mark Grace - Hitting Coach, Turk Wendell - Bullpen Coach, Shawon Dunston - 3rd Base Coach.

I'm just looking forward to the prospects of a bleacher bum being the owner. It's gonna be great. It'll illicit all those nice feelings of what it's like to be Cubby! fan

Do you think it's a bad idea to have Maddux around? Are you in on some secret Ricketts hiring plan that the rest of us don't know about?

I'm going to throw something crazy out there: it's possible to pander to dipshits by bringing donuts to people waiting in line to buy tickets and hiring some loser to "direct fan experience" WHILE AT THE SAME TIME running a successful baseball organization. Let's see how it plays out, chubs.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 11:05:59 AM

The day of the trade my Cardinals fan buddy (not IAN) who likes to play devil's advocate on anything I get pissed off about, which is a lot, tried to  tell me I'll regret my anger when he is good. I wouldn't back down. That fat fuck is going to suck and I'll go on thinking it was the worst trade Hendry's ever made and more the reason to fire his dumbass. This team has to make a trade to save a couple million a year? Well, if you dumbfucks were a little smarter with your money, then you wouldn't be in this fucking situation. Fuck Carlos Silva. Fuck Jim Hendry. Fuck Tom Ricketts, too. Him and his little scheme to recreate the Cubs teams of the 90s as managers is surely going to end well. RSM! GMPC! MGHC! TWBC! SD3BC!

Wait, apart from ACB you also post on Cardinals fan blogs? You fucking traitorous jello mold.

I can get behind the notion that I don't have any friends outside of the interwebs.

Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 09:46:24 AMHim and his little scheme to recreate the Cubs teams of the 90s as managers is surely going to end well. RSM! GMPC! MGHC! TWBC! SD3BC!

Ryne Sandberg - Manager (which I will concede he didn't have anything to do with him getting into the organization 4-5 yrs ago), Greg Maddux - Pitching Coach, Mark Grace - Hitting Coach, Turk Wendell - Bullpen Coach, Shawon Dunston - 3rd Base Coach.

I'm just looking forward to the prospects of a bleacher bum being the owner. It's gonna be great. It'll illicit all those nice feelings of what it's like to be Cubby! fan

Do you think it's a bad idea to have Maddux around? Are you in on some secret Ricketts hiring plan that the rest of us don't know about?

I'm going to throw something crazy out there: it's possible to pander to dipshits by bringing donuts to people waiting in line to buy tickets and hiring some loser to "direct fan experience" WHILE AT THE SAME TIME running a successful baseball organization. Let's see how it plays out, chubs.

I'm still amazed that anyone thinks Maddux is really going to do anything meaningful while here. Even some of the hard-hearted bastards on this messageboard seem to think he's going to play a significant role with the club. I think he's going to play an assload of golf and stand behind the mound in spring training telling people things they probably need to learn eventually. But whether they get better or not depends on a lot of things taht will happen when Maddux is downing his 8th Michelob at the 19th hole of some hidden gem of a golf course that doesn't allow Mexicans.

That's really what I think.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »

No, I don’t have a problem with Maddux being around. That link that you posted the other day was nice, but I also think someone pointed out that Stevens should have been doing that long ago. Greg is a good thing for the club, probably. Sandberg as manager, I’m not cracked up about. Obviously, the other 3 were exaggerations but the reincarnation of the 1990s Cubs is the feeling that I have illicited.

He might do good things for the club, but I’m not convinced yet. After 5 months, I’ve made my decision. I needed answers and solutions right away. Instead I get a retention of troughs because of tradition.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 26, 2010, 11:16:11 AM

I'm still amazed that anyone thinks Maddux is really going to do anything meaningful while here. Even some of the hard-hearted bastards on this messageboard seem to think he's going to play a significant role with the club. I think he's going to play an assload of golf and stand behind the mound in spring training telling people things they probably need to learn eventually. But whether they get better or not depends on a lot of things taht will happen when Maddux is downing his 8th Michelob at the 19th hole of some hidden gem of a golf course that doesn't allow Mexicans.

We get it.  You have a hatred for Greg Maddux that is somehow more mystifying and irrational than all of my bizarre hatreds combined.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
Quote from: MAD on February 26, 2010, 11:17:26 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 26, 2010, 11:16:11 AM

The day of the trade my Cardinals fan buddy (not IAN) who likes to play devil's advocate on anything I get pissed off about, which is a lot, tried to  tell me I'll regret my anger when he is good. I wouldn't back down. That fat fuck is going to suck and I'll go on thinking it was the worst trade Hendry's ever made and more the reason to fire his dumbass. This team has to make a trade to save a couple million a year? Well, if you dumbfucks were a little smarter with your money, then you wouldn't be in this fucking situation. Fuck Carlos Silva. Fuck Jim Hendry. Fuck Tom Ricketts, too. Him and his little scheme to recreate the Cubs teams of the 90s as managers is surely going to end well. RSM! GMPC! MGHC! TWBC! SD3BC!

We get it.  You have a hatred for Greg Maddux that is somehow more mystifying and irrational than all of my bizarre hatreds combined.

I don't hate him. I really don't blame him for accepting free money from a team that expects him to do nothing, while retiring his number and encouraging its iditotic fanbase to continue fellating him for accomplishments and contributions he made for another team including bringing home World Series hardware. It's you lot that I have contempt for. Fuck off. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 11:17:18 AM

No, I don't have a problem with Maddux being around. That link that you posted the other day was nice, but I also think someone pointed out that Stevens should have been doing that long ago. Greg is a good thing for the club, probably. Sandberg as manager, I'm not cracked up about. Obviously, the other 3 were exaggerations but the reincarnation of the 1990s Cubs is the feeling that I have <i>illicited</i>.

He might do good things for the club, but I'm not convinced yet. After 5 months, I've made my decision. I needed answers and solutions right away. Instead I get a retention of troughs because of tradition.

I don't think Maddux is going to do anything significant to help the team. But it's harmless as far as fan-pandering moves go.

When the deal closed, Ricketts repeatedly said that they were going to take a year to evaluate everything about the team. If Kenney and Hendry are still around next winter I'll be glad to jump on your hatewagon.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

I give up.  What is an illegal simile?  For that matter, what is a legal simile?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 26, 2010, 12:06:14 PM
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

I give up.  What is an illegal simile?  For that matter, what is a legal simile?

Ask the anti-defamation league. They have a list. I support them by the way so don't get any ideas.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

I know what a vertical smile is.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:22 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 26, 2010, 11:21:08 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 26, 2010, 11:17:18 AM

No, I don't have a problem with Maddux being around. That link that you posted the other day was nice, but I also think someone pointed out that Stevens should have been doing that long ago. Greg is a good thing for the club, probably. Sandberg as manager, I'm not cracked up about. Obviously, the other 3 were exaggerations but the reincarnation of the 1990s Cubs is the feeling that I have <i>illicited</i>.

He might do good things for the club, but I'm not convinced yet. After 5 months, I've made my decision. I needed answers and solutions right away. Instead I get a retention of troughs because of tradition.

I don't think Maddux is going to do anything significant to help the team. But it's harmless as far as fan-pandering moves go.

When the deal closed, Ricketts repeatedly said that they were going to take a year to evaluate everything about the team. If Kenney and Hendry are still around next winter I'll be glad to jump on your hatewagon.

You'd hope that regardless of finish in 2010, they'd "evaluate" these two assholes out of town. What I hate is the mentality that I have to root for another failure of a season for the Cubs to do something different in the operations department.

I expect the Cubs to be absolutely mediocre. Meaning Ol' Ricketts is going to have to let us know if he really believes that's acceptable. Does he honestly want the Cubs to be one of the few teams in the majors that will not accept anything less than championships? If so he's going to have get these morons out of there and do whatever it takes to hire the best.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 12:18:04 PM
Illicit feelings.

Like an Illegal Smile?

I know what a vertical smile is.

Pen is only one who's ever listened to John Prine?

Stew, you can figure this out.  Illegal Smile?  Like after...oh...smoking something?  And you're the one who lives in a college town!  I bet all of Berkley smells like pot.